Status: Updates might be slow... but please still read!!! =)

Link

Chapter 11

Chapter 11

“Where the hell have you been?” George asked his daughter as she entered the living room.
“School, dad. I go to school, remember?” Scar sighed, realizing that her dad was more drunk than she thought, and turned to go to her room. However, she never told him that she’d been to the cemetery minutes before. Then, remembering the party, she turned back and hesitantly spoke.
“I’m going to a party tonight. Alex is driving. I already ordered pizza for you and Tom, so you’ll be all set.” As she made a break for her room, George replied.
“Yeah. Go have fun.”
Stunned, Scarlett paused at her bedroom door. “Thanks dad,” she called, and stepped inside. From there, she smiled, a real smile. Throwing down her bag, she opened her closet and stuffed her dress into a cloth bag, tossed in some jewelry and makeup, and then headed out of her room, stopping once more at the living room entrance.
“Um, I’m going to go to Alex’s to get ready. See you, dad. Bye, Tom!” she called more loudly for her brother to hear, and she heard a grunt in response.
“Don’t be too late,” was all George told her, taking another swig of his beer.
Once out the door, Scarlett ran a mile to Alex’s house, where she rang the doorbell, panting.
“Oh geez. You ran?” Alex asked, snorting as she opened the door and stood aside to let her best friend in. “Oh, and we have a problem…”
“What is it? And I can’t believe it… my dad said I could go and to have fun. I can’t believe he said that!” Scar shook her head, smiling disbelievingly.
“Not to burst your bubble, but he was drunk, wasn’t he? And about that problem…”
“C’mon! You have to get ready,” Scarlett told her, taking her by the wrist and dragging Alex through her own house.
A few minutes later, Scar emerged from the bathroom in a black and red dress. Coming down above her knees, a deep red silk covered the top of the dress, a ruffled black gauzy material peeked out at the bottom of the dress, and a small red bow was placed at the top of the torso in the middle.
“Aw, you look nice!” Alex gushed, already dressed in a deep ocean blue one-shoulder dress. “But get this, Scar.”
“What?”
“Ummm…”
“Alex, what’s wrong?” As Scarlett put her earrings on, she faced Alex concernedly.
“I misjudged the distance to the Warehouse. It’s two hours away from here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to Moonlit.Memories for a comment, thank you!!! =)