Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

III

I stood back in the same hall waiting for the guys to exit the rink and go back into the locker room. I knew Anze and Justin were going to be stars tonight, along with the Wings player who scored the first goal. I gave high fives to each of the guys who walked by and then smiled as