Status: Ten Stars; as of March 18th. Thanks so much!

The Photo Effect.

Chipper Thursday.

In one week Julie and I will be eighteen. And in one week, Julianne will be able to cater to her works every need. She still hasn’t told me where this place is. Though, I didn’t expect her to. She’s still mad at me for making a big deal about her switching classes in front of Mr. Baker. I am half tempted to follow her one night, but I know if I do I will not only get it from her that she cannot trust me, but my parents will be forced to take her side. Not something I want to be doing.

On the subject of Mr. Baker however, I am glad to say that I’m doing surprisingly well… at his homework. With him, eh, not so much. See, every time that I walk by he gives me a wink and a smile which makes all the drooling fools glare at me. He also has asked on several occasions for me to be a tutor for his sophomore class. I’m still pondering on that; should I do it and gain another credit for my transcripts? Or because I will be spending time with him?

While I sat cross legged on the sofa, laptop in my lap as I finished an essay I felt the other end move. Glancing up, I saw it was Jules. She looked as if she had just gotten back from cheer practice; her hair was sticking out, she was red in the face and she just looked exhausted. I took this opportunity to be a smart ass.

“What were you doing that’s gotten you beat, huh?” Chuckling, I turned back to my computer as an excuse to look busy.

“Ha-ha,” she hit my arm before getting up. “You know I was at cheer, where else would I be?”

I rose an eyebrow, unsatisfied. I actually wanted her to tremble that she’d been caught in something. Something that I didn’t even know, but I sought pleasure in making her freak out. Twisted? Of course. Could I have lived without doing it? Yes. Did I want to? No. A part of being the younger twin, it was in my job description to harass Julianne any moment I felt like it.

She came back with some tea, and a lemon wedge before taking the same spot; putting her feet up on the couch, her stare intense. I slowed my typing and looked at her with annoyance. “What?” I asked a little too defensively.

“What were you and Mr. Baker talking about today?” Her tone was so dull, it scared me. At least she could have sounded jealous or something so I could work off of it. But she didn’t and I couldn’t tell what she was trying to accomplish.

I had also forgotten about our little chat today. Well, I hadn’t ‘forgotten,’ I just decided to block it from my memory. Thanks to the evil twin, it wouldn’t ever be left alone. Unless… “Why do you want to know?”

She opened her mouth to talk, but shut it within seconds. She didn’t know how to answer my stumping question. “You just seemed weird afterwards, is all.”

“Were you spying or something?” I retorted, harshly.

“Of course not. I was simply walking down the hallway—“

I cut her off, putting my computer on the coffee table. “I didn’t see you!”

She scoffed dramatically. “Since when do we ever actually see each other in school Ri?”

I bowed my head. “I notice you.” I had begun to play with my fingers when I heard her put her cup on the table and her hands attach themselves to mine. I was embarrassed at myself.

“Well, I’m sorry. So what were you talking about?” Her tone was almost demanding.

I blinked a few times, trying to actually make out her tone. “He asked me to be a tutor for his sophomore class, since I am an aide in fourth period anyways.”

She let go of my hands and rested against the arm of the sofa before folding her hands across her chest. Julie didn’t say anything for a few seconds. Her gaze was starting to freak me out so I made the gesture for her to say something. “Are you going to do it?”

“Hadn’t thought much about it, to be honest. Why?” That was a lie. I really wanted to, that way I could be with him more, but I was trying to keep that a secret even to myself.

“Eh, I don’t think you’d be any good.”

I rolled my eyes and gathered my things. If she was purposefully being a bitch, I wasn’t in the mood. “Well, I guess I’m just going to have to prove you wrong then.” I smiled as I walked away, clutching my things closer to my chest as I ran upstairs to change into some lounge wear.

When I pulled into the school’s parking lot that morning, I got my things and instead of heading straight to my locker, I went down the hall to Mr. Baker’s room. I was going to change classes. My sister thought I wouldn’t be good enough, and I just had enough will power left to prove her wrong. My parents probably wouldn’t like me the switching of my schedule too much, but the first time I couldn’t help the fact that Mrs. Carson had to take care of her sick husband. However, this second time was mine, all mine.

“Come in,” his voice was happy.

I composed myself before walking into the separate room. Since he taught in the auditorium, he was able to have his classroom in the back. It was actually pretty nice. So, I inhaled as I walked in. I didn’t know why I was so nervous. I was just coming to tell him that he could change my schedule, well tell my counselor to change it.

