Status: Complete.

Keep Your Girl Out of My Shoe Cabinet, Your Wife

Chapter 33

Image

“Sid”, Viviane suddenly asked when the couple stood in front of the mirror brushing their teeth before going to bed.

“huh?” he mumbled with the toothbrush between his teeth glancing over to her.

“Don’t you guys leave tomorrow evening after practice to Philly so you have all the time you need?”

Sidney nodded and continued brushing. Viviane felt her heart drop a little and looked down.

“So we’re not going out tomorrow evening?” she was sad. She had spend the day in bed with knowing what it’s purpose was. She had a goal to stay in there all day. the goal to rest enough to spend a nice dinner out with Sidney.
Sid felt the sudden change of Viviane’s appearance and spit out the tooth paste.

“Vivy I’m not going to Philly.”

Viviane’s head shot up and she looked at him.

“What?”

“I’m not going. I talked with the doctors today and they don’t think it’s a good idea…”

“But didn’t you say your knee was okay? Nothing’s swollen, it’s not sore… this is not about the baby right?” she was really insecure how to handle his possible step back for the family.

“No… it’s not the knee and not solely about the baby… I’m not feeling 100% after the hit and I don’t want to risk another concussion so the doctors want to take some more tests on Thursday.”

“Oh Sid…”she stepped over to him and hugged him as tightly as the baby allowed. “I hate this… is there anything I can do for you?”

“Go out with me tomorrow and we’ll feel a lot better won’t we?”

“Sounds like a plan”

Viviane stepped back a little and ran a hand through his short hair. Sidney closed his eyes and leaned against the soft touch.
When he opened his eyes again he smirked.

“You have tooth paste in your hair… you don’t have to cuddle with my tooth brush… go ahead and rape me for that.”

Both laughed and carefully he wiped the white stains out of her hair. Sidney soon left the bathroom to let his wife finish her night procedure. When she entered the master bedroom 10 minutes later, he laid on his side of the bed facing her.

“The big bedroom again? You are really getting attached to this bed right?” she joked and slid under the cover he held up for her.

“Maybe I just don’t want to be alone right now.” He said in a low voice. Wondering a little the turned around and faced him. Softly she let her cold finger slide over the wound on his right cheek. She felt bad for this set back.

“This is just unfair you know? Finally I was back to the game and it felt like everything was okay with us and now the doctors pretty much put you on bed rest and I’m out again. What have we done to deserve this?” Sidney reached out for her hand and let his thumb strike over its back.

“I don’t know Sid. I really don’t… believe me I wish nothing more than you to be back on ice for good and for the baby to be healthy… I even voted you into the all star game… we will come back strong… it’s just two games for a couple of tests… not 10.5 months again and in about two months you will be a dad with a baby in your arm. No matter what will happen Sid. To this child you will always be the best hockey player in the world but most of all you will always be the best dad ever. Never forget that. You’re not alone anymore… you have us and we’ll get out of this canyon and together we’ll climb over every rock in our way.”

Sidney smiled at her little speech, shifted and placed his head onto the bump to listen to the baby.

“But Sidney I swear you will have to carry the stroller over those rocks.”

She heard him laugh a little, kiss the bump and shift again.

“It will be my pleasure… let’s sleep it’s late.”

Viviane agreed, killed the light and rested her head on his chest so she could listen to his heart beat… the lullaby of her past nights. Sid’s big warm hand cupped the belly a little and the little family fell asleep.

------------------------------

The next morning they had a quick breakfast together. Afterwards Sid headed to the rink for the daily on ice practice a little check up, as well as talking to the trainers about how to schedule the tests he would go through while the team was on the road. Once the guys had left for the airport after a collective lunch at Consol, he confirmed his reservation for tonight and ran some errands downtown.

In the meantime at home Viviane laid on the couch with her Macbook on the bump leaned against the legs and skyped with friends from Paris. She had to admit that she was a little jealous when she saw how the daily life went on without her. The girls and guys all were as gorgeous as they were when she had left. New faces had been added, familiar ones left. The girls squealed when Viviane flashed her rings and the boys eyes Sidney up and down when he arrived in the living room –topless for some reason-.

“Excusez-moi, mais je dois enlever ma femme” Sidney told them in his adorable accent.
{Excuse me, but I have to abduct my wife enlever can also mean undress}
Everyone in Paris laughed loudly and Viviane had to bit her lower lip to stop herself from bursting into laughter aswell.

“Kidnapper ou se dévêtir?” Julian asked some time later. {Kidnap or undress?}
The girls still were drooling over Sid’s well toned chest as Viviane had placed herself between his legs and rested her head on his abs.

“Il pouvait faire les deux en même temps ... je voudrais” Christobal answered and winked at Viviane. {He could do both at the same time... I would}

“Rêves toujours” Sidney answered, softly kissed her weak spot a little behind and below her ear, nippled and sucked a little. {Dream on.}

The girls awed but the guys whistled and rolled their eyes…

“You’re giving me a hickey and they are watching… quit that.” She whispered so low that only he could hear it. Sidney smiled against her neck and blew some air at her so her entire body was covered in goose bumps.
“I may not care?” he answered in the same tone.

