Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

I

I hummed along with the song flowing from The Kings Pandora station as I brushed the purple nail polish on my right fingers. Glancing over my shoulder I let out a small laugh as my boyfriend walked out of the bathroom trying to keep his towel around his waist as our new puppy pulled on it. I shook my head and went back to working on my nails for tonight’s game.

“You aren’t wearing any red right?” Jack hollered from the bedroom. I capped the nail polish and walked to our room blowing on my nails. Our puppy running towards me with Jack’s towel in his mouth.

“Of course I’m not, it’s all purple and black.” I told him as I sat on our bed with a smile. “When do you play the Wings again?”

Jack poked his head out of the closet with his collared shirt in hand. “The thirteenth I think? Yeah we’ll be playing in Detroit.” I nodded watching him as he pulled on his slacks and finished getting dressed. “Did I see you drinking a beer earlier?”

“Yes because if I sit by one more puck bunny that’s going on and on about Drew or Anze I’m going to lose what little is left of my mind.” I told him honestly as I pulled myself off the bed. “Besides it was one beer, that does nothing. Any ways Mr. Johnson,” I straightened his collar as he looked down at me with a smile.

“We better get going, I don’t want coach getting after me.” Jack mumbled as I pulled him down to my level placing a kiss on his full lips. “Really babe, we got to go . . .”

“Fine, we’ll finish this tonight.” I told him picking up my bag and the car keys.

“Where’s your jersey?” Jack asked as we walked towards the car. “Not supporting me tonight?”

“Funny babe, it’s in my bag.” I told him as we got into the car. I always drove him to the home games unless I was completely unable to and Jack deemed I wasn’t well enough to go. “We’ve got no fear, no doubt, all in balls out.”

Jack leaned his head back laughing. He always did this when this song played, I couldn’t help but sing the song. “Come on Jack sing the song with me,”

“No,” Jack laughed shaking his head. “You can get Drew to sing it with you.”

I smirked knowing Drew and I get on people’s nerves when we get together and sing. Our birthdays are only a couple weeks apart from each other. “You better watch it mister or I’ll get the kiss cam on you guys again.”

“That was just mean,” Jack shook his head as we pulled in under the Staples Center for jack to get to the locker room. “I’ll see you after you park,” I leaned over giving him a kiss then watched as he walked down the hall to the locker room. Taking the familiar route to the VIP parking garage and smiled at the regular attendant before parking.

Placing the keys in my bag I walked back down under the Staples Center going the familiar path I did for every home game. I would often stop by the locker room and give each of the guys a hug before taking my seat next to the Kings bench. I made my way towards the Kings locker room knowing that coach hadn’t started talking with the guys yet so I could slip in.

“Hey!” Stopping I turned around to see a guy in a suit jogging towards me. He had to be at least six foot, blonde hair, blue eyes. “The locker rooms this way,”

“Uh who are you?” I asked confused as I placed my sunglasses on the top of my head.

“Very funny,” I noted he had an accent. He must play for Detroit. “Did Hank or Justin put you up to this? And where did you get that outfit, why are you wearing purple?”

“Who?” I was beyond confused. “Look dude, I don’t know who you are but I’m not who you think I am.” He just stood there looking at me perplexed. “Any way I uh, gotta go . . .” I slowly backed away before turning around and quickly made my way to the locker room. That guy must’ve taken one too many hits into the board.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let us know what you guys think of the story. We're very excited to write this.

Thank you to all readers and subscribers.

Now I'm going to finish watching the Kings take on the Canucks.