“Good morning Riley,” he put his pen down, and sat straight only to lean back when he offered me the chair to the side of his desk. “To what do I owe this pleasure?”

“Hi,” I took the seat, and put my bag by my feet. Normally, I was always looking away from his eyes but not this morning. He looked really hot. He was wearing a dark casual shirt and some jeans. Who said teachers had to always dress professionally? I crossed a leg over the other and smiled. He smiled back, but his was much more excited than mine was. “I—I’ve decided to be your tutor.”

His smile faded. And my heart sank. Did he not want me anymore. Was I not smart enough? He leaned closer to me and grabbed my hands before saying, “oh. Uh… how do I say this.”

“What’s wrong?” I asked panicky. “Did you change your mind? It’s because I failed the test isn’t it?”

“No.” He shook his head enthusiastically. “Actually, you got the highest score. It’s just—your sister—“

My eyes slanted. She wouldn’t stoop this low now, would she? “What about her?”

“Did you tell her about it or something, because she came to me asking if she could be a tutor. Said you didn’t really want to?” His eyes looked right into mine as he let go of my hands and assumed his previous position.

I shook my head, angrily. “It’s a lie!” He gave me a look. “Well, I was skeptical about changing my schedule but that’s it! Damn her.” I said and looked down to the side, trying to avoid Mr. Baker’s stare.

He chuckled. “You do know that I haven’t chosen her yet, right?”

I blushed. Not only was I cursing my sister, but now I was cursing my teacher for getting this kind of reaction out of me. Then I felt the guilt some more. I wasn’t supposed to hate my sister but right about now, she was crossing a dangerous line that she wouldn’t live through to make it to the other side. Nodding, I sighed bashfully. What had I become under Mr. Baker’s presence? After our last encounter in the bathroom, I’ve noticed some changes.

“Sorry,” I said.

“No need.” He waved a hand before resting his elbow on his desk, contrasting his muscles slightly. “Besides, I still stand by what I said during our little moment together. Consider me your new fourth period teacher.”

If it’s possible to be freaked out and completely exuberant, than I was your gal. Running through my mind was the memory of Mr. Baker’s face pressed to mine. I was still able to feel his hot breath air it’s way over my skin. And feel his body heat warm mine, it excited me. But at the same time I was freaked because of our encounter. It was dangerous, edgy and I wanted it all over again.

“Great,” I stood and picked up my messenger bag. “So, do I start today?”

“Tomorrow. It has to be sorted out first, silly.” He stood too, tapped a finer to my nose before walking me towards the door as he remained hot on my heels.

Just before I got to the door, I spun around to face him. This time, he had his entire body flushed against mine. Especially his pelvic area, it dug into mine with enough compel for me to gasp. He rested his forehead on mine, those eyes soon dancing with mine. No matter how much I yelled at myself internally, nothing got me to look away. Then, he pressed his mouth to the corner of mine. Not in a kissing motion, but just laid his lips down. “See you in sixth.”

My ponytail hit the side of my neck as I swiftly turned out of his classroom. My heart’s erratic beating couldn’t be controlled no matter how much I told myself to breathe. My head was filled with his cologne, laundry detergent and another musky, manly smell that was branded as his own. Personally, it was addicting. I couldn’t get enough of it, and I don’t think I could ever get tired of it. Striding off to my locker, I tried to avoid people’s gazes. I felt that my eyes would reveal my secrets so I kept my head lowered and my smiling at a minimum. Sixth period definitely wasn’t going to come soon enough.

“Someone seems exceptionally chipper,” Emily commented while we sat at the lunch table. Kael had missed school because he felt sick, and I felt bad because I should have been taking the advantage to getting to spend time with my best friend but I couldn’t get the reminiscence of this morning out of my mind.

“Yeah,” I exhale noisily. “Just been a pretty great Thursday is all. We still hanging out tomorrow after school?”

She finished chewing her apple. “Hell yes. I’ve got our movies and I’m going to buy food after school with my mom. Horror night, right?”

I nodded excitedly. It’s been a while since Em and I have been able to actually see one another. I’m not complaining, since my senior year hasn’t been as uneventful as I’d thought it’d be. It’s surprisingly started off to be one of my favorite years. Since Em’s mom works a graveyard shift, we’d be doing it over at her house. That way, I wouldn’t be home over the weekend and have to worry about what my sister’s been up to. Not like I have been lately anyways, but still. Plus, if she gets caught, I want no part of it.

“Hey Em,” I said nervously, after my happiness faded.

“Hmm?” She asked, taking a sip of her Sprite.

