Status: Just started.

The Capitol

Cammie

After I absorbed the information about my heritage, I dozed for most of the trip. We found out we were in some tiny town called Semoru. We bought a map and Kenz said it was about a 2 day trip to the camp. The camp was on the coast of Mississippi, I guess. The entire ride was never boring, well it wasn't exactly exciting, like the last two days have been, but it wasn't boring. We talked, played truth or dare, blasted music, stuff like that. And let me tell you, those kids of Apollo, since he was also the god of music, are good flippin' singers.
Now, we were driving down a dirt road, listening to Dirt Road Anthem by Jason Aldean. Ha ha, get it. Anyway, Mackenzie was behind the steering wheel again, and abruptly she pulled over and was heading straight into trees.
"Mackenzie!" I yelled, but when we got to the trees, we went straight through them. Amazed, I looked out my window, watching us just speed through trees and bushes. Then, we exited the woods and entered a plain. First was a giant cabin thing, behind it was a million other cabins, not as big, and in kind of a jumbled neat mess. Everyone was excited, I could feel it in the air. The other van was trailing us closely. Mackenzie, just kept getting faster and faster, and didn't stop until we were in front of the biggest cabin. All at once, everyone piled out, I went out last. Nobody was waiting for me, except Derrick and Zach, but we weren't that close. And people have a tendency to like, not care about me.
It was the middle of the night, and everybody was asleep. Well almost everybody, suddenly, a gong went off. Orders went off and before you can say, 'It's us' they surrounded us. Then they seemed to relize who we are, hugs were exchanged, along with kisses. I saw Mackenzie run up and hug a guy then started making out with him. People ohhed and whistled, I just laughed. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Derrick and Zach through the crowd.
I turned to them and waved slightly, much to my surprise, Derrick hugged me. I had to admit it was nice to see them too, sure, I guess I counted them as friends, or at lest acquaintances.
Zach high-fived me, and half-hugged me.
"How did you get out?" Derrick asked.
"It's a long story." I said.
Then, a centaur, yep a half horse/ half man, I guess he ran the camp. Huh, bizarre right. Anyway, he, while smiling, bellowed so people could hear him, "Everybody meet at the lunch tables, we will have them explain everything there."
Before Derrick and Zach could show me the way, Mackenzie grabbed my arm and dragged me to the centaur.
"Cammie-Chiron, Chiron-Cammie. Cammie's a daughter of Ares. She also was the one who saved us." I saw he looked farmiliar. At least, the top half of him did. Up close I noticed he was the same man that was at the motel that came right before the creepy guy took me.
Chiron looked at me with interest. "Oh really, nice to meet you Cammie." He extended his hand to me.
Shaking it, I said, "Pleasure is all mine." I decided this is one of those times to be polite.
"Perhaps when we all get to the pavilion, you can explain exactly how you did that." Chiron suggested.
"Sure," I agreed. "Want to help me, Kenzie?"
"Yeah, no problem."
With that we ran, and galloped, to catch up with the rest of the campers. Everybody sat at the tables while Mackenzie and I told the story. There was a lot of crying over lost friends and siblings. Once I was done Mackenzie added, "Ryan tried to grab the keys once before, but he got caught and..." She trailed off. She meant that he got caught and they absorbed his powers and murdered him. That made my blood run cold. I heard a sob cry out and murmurs of comfort following.
"Well, it certaintly is good to have you back, thank you Cammie. Now, time for bed, we will figure out how to get the rest of them back tomorrow." Chiron announced.
Mackenzie showed me the Ares cabin and gave me a free bunk. It was nice to have a bed again finally, but I couldn't fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment are aprecciated!