Status: Ten Stars; as of March 18th. Thanks so much!

The Photo Effect.

The Start of a Plan.

Surprisingly, the weekend was uneventful. Jules ‘worked’ most of the time our parents weren’t home, and I cleaned up after us, did my homework and made sure nothing bad happened. Yeah, I should be the one who is getting the better grades and has all the friends, but I’m not. And I sort of like it that way. I told Emily about my sister. She said, “yeah doesn’t surprise me.” Kael said, “where does she work?” That earned him a nice little slap to the cheek.

It was Saturday night. I had just finished my shift at work, Quinn and I came up with the idea to hang out at my place which surprised me because he seems to be pretty into sports, and girls. Quinn has also mentioned his fan base at school along with his popularity meter. I told him he should date my sister, he told me to shut up.

“This is where the magic happens, ta-da,” I waved my arms, stretching them out wide.

“This is your room?” He asked, his tone bewildered. “Can we trade? Wait a second… I thought it was pink and blue because the last time—“

I scrunched up my face, “I was fucking with you last time. That was my sister’s room, and hell no. Your room probably smells disgusting, and is infested with naked posters.”

“Actually,” he took my desk’s chair and twirled around uselessly. “Yeah you’re right.” He started to laugh. I knew his room wasn’t like your typical jock room, but it was still fun to rub it in his face every once in a while due to his well-known status at school.

Throughout the night we chatted about everything and anything. With Quinn our conversations never got bored which I found odd because most ‘popular’ people have the tendency to talk only about themselves or what they’re good at. Quinn did sometimes, but he was also skilled in broadening the topics at hand. He was classy, smooth and hilarious. I even had to hide my face from the blushing he caused out of me a few times. Overall, Quinn and my relationship was one that I wouldn’t ever trade nor sacrifice. He kept me in with the all the rage world and I reciprocated with the uncommon.

“Hey Riley,” He asked, once we were seated comfortably on my sofa, watching old re-runs of the show ‘Next’ that used to be on MTV.

“Hey Quinn,” I copied, turning my head to face him, smiling.

He was hesitant for a moment. “Never mind. But I have to get going. Football practice, and since it’s almost the state game you know how that goes.” He stood to his feet, stretching his arms to my ceiling, the smile never leaving his face.

I’ll admit that I was sad when he had to leave, and left me hanging with a thousand questions. I wanted to know that he was going to say, but soon it all faded when his faces became really close to mine. His nice pretty brown eyes looking into mine. “I like hanging out with you.” He whispered before his lips came into contact with mine. I let them stay there for a second, but broke away.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered, letting my hair fall into my face. What was I thinking? I should have just let him proceed, but here I was feeling guilty because I wished he were someone else.

“No,” He rubbed his fingers to his lips. “I’m sorry. See you next weekend Riley.”

The moment my front door was shut, it was an involuntary movement. My hand came colliding to my forehead. Sure, Quinn was attractive—if I was my sister. And Quinn was popular—like Jules. So why he fancied me, or even had an interest I grew curious. Or was he just trying to get lucky—no, no. Quinn was different. I’ve known him too long, we’ve had talks at work. Quinn’s the exception to the popularity rule of: constantly being an asshole.

So why did I feel so bad?

I pulled my phone from my pocket and told Quinn to let me know when he got home. He did about five minutes later. Although we went to different high schools, he still didn’t live too far from me. But being in California with tons of people, there has to be plenty of high schools to fit all of the students in acceptable classroom sizes.

“Riles?” Julianne’s annoying voice rang through the empty house as she paraded inside. “I’m home.”

I leaned back against the sofa and shouted, “I’m in the living room.” Rolling my eyes, nonetheless.

Once she emerged into view, I looked away. She jumped over the back of the couch and sat as close as she could to me. “Hey bub.” She whispered, using my very old nickname. One that I didn’t even think she had in her vocabulary let alone that cramped brain of hers.

“Yes?”

“I’m sorry. Can we please stop fighting? I hate seeing you so upset, over me. I didn’t mean what I said at school. I was just—just—“

“Jealous?” I inquired, quick to raise an eyebrow as we made eye contact.

She tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, nodded and swallowed. “Yes!”

“Not thinking?”

“Yes.”