I wanted to tell her about me being Mr. Baker’s new tutor but at the same time I was afraid. Even if she was my best friend, there was just this invisible tug telling me that right now was not the right time. So I stuck with my gut instinct. “Make sure to include Beauty and the Beast, so I can fall asleep.”

She laughed, as we got up. I had gotten through that stage of having to watch a happy movie after all the scary ones to fall asleep, but I never told her that dark secret. Probably won’t any time soon either.

Emily was waiting by my locker so we could walk to sixth period together like we usually do. I saw her eyes scan me over, going up and down my body. When I got to her side, I smacked her.

“Those jeans make you look fine girl. Are the new?”

I turned to face her after shutting my locker. “Oh stop. And no, I’ve had these since last year.” I waved my hand girlishly, then glanced down at my legs.

A minute later, we were walking into class, me going before Emily who thought it would be hilarious to slap my behind and howl. “Em!” I shouted, rather loudly causing unwanted stares.

She threw her head back and laughed. The first thing I did was push her, as my blush increased. Mr. Baker was writing down the beginning activity, but looked up to see who was causing the ruckus. All too soon he looked down with a smirk. There was just something about how he did that, that made my insides melt and just die. I hadn’t noticed how messy his hair was today either, until now.

After the activity, he came and collected our packets, ever so casually dropping a small note to my side. I knew that when he walked away it was with a grin. He thought he was being so sneaky, but I had to lie to Emily and say that it was a piece of paper I had probably stuck in between the packet or something. She bought it, luckily.

“Is it me,” Emily started to whisper, “or does Mr. Baker look exceptionally hot today?” She did a girly giggle.

I couldn’t help but join her and look at him. Boy when she was right, she was right. I must have been too awestruck this morning to notice just how handsome he really was. Even though he was a little more tattooed up than most, it didn’t bother me any. Honestly, I saw right through the body art and right into those soul suckers of his. Those penetrating green eyes of his. The way they were almost a lighter green in the middle and a darker green on the outside.

Class was sadly pretty entertaining. Mr. Baker was pretty involved with his students, but today he was extra enthusiastic. He must be happy about something. Although, I know it wasn’t I causing him to be happy. It was more than likely one of those tramps in front giving him a pre-sixth period blow job. I chuckled lowly to myself. Then, it was all over. The bell rang, signaling the return to home. But, not I.

When all the students were gone, including a curious Emily, I walked over to Mr. Baker, hands deep in my pockets. “You wanted me to stay?” I said casually.

“Yes, I wanted to talk to you. Unless you’ve got after school plans?” He asked, picking up the manila folders from the center table that he used.

I shook my head. “Nope. Talk away.”

“Let’s go back to my room.” He titled his head for me to go first, so with my nerves getting jittery, I did as told. He set the folders down and took his usual seat. I sat in the chair I had earlier. “So I talked to your counselor.”

“And?” I answered, licking my lips out of habit.

He grinned. “You’re officially my new tutor, and it’s going to be counted as your occupational credit.”

I was flabbergasted. That was a credit I had been worrying about, and now that he had accomplished it for me—I was set. Hugging him was definitely out of the question, so I just slapped my hands to my thighs and laughed in shock. I was just that much more pleased with Mr. Baker.

“Thank-you,” I said, sitting up in my seat. “I can’t thank you enough for the occupational credit.”

He shrugged. “But I do have to get something from you.”

“Anything,” I said a little too hastily. “Erm, what’s that?” I reddened.

“I need you to sign a paper for the switch,” he handed it to me with a pen and I felt like I was signing my heart away, but I was so absorbed in what I was doing I almost missed the last part. “And a personal phone number.”

Confused, I looked up at him, my bangs falling into my face. “Not to sound rude, but might I ask why?” Mr. Baker may be hot, and he may have practically molested me but why he needed a personal number was weird.

“Well,” he scratched the back of his neck. “There is definitely a catch to being a tutor of mine. You have to know the material, which means I have to teach it to you.”

“Go on,” I rose an eyebrow.

He paused, before smiling. “We have to go over the course work before each period.” I moved my head for him keep going because I still wasn’t comprehending what he was saying. “Over the weekend I’d like to meet up here to go over the weeks lessons.”

“Oh,” was all I said after a moment.

He laughed and began working on grading some papers, totally engrossed; he yelled over to me just as I was about to leave. "Oh, wear something I'd like tomorrow."
♠ ♠ ♠
Long chapter for you. Let me know what you're thinking.
Thanks to all the lovely comments, and number of subscribers! :) You all rock!