‹ Prequel: The Tracks of My Tears

I'm Only Me When I'm With You

Surprise.

I'm Only Me When I'm With You

Chapter Six

He lay on his back, a beautiful girl was straddling his waist, it was every guys best dream but he felt like he was dirty, like scum, like he would never be accepted in a church ever again. She rocked against him and he closed his eyes, trying with all his might to enjoy it, but it was the same every time, he just couldn't.

“Stop that” he barked at her, she stopped her actions and looked down at him confused. “Get off me you, slut.”

He wiggled out from under her and went and sat at the bottom of his bed, sighing heavily.

“I thought you wanted to....” the girl trailed off.

“I changed my mind” Nick barked, not looking at her. “You can leave now.”

“How am I gonna get home?”

“I don't care....” he trailed off. She huffed and got out of his bed, she stormed to his door and slammed it shut, a few seconds latter he heard his apartment door slam, the girl was gone. He lay back on his back, he couldn't understand why he couldn't do it, it was so easy for Joe, even with a girl who was underage, how come Nick couldn't do it? How come every time he tried he wound up kicking the girl out or running away?

“Would you like to know the sex of your babies?” the doctor asked. Joe and Annie looked at each other.

“No...”

“Yes...”

They looked at each other again.

“Let's wait, baby” Joe told her. “It will be a surprise.”

“But we gotta know so we can decapitate the room.”

“You could do it neutral colors” the doctor butt in.

“See, that's a good idea” Joe smiled.

“A nice egg shell yellow or maybe a powder blue... and you never know you may have a boy and a girl.”

Annie shook her head, she needed to know, she had to know what she was having.

“Please, Annie, I really want to do this” Joe pleaded with her.

“Joe.”

“Please, Annie, you know in the old days you had to wait.”

“I want to know” Annie told him, sternly.

“I don't.”

“Then leave the room” she told him.

“Annie.... please, it will be fun.”

“How will it be fun?”

“Cause its a surprise” Joe smiled.

“I find surprises overrated.”

They argued for awhile, but after awhile Annie just gave up, she waited this long she could wait a few more months. After the appointment they went to lunch with Denise and Danielle.

“What are you having?” Danielle jumped up right away when they walked over to the table.

“Joe doesn't want to find out, he want's it to be a surprise...”

“Stupid” Danielle hit his arm, he whined, rubbing his arm as he sat.

“I think its a sweet idea” Denise chimed in.

“Who asked you?” Danielle asked.

“Excuse me?”

“I mean... um...” Danielle trailed off, suddenly getting really interested in the menu.

“See” Joe smiled. “Thank you, mom.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its a sucky chapter, but its a chapter nun the less.... so please comment!!