“Being a controlling psycho bitch?”

Her mood transformed within seconds. “Hey, now I wouldn’t go that far.” She laughed. It was a pleasant sound, but it didn’t last long because I could tell she knew that I was thinking about. “You still want to know?” Her voice was so low as she played with a lose thread from the blanket I was using. I was about to protest. As much as I wanted to know her little story, I was content but no she had to go on.

“I guess…”

“Well,” She started. “Mr. Baker—he was doing some activity with Mrs. O’Brien. They were flirting, and I noticed this attraction I had towards him, so we started talking. He got under my skin, and trust me Riles… he’s good. Then he offered me a job at his friends ‘club.’ Said I had the body for this place. And…” She paused.

I took the free opportunity to look over at my sister. She looked like she was on the verge of tears. But I wasn’t going to comfort her just yet. She continued. “Zachary and I—we have a connection Riley. Believe it or not, but he was my first. I never had sex with Luke or whatever. I love him, and deep down I know he loves me.”

Speechless. Dumbfounded. Completely and utterly naïve. All those words describe me. I opened my mouth to talk but she stopped me. “Just so you know, as long as I can help it, he’s not going to get you. You’re too sweet and good for him Ri-bear.”

Damn! Can you just shut the fuck up so I can speak? My hands felt sweaty underneath the blanket. There was literally nothing that I could say. I wanted to say so much, but it wouldn’t have made sense and it probably would have made Julianne more upset with me but if what she’s saying was true, in some sick and demented way it made me like Mr. Baker even more. I wanted him to be my first, and I wanted him to love me. And I wanted him that much more because it could be the strongest thing to hold above my sisters head.

She kissed the top of my head before getting up to her feet. Now things were starting to make sense. She went to work to hook up with my teacher. Julianne was having sex with my damn teacher and my sister and I were both deeply impacted by my fucking teacher and there was only one way to solve this dilemma.

Hello. It’s Monday again. The sun is shining spectacularly in Huntington Beach, and the time is now six fifteen. My outfit is a pair of shorts that barely fit into the school’s dress conduct. My shirt is skin tight, but still looks good and I have slipped on some gladiator sandals. My hair is all riled up in a ponytail, with my make-up having a smoky effect. Needless to say, I’m looking pretty good.

I skip downstairs and make myself some breakfast. I grab a handful of strawberries and a bagel and devour it before brushing my teeth. And on my way to my car, I begin to hum. It’s not anything in particular that I sing along too, but I am just so happy that I could burst out into song. I feel somewhat at ease with my sister (for the time being) and now I am going to make this week at school even more exhilarating.

“Someone’s in a good mood,” Kael says, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

“Yeah well, someone’s just lucky I guess.” I say and begin to saunter off to my locker.

I’m not even a foot away when I hear, “maybe she got laid?”

I snicker before yelling, “I heard that Kael.”

Although my demeanor for today is peppy, I am suddenly clouded with fear. I have decided to tell Emily everything. Through the classes that we have, I’ve been giving her bits and pieces. So far, she seems pretty pissed off that I have hidden so much about Mr. Baker from her but the girl inside of her can only giggle insistently from what I’ve been through because I know she is imagining what she would do if she were in my place.

Fourth period was slightly exciting because Mr. Baker and I exchanged a few flirtatious glances. He had me demonstrate something for the class, in which he said how nice my legs were, yet again. I couldn't help but turn red. I mean, who wouldn't under Mr. Baker's gaze? Plus, he let those rough fingersof his slide upwards ever so slowly that if there wasn't a class full of students, I'd of thrown him to the floor.

By lunch, I tell her about my plans. This however causing her to give me a concerned face but I know she is better at this subject than I am. Emily is the only one that can help me at this point because I sure as hell am not going to my sister.

“You want to seduce Mr. Baker, eh?” Emily asked, picking at her nail polish. “That even legal?”

“Em,” I grumble. She isn’t making me feel any less embarrassed about this.

She stirred in her seat for a moment before looking up at me with a satisfied smile tugging at her lips, “when can we start?”
♠ ♠ ♠
What's going to happen with Quinn?
Is Julie's story true or not? And. . .
What do you think of Riley's plan? xD

Only comments will make me update faster! Muahaha.