Status: Complete.

Keep Your Girl Out of My Shoe Cabinet, Your Wife

Chapter 12

Image

The next morning we arrived in Pittsburgh. It was still quite early and the airport comparatively empty.
We had left Cole Harbour before the sun rose and when our plane took off, the sky was colored in the most beautiful orange and red tones. With a cab we got to his house, dropped off our baggage before heading back to downtown to meet up with the real estate agent.

A middle aged women with short blonde curled hair approach us. “Good Morning Mister Crosby. It is an honor to work with you again. Mrs. Crosby. It is a pleasure to meet you.” I shook her hand and replied. “Good Morning Mrs. Muller. Thank you so much for your effort.”
“Well as you asked I chose some houses 5 to 6 bathrooms. I remembered how much you wanted to stay in Sewickley last time we were looking for houses, so now I have four houses picked out for you, all located in Sewickley. I would like to start with the first house. It is the cheapest as it costs 999,000 dollar and comes along with 5 bathrooms, 4.6 bathrooms, a property of 1.15 acres, a built in ground swimming pool, no basement but a great kitchen and an exercise room.”
We jumped in our car and followed her to the house. It was really gorgeous and had well sized bed rooms and an awesome living room but
“Mrs. Muller, I really like this house but it is located within a gold court and with the position I have in Pittsburgh and we do have in Canada we would rather have something a little more private. I’m just afraid that we and future kids won’t have the anonymity they would need to grow up without additional pressure by being exposed to golf court visitors on a daily base.”
Mrs. Muller nodded and lead us to the next house. In the car silence spread between Sidney and I.

“Viv… Was I too quick with saying that? I’m sorry. I totally forgot asking you about it. It was just what came to my mind as soon as we passed the gate. Did you like it? Did you want that one? I’m so sorry.” Sidney rambled.

“Sid, Sid, Sid STOP. I’m totally fine with it. I was thinking pretty much the same thing so don’t grow grey hair on that one. I liked it honestly. But the location is just a no go. I mean does she want us to raise this little oreo on a silver plate or what?”

He smiled a little and let out a breath he was holding in: “okay… Oreo? How that?”
I grinned. “I had an appointment yesterday, as I told you and the doctor said it is about as big as an oreo so for no it is an oreo.”
As we stopped in front of the next house, he put the car into park, turned towards me and smiled widely: “And everything okay with our little oreo?”
“Yes everything fine. No harm done with all the stress during the honey moon and all the flights. Otherwise I wouldn’t be with you here in Pittsburgh but in my bed back home.”
Before I could finish I felt his hand in my neck, pulling me closer. Softly he placed a kiss on my forehead and lingered for a second. “Thank you. It might seem weird but thank you for it being you to give me a kid.” I pulled back, took in his expression and smiled a little before getting out of the car. We met in front of the car. Sidney took my hand and I whispered a “you’re welcome” into his ear.
Mrs. Muller was already waiting in front of the house . It was a little smaller than the first house and a little more expensive as it costed 1,245,000. It had 5 bathrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 3 garage. The entire house had a nice hardwood floor. It was built 1900 and had a homey feeling the moment I stepped into the house. The kitchen was amazing.
“That chandelier so has to leave in case you want this house.” Sidney said as I was appreciating the countertops.
The next house was just too big and not really our style. It sure looked nice and modern from the outside but soon we knew that there were too many things we had to redo before moving in. Seeing that it was the most expensive house and the many additional costs it wasn’t something we wanted.
The last house was just great. It also had hardwood floor and I really liked the way the rooms were but many rooms had wall to wall carpets and I wasn’t into it. Mrs. Muller showed us the house and the property but I soon knew which house I liked the most.
“So know that we have seen all four houses, what are your impressions. Are there any you like the most or did none of them appeal to you? Have you already made your decision or do you need some more time.” She asked as we finished the tour through the backyard.

