Untitled For Now

Chapter 1

Small as the school was, the thought of approximately 1,200 unknown teenagers inside made my stomach twist into thousands of knots. Mikey nudged me in the back of the head and said “Hey man, come on. Mom said we need to stop by the front office first to get lockers or some shit and I don’t want to be late.” He started walking and hooking his finger on the strap of my book bag, I let myself be dragged toward the entrance of Westerhill High. All the happiness I had felt about moving back in May had disappeared when we finally arrived at the small one story house a block away from the school in late July. I didn’t know anyone, I was in an unfamiliar location and I was scared.
I gulped as I opened the clear glass door and shoved Mikey through it first where he stumbled, fell on his ass, and everything in his open backpack flew everywhere, including towards me. I took a pencil to my right cheek and a calculator to my shin as I tried to jump away from the chaos.
“What on earth is going on here?!”
I snapped my head around, feeling like a deer caught in headlights.
“I… Umm... Sorry,” I scratched my head nervously, looking for the right words to say as Mikey scrambled around me picking up his belongings and shoving them into his backpack before standing up next to me.
“I fell on my way in and dropped my things.” He stared at my coldly.
“Uh yeah. This is our first day actually… Where’s the main office?”
The grey-haired woman looked me up and down before pointing a long boney finger to a door slightly to Mikey’s right. “Right over there.”
“Oh um thanks.” I grabbed Mikey’s arm and pulled him to the door as the old lady mumbled something under her breath as stormed away.
~*~
I stood in front of my first period classroom, willing myself to go in but my arms wouldn’t move.
It’s senior year, the social classes and friends were established a long time ago, back in Middle School. I would be alone.
Just go in you idiot. You’ll make an even bigger scene the longer you wait.
“Fuck it…” I sighed and pushed open the door a little harder than I thought did and tripped stupidly into a classroom full of curious eyes all fixed to me. A few sniggers erupted from the back of the room.
“Ah you must be Way, Gerard, correct?” the teacher, a young, handsome man no more than 28 asked while giving a disapproving look towards the students who were laughing.
“Ye-yes sir.”
“Well you can go take a seat next to… Mr. Urie!” He inclined his head forward at a boy on the far left wall who was now removing his books from the empty desk, face expressionless.
I studied him as I walked down the aisles. Thick, chocolate colored hair, full pink lips, and huge doe eyes. He looked nice enough but I’d grown to always expect the worst.
I took my seat, neither one of us talking, the teacher, who stated him name to me Mr. Pratt, got up and began talking about schedule changes. I pulled out my sketch book and began to doodle absentmindedly.
The day went a little slow, surprisingly uneventful. I had been laughed at a small total of twelve times by lunch.
Instead of going to the cafeteria, I sat in the courtyard, on a low stone wall, far away from anyone else. There were only a few other students outside but I expected more soon. It was actually really nice sitting in the warm air.
My prediction came true less than a minute later. A group of guys had just walked onto the green in a chorus of laughter and voices. In the front, leading, was a boy with spiked up black hair and was shorter than all the others. The hint of a tattoo peaked above the collar of his uniform. He laughed-no, giggled- at something someone said. It was one of the cutest things I’d ever heard
Wait what? Shut the fuck up Gerard, you shouldn’t be thinking about guys. You’re NOT gay.
I pushed the boy from my mind and again got out my sketch pad and began to draw with Iron Maiden pulsing through my earphones.
~*~
Finally, last period. Gym. I was a little sad I didn’t have any classes with Mikey, though it was kind of expected, I had hoped. The day had passed without too much humiliation, besides the apple thrown at my head in 4th period and the “emo” jokes in 5th.
I’d never been athletic, in fact, I hated sports. But being school, gym would probably be a blow off class anyway.
There were about ten people inside by the time arrived, mostly younger boys and few girls. More trickled out of the changing room as I made my way toward the boys locker room.
The smell hit me before I’d even had a chance to step one foot inside the door. Sweat, piss, shit, mold, everything. “Damn! I hissed and reeled away. Why are some boys just disgusting? I sucked in a breath and with my palm to my nose, I entered cautiously.
No one paid much attention to me as I changed into some basketball shorts. It wasn’t until I was about to leave when something bounced hard against the back of my head. Fuck really? I thought I had left those asshole in 4th period.
“Oh I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to hit you so hard. I hope you won’t go home a slit your wrists.” The boy, Brent, smirked.
“Go fuck a goat.” I flipped him off, picked up a tennis ball from the floor guessing that’s what hit me, and again turned to leave.
“Clever Way, I expected a ‘fuck you’ or some other cocksucker reference. You like that shit don’t you?”
My fist connected to his jaw only a mere second after the words left his lips. At first I stood there in shock at what I’d done. I just fucking punched someone! What is the world coming to?
“What the fuck?!” Brent rushed me but then someone stepped into between us and pushed Brent in the chest, hard, sending him to the ground panting in anger while saying “leave him alone. One more fight and you get suspended.”
It was the small tattooed boy from lunch. I wasn’t sure whether to thank him or smack the runt for stopping something that could have gotten Brent detention. I was fuming.
A crowd had gathered around, huddled against Brent who anyone could tell was easily acting like he was in more pain than he really was. Though the spot where I had punched him was starting to turn a nasty purple color.
I ran out of the locker room and into the gym. Brent wouldn’t be stupid enough to pick a fight in the middle of class I hoped.
A whistle blew and class began.
Brent was sent to the nurses office for the remainder of the day which was awesome for me. No death glares until tomorrow.
“Everyone over here!” The coach, a woman of maybe 40, stood in the middle of the floor with a basketball tucked underneath her arm.
“Great, basketball.” I muttered under my breath, shoulders slouched, I slowly started walking to the coach when I heard my name in a whispered conversation behind me. I stopped and turned around.
“Shit!” I cried when something the size of a fourteen year old boy ran into me.
“God dammit what the fuck.”
Figures I’d run into the same boy over and over again. With him so near, I could easily tell he was a good three to four inches shorter than me, maybe even five, and the tattoo on his neck was a black scorpion. Fuck that’s hot.
He stared daggers at me as he shoved around me. I didn’t dare turn around.
Wonderful way to end the first day of senior year huh Gerard?
♠ ♠ ♠
khjasjdf okay whatever.
It's aight I guess.