Another Memory

Six

Alison’s P.O.V.:

I wasn't sure as to exactly where I was, but I was happy enough to be safe. I couldn't see a foot in front of me, though didn't feel as if I was in any danger. I became aware of the arm draped over my side as I realised I was unable to move freely, and the soft breathing of another coming from behind me. I tried to remember what had happened what felt like a few hours ago now, but it just gave me a bigger headache. I remembered Mikey, and I remembered the hallway. The more I thought about it, the more I remembered that didn't make sense. I remembered someone spilling water all down my shirt and could feel it was still a little wet against my skin, but I guess they were only trying to help. The person behind me stirred then turned to face the other way. I could hear them making quiet noises in their sleep and could only hope that didn't mean they were about to start snoring, crossing my fingers beneath the covers. It became apparent after a while that it didn't, but their murmurs got louder with each passing minute.

“Fuckin...stop it. Stop...” It sounded as if they were having a nightmare. “Get out!” They jerked and sat up in bed, coughing and sputtering like mad. I sat up too. I recognised the voice of the person beside me now.

“Are you okay Gerard?” I was too tired to worry about currently sharing a bed with a stranger. To be honest, I kinda expected worse. At least I knew him as Mikey’s brother. Oh, it could have been much worse. I cursed myself for being so reckless.

“Ohh...did I wake you?” He was rubbing the sleep from his eyes now.

“No.”

“Do you need to know where the bathroom is?” He giggled at me as he turned to face me. I must’ve looked like shit.

“Actually, I don't feel too bad.”

“Are you kidding? You were quite drunk, honey...”

“I only had half a drink,” I said truthfully. Gerard sighed.

“I told Mikey that'd happen if he invited people he didn't know.”

“What?”

“Sounds to me like your drink was spiked. Don’t worry; I’ll yell at him for it in the morning.”

“Ohh...” We were silent for a bit. “Well, thanks for not taking advantage of me and...well, you know.” Gerard scrunched up his face in the most adorable of ways.

“Any time, hun.” I lay back down as he did, turning to face him.

“I hope I'm not intruding too much,” I said, though it was obvious I was. I was far too tired to walk home, though.

“You're alright. It's nice to have some company at night for once. I mean, well–” It was obvious he hadn't wanted to say that. “Not that I don't...Fuck, I mean, not with…and not like that–”

“Go, back to sleep, Gerard,” I said, tired of him blabbering about. I hadn't a clue what he was trying to say.

“Goodnight Alison.”

I awoke again later in the morning to a knocking on Gerard's bedroom door. It got louder with each passing minute, and Gerard clearly wasn't going to wake for it.

“For Fuck's sake Gee, wake up already!” It was Mikey. “Mum and dad are gonna be home soon and the house is a goddamn mess! Can you help?” I began to get up, feeling that I'd better help my stressed friend get the house clean again. As I crawled over Gerard to get out of his bed, he latched onto my arm. I almost screamed at how sudden he'd woken up.

“Where are you going?” he asked, the sleep still in his eyes. He rubbed them and seemed to wake up a little more.

“I'm going to help Mikey clean your house before your parents arrive,” I said. It took a while before Gerard responded.

“You'll have to leave, Alison. This'll look bad...”

“Wha–”

“Can you fit through that window?” He pointed to the smallest window I'd seen, I swear. “I don't have the key for the back door.”

“I guess so...”

“Come on, you're tiny! Just squeeze a little more!” Gerard’s arms were around my waist as he held me up to the window, eagerly pushing me forward more and more with each passing second. I was starting to wish I’d sucked it up and just left in the middle of the night instead, as then the front door would have been my exit. Gerard’s hands suddenly moved to rest on my ass and I could feel myself blushing, the anger within me overriding the uncomfortable situation for just a moment.

“Watch your hands!”

“I’m sorry!” He let go immediately, his own cheeks a little flushed, and I almost fell back to the floor.

“Gerard I’m telling you,” I began through gritted teeth, trying to remain calm as he placed his hands on me once again, “I’m not able to fit through this damn window!” The instant the words left my lips I felt as my hips were pushed through the tiny frame. Gerard let go of my feet, allowing for me to make the rest of the way out on my own.

“I told you,” he said matter-of-factly. I sneered across at him as I lowered myself back to the window.

“Thanks for that.” I felt a little degraded. Why had he made me do that? I knew he’d picked up on my tone as I walked off, hearing a muttered “sorry” coming from not far behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Legendary Disaster for commenting, and to all the subscribers <3