Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

XI

I sighed rubbing my eyes; tiredness was slowly washing over me. I curled myself more into Jack wanting to fall asleep right there.

“Can’t fall asleep yet Em,” He told me quietly. “I’ll be back in a minute, alright?” I just nodded pulling away so he could stand up. I watched him go into the kitchen then turned my attention back to the TV. Out of the corner of my eye I saw blonde head of hair enter the room and sit in the recliner.

I could see Val sitting there staring at me. Amy must’ve been in the kitchen or somewhere else.

“Can I help you?” I asked finally looking at him.

“Why . . . why are you and Amy like this?” He asked me sounding confused. I just chuckled shaking my head.

“How long have you two been together?”

“Uh since early oh eight I believe, but we were good friends beforehand.” Val answered. I shook my head amazed, more and more I’m reminded how much my twin and I were alike. “Why do you have that look?”

“That’s the same time Jack and I got together, and we were friends beforehand too . . .”

“Well that is a little weird,” Val mumbled scratching the top of his head.

“But you’ve been with her so long you know all her little traits?” He nodded, his eyebrows pulled down. “Stubborn, doesn’t like admitting they’re wrong first, basically any of her character flaws, are mine too . . .”

“Ah I see . . .” I just gave him a small smile. “I still don’t really understand but okay.”

“Emmers we’ve gotta get going,” I looked over to see Jack smiling at me. I stood up and Val stood following us out.

“You need to call and visit more okay?” I laughed giving my mom a hug, holding back the tears. I knew she was already crying.

“We’ll be back over the All Star Game break most likely.” Jack told her as he gave her a hug.

“Good and I want to meet your parents. I’m guess your father already did?” I just gave my mom a small nod as I hugged Aunt Nancy goodbye.

“Call me tomorrow alright?”

“Okay mom,” Jack grabbed my hand as we stepped outside. I turned and looked over at Amy and gave her small nod before turning back around.

-

I groaned as my alarm went off, I knew Jack was already off at morning practice. They had a flight early tomorrow morning to head off to Phoenix for their game. Then he’d come back home until the All Star Game weekend. I pulled myself out of bed not really wanting to do anything. I looked at my phone to see he had sent me a text telling me good morning.

I sighed grabbing my sketch book knowing I had to get on these designs if I wanted them to be made and out by the spring season. Setting the book and pencils down on the kitchen table I grabbed my Hockey Girl coffee mug thankful Jack made a pot this morning. Now with my cup I sat down taking a sip and opened up the book.

I jumped when I felt hands on my shoulders. I must’ve gotten lost in my drawings to not hear Jack come into the apartment. I looked up to see Jack smiling down at me.

“Hey how was practice?”

“Good, a few of the guys want to go out to lunch.” I just gave him a nod and went back to my drawings. “Babe, I mean with our girls there too . . .”

“Okay, I’ll go get ready.” I told him standing up and made my way to the bathroom.

“Are you okay?” I just shrugged as I pealed my clothes off and got into the shower. Not really caring the door was open and Jack was standing in the door way. “Seriously you’ve been in a funk for the past few days.”

“Just . . . not feeling good okay?” I told him as I washed the shampoo out. I heard him sigh, I could see him sit on the tub edge. The shower was just glass so he could see in.

“Are sure that’s it Emily?” Jack asked not sounding convinced. I just groaned opening the shower door and wrapped my towel around me. “If you aren’t feeling well then we don’t have to go.”

“I’m just . . . I don’t know Jack, I’m all fucked in the head right now.” Jack just pulled me onto his lap and kissed the side of my head.

“Maybe hanging out with the guys will do you some good?” I just nodded giving him a quick kiss. “I love you, your weird funks in all.” I smiled and rested my head on shoulder. “You know, we don’t have to be at the restaurant for another hour . . .”

“Jack I just showered!” I laughed as he held me bridal style in his arms and carried me to our bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy St. Patty's Day