To Have A Love Like This

Chapter Eleven

Erik POV

Being at work did help keep me distracted for the most part. David would wander in my direction every now and again to ask me if I was doing okay. At lunch he left home because Emily was there waiting for them to go out with Scott. He lounged around the car I was working on until I told him to leave already.

Mike disappeared back to Beth’s office since the beginning of lunch time and hasn’t come back. I do not want to go back there. The other guys were in the room where we kept the lockers with our stuff eating what they bought or brought from home.

I didn’t have either. I worked through most of lunch hour. Oil change gone bad. How any of that happens is beyond me. I was too preoccupied to notice the door opening of the shop. “Erik?” a warm hand touched my back making me jump in surprise. I looked behind me.

Samantha wore tightfitting dark blue jeans with a plaid purple top, her hair framing her face, and her expression one of nervousness. Crossing my arms I pretended to appear uninterested. “Yes?”

“I – uh – are you here alone?” I shook my head not saying anything. Looking around the shop she faced me again confused.

“The other guys are in the back eating lunch.” Mike came back from Beth’s office with a stupid grin and his hair mussed. He looked at Samantha shocked. He put on a smile nonetheless walking towards us and extending his hand towards her.

“Uh it’s nice to meet you? Do you have a problem with your car?”

“No I came to talk to Erik but it seems that he’s busy.” Beth came from the hallway instantly spotting us. When she looked at Samantha in curiosity I knew that I wasn’t going to like anything that came from this.

“Erik is supposed to be taking his lunch right now.” Mike gave me a pointed look.

“What do you need him for, sweetheart?” Beth asked her.

“I just wanted to know if Erik wanted to have lunch with me.” She looked at me questionably. I picked up the tool I was using it as my defense mechanism.

“I have to finish this car and two others by today I don’t really have the time.” She frowned but nodded and started to back away. And that was when Beth intercepted.

“Nonsense, I know those cars don’t have to be finished until Friday. You have the time to take this pretty lady to lunch. It isn’t going to kill you to take an hour off.”

“Or the rest of the day,” Mike murmured. Samantha looked at me for my reaction. I knew that I would look like a dick if I didn’t go so sighing I dropped the tool from my hand into the toolbox.

“Yes I have the time to leave. Just let me go wash up a bit.” I walked to the lockers where everyone was throwing their trash away.

“Hey where are you going, Erik?” one of the guys asked me.

“Um I thought about taking the rest of the day off. I didn’t sleep that good last night.”

“Lucky bastard, if all I had to say was I didn’t sleep well and I could leave I’d do it in a heartbeat.” I chuckled along with the rest of the guys before washing the oil stains off my arms. I looked at myself in the mirror noticing that my shirt was anything but appropriate to go to lunch. Groaning I headed back to garage to see Samantha’s shirt full of oil. I quickly went back getting an extra shirt I always kept there and gave it to Samantha.

“Thanks, where’s the lady’s room?” I felt heat rise from my neck to my cheeks.

“It’s a unisex bathroom and over there.” She changed and we left. She looked good in my shirt even if it was a bit long. Her shirt was a ball in a plastic baggy. It swung between them and occasionally hit him in the leg. “How did your shirt get soaked in oil?”

“One of the guys was being stupid.” I waited for her to say more but she didn’t. I shrugged it off thinking I’ll just get the story tomorrow.

“Listen I feel bad that your shirt, you know, do you want to go back to David’s house so you could shower or something?”

“Or something, they locked the door and I don’t have a key. I left my dumb phone in there too.” I bit my lip hesitating on asking her if she wanted to go to my apartment. In the end I gathered enough courage to ask her.

“We could go to my apartment so you could shower and take off the stench of the oil, if you want to of course.” She smiled gratefully agreeing to go.

“You could also change or shower.” I looked down at my shirt. I didn’t think it was that bad. Oh hell yes I did because I wanted to look my best for Samantha.

We walked to my apartment since neither of us had a cars. The walk wasn’t long although it was spent in silence. I grew anxious as went up the elevator. I tried to think of how messy I had left it this morning. I wasn’t a total slob but I wasn’t a clean freak either. I unlocked the door dropping them on the table right next to the broken chair. I cringed imaging what she could have been thinking but she didn’t point it out.

“Um don’t worry I don’t have guy smelling shampoo.” I lead her through my room to the bathroom. When my gaze caught hers I noticed a look in her eyes but I couldn’t figure out what it was. I gave her a towel and told I would be waiting her when she got out.

“Wait,” she grabbed my arm as turned to leave. Little bolts of electricity went up my arm making me lightly shudder. I glanced at her and I knew she had felt it too. Subconsciously we stepped closer together. “What about my shirt?”

“What shirt?” I licked my lips watching hers move. She held up the plastic bag wiggling it a little to emphasis that it was the shirt. I looked between her and it and I knew she didn’t actually care about taking a shower or washing her shirt anymore. The look she had in her eyes was one I had actually seen before. Stepping just a bit closer I whispered.

“What do you want to do about it?”

“Um wash it?” I leaned closer until I could feel her breath on me.

“Right now or…” I trailed off. She narrowed her eyes for a second dropping the bag to the floor.

“Damn you, Erik. You know I used to love when you used that voice.” She stepped closer, right into my arms.

“What voice?” She put her hands on my chest.

“The one you used to use when we were about to get it hot and heavy.” I didn’t say anything but just kept my eyes trained on hers. Ever so slightly she tilted her head up and I knew she wanted it too. I brushed my lips against hers testing to see if she would stop me. “You know what I used to love you doing.”

My lips lifted as I kissed along her jaw to her neck. She pressed herself closer to me, molding her body perfectly with mine. She gripped my shirt as I slid my arms around her waist. I kissed her neck behind her ear. Taking the lobe between my teeth I pulled until she made a noise at the back of her throat.

“Yesterday, when you said I was yours, did you forget that you had dumped me?” I froze for only a second. I continued my journey on her neck.

“Kind of, maybe.” She pushed me back until I was seated on the bed with her standing between my legs.

“We shouldn’t be doing this,” she muttered unbuttoning my shirt.

“I’m not stopping you from smacking the shit outta me and leaving.” She lifted her eyes to me her lips lifting in amusement.

“You would let me smack you?” When she was finished she pushed the shirt downs my arms. “Gr this shouldn’t be here.” She grabbed my undershirt lifting up and off of me. “Just the way the way I remember, well maybe more defined.” She leaned down kissing my collarbone. “You didn’t answer my question.”

I licked my lips once again nodding. Standing fully straight she started to unbutton her shirt. “I want you to be sure you know what you’re doing.” She contemplated my words but still continued to unbutton.

“Oh I know what I’m doing and I want it.”

“You won’t say I pressured you later?” She shoved my shoulder back chuckling.

“I would cut off your ball sac not smack you if you tried to pressure me.”

Chuckling I flipped our positions laying her on her back. Our lips finally crashed together in the sweet connection that we had often spent our time doing. I felt my shaft hardening and when she palmed it through my pants it was rock hard in seconds. “You realize we’re about to have sex, right?” She ran her hands through my hair tugging at the ends.

“Oh yes I do. All I have to say is that I know you’ll take me on one hell of a ride.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't know if it was too early or anything but I did it-or they did lol.
Please C-O-M-M-E-N-T!
:3