“It was nice talking to you guys… see you… au revoir.” Viviane waved quickly and slammed the Macbook shut before they could start dashing out comments.

“We have to leave at 7 so you still have 90 minutes to get ready… is that enough for you? ”

“Sure… what should I wear?”

“Whatever you feel fine in… not red carpet and not torn jeans… something in the middle… but you could also make a trash bag look fashionable so… whatever floats your boat…”

Viviane smiled at her husband, let her hand trail over his ever prominent pectoral muscles one last time and headed to the master bedroom.
After a quick shower she added some slight curly into her bangs and put on a black Maternity dress that cut off right at her knee, black flats and a bright red clutch that went along with her red fingernails and read satin band she had put around the dress instead of the black one. She added the necklace Sidney had given her for their wedding and felt ready to go.
A little insecure she stepped in front of the full view mirror in the closet and took in what she saw. For the first time since she had gotten really big so that she mostly had to wear maternity clothing, she dressed up in a dress. She turned around a little and tried to find a pose she felt comfortable in but failed.

“Hey… don’t frown” Sidney’s voice appeared behind her and scared her to death. “You look really beautiful.”

“No I’m not” she answered “I’m fat and my boobs and belly aren’t big enough to fill out this dress.” Viviane pouted. Her husbands large hands rested on her shoulders and massaged them a little.

“Don’t tear yourself down. Do you remember the prep talk you gave me only hours ago? I could repeat it for you but I don’t think it is necessary. Soon we will have our little monster here keeping us up at night and our trash can will always have this special scent… Viviane when you are on the runway you are stunning and every one sees it. But when you stand barefoot in a man’s bedroom in his shirt pregnant with his baby… that’s the most beautiful picture he will keep in his head.”

“Aw thanks Sid.” She turned around and hugged him. “Now let’s go baby is hungry and starts kicking mommy for food.”

Sidney laughed and grabbed Viviane’s hand. “Little one stop kicking your mom… we’re on our way to the food okay?”

----------------

They had dinner in a small but expensive Italian restaurant. The tables were packed and when they entered a couple in front of them were told that the waiting list for a table was 2 months. They were led to a table for two in a corner with a beautiful view.

“Sid… how did you get in here on such a short notice I mean you just heard the lady…” Viviane was speechless and let her eyes wander off the card through the room and finally found his face. Sidney just smirked and looked down a little shyly.
”I don’t want to sound cocky but I’m Sidney Crosby…”

Viviane laughed: “I know… Sid was like my fourth word after ma, dad and woopa”
Sid smirked a little more and continued: “What I was trying to say is if I drop my name no one in this town ever denied me anything.”
“Oh right… I remember you’re not anymore that too young center of the Cole Harbor Red Wings with the cubby face but Mr. Hockey of the new millennium. Stanley Cup Champion, Gold medal winner and youngest Captain to ever pick his nose on national tv… by the way you have to clean the sink in the one guest room tomorrow. It seems plugged.” She rattled it down matter of factly and left Sidney to giggle out loud, causing the attention of numerous guests.

Quickly he shut up again and ordered their food. They joked a little and talked about different things that needed to be done during the weekend now that Sidney spent the time at home. While they were waiting for dessert they saw a young boy around 5 years old taking to his mom. It seemed like she forbid him something but the little boy kept staring at Sidney.

“I think you have a little fan right there but his mom doesn’t want him to interrupt us.” Viviane whispered.
Sid turned to the family and waved. In surprise and awe the mother let go of her son and the father added a tiny shove with his foot from underneath the table cloth when the little boy tumbled towards Sid.

“Mister… Mister Crosby Can I haz an autograph maybe?Hello Misses Crosby” the little boy asked.
Sid smiled at the little boy and said: “Hey I’m Sid and this is my wife Vivy. What’s your name?”

“Hi I’m Cody and today’s my fifth birthday” he smiled widely.

“Oh really? Happy Birthday buddy. Got a nice present?”

The boy nodded and made his blonde curls fly everywhere. “I got a jersey. Flooory is my favorite player.”

Sidney shortly glanced to Viviane, she nodded and gave him a thumbs up.

“Would you like to meet Flower?”

The eyes of the kid lid up. Sid grabbed the kid’s hand and led him back to his parents table.

In awe with a funny feeling in her stomach Viviane watched Sidney interact with the little boy and his family. Soon her hand wandered onto her belly and a smile was plastered to her face. He returned with a napkin in his hand and a big smile.

“I invited him and his father to practice. I have their name and numbers so I can leave them passes on will call… but the mother is creepy” he whispered the last part. Viviane laughed, put the napkin into her handbag and reached for his hand across the table while dessert was brought to them.

In the car home Viviane fell asleep. Carefully Sidney carried her into the master bedroom, took off her jacket, shoes, tights and dress and replaced it with a shirt. Soon he joined her in bed and was asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kelly, Lee, Kendra, Zoe and Sidney joined the race to be my favorite person of the day :P