“I would like to first have a quick chat with Vivian about what she thinks before we make a decision so if we could have a minute.” Sidney answered.

“Of course of course. I’ll head inside and make a call to another client who is also interested in the house in Thorn Street so take your time and come into the living room as soon as you are done.” She smiled at us and walked away.
As soon as the door closed behind her, Sid let go of me and took a step back to face me.
“So what so you think?” He asked.
“I want Thorn Street. It feels like a home, is not too huge and we don’t have to redo too much. The garden is great and I really like the patio. Just all those chandeliers have to get out and that creepy picture in the entrance. Otherwise I love that one.” I answered.

“Great”, Sidney smiled: “That’s what I thought. So let’s tell her that we buy that one… there are only to things…”
I turned back towards him and gave him a questioning look.
“a) can we PLEASE put a pool in the backyard.”
I laughed and nodded.
“Sure… whatelse?”
“We have three garages, I only have two cars so I totally HAVE to buy you a car aswell. And don’t go on about how you have money on your own. I want to buy a car for you so I will.”
Again I laughed at his eagerness and agreed to his plead.
We went back inside, told Mrs. Muller our decision and she promised to send us the papers as soon as possible.

Sidney’s Point of view
After we shook hand with Mrs. Muller I lead Vivian back to my car, held the door open for her before taking her out for a late lunch. I was really happy that we had found a place we both liked this quickly. As kids, though we were best friends, it was always easy for us to have discussions for hours about the easiest decisions. What movie to watch, which pizza to order. I shook my head to get back into reality, took my cap of, threw it on the backseat and pulled the car back onto the road. After a few moments Vivians Blackberry started to ring in a tune it hadn’t rang in before: “Don’t hate me cause I’m beautiful” a women’s voice sang. From the corner of my eyes I saw Vivian rolling her eyes.

“That is my agent… whatever he wants” she mumbled before answering the phone.

“Hey Antoine. How are you? Haven’t heard from you in weeks.”
[…]
“Uhm… no actually not. Wasn’t planning on why…“ she made a face.

“Sasha… really… do I have to? How much is paid?”
[…] Sasha? As in the shoe company or some guy…. Sidney you think too much
“Okay so just a short video and some print pictures… not more… and no one else can do it?”
[…]
“Hold on… I gotta ask my husband. But you promise me I’ll be back at night?”
[…]
“Yeah give me a second. I’ll call you back.”

She put her phone down and turned towards me again.
“So this was my agent and there is this real urgent booking I have to take because I owe that guy something since forever. He once pretty much saved my life and now he wants me to make a short commercial for him and some print shoots. I promise there won’t be any harm done I’m just flying to New York while you are doing some interview, media stuff and I will be back before you know.” Vivian looked at me with big pleading eyes.

“Okay… if you really have to. But don’t stress yourself too much and don’t let them stress you. You have the future of Canada within you. Be always aware of that.” I joked.

“Thank you… you won’t miss me at all tomorrow” She smiled and called her agent back.

Tomorrow? I wanted her to meet Mario and his family tomorrow.

Vivians view
After I talked with Antoine to confirm my attendance tomorrow, Sidney’s mood had changed and he seemed a little annoyed. During lunch he did not say a word and neither did he on our way back to his house.
He stayed taciturn for the rest of the day and the only time I heard his voice again was when he walked into the guest room he had offered me to stay in to tell me, that he was going out to dinner with Becky.

When the front door fell close I grabbed my Tory Burch weekender put important things like my go see book, my iPod, passport, wallet, the printed ticket I had just received via email and my new key into it, along with a hoddie Trina had given me to my birthday years ago. The first birthday after Sidney had left.

My alarmclock woke me up at 5am. I jumped under the shower, put on a cute outfit (comment from Layla:mentally close a button or two) and called myself a cab, before heading downstairs to eat some muesli.
When the car honked, I had just finished a not for Sid, grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and left the house.

Sidney was so going to hate me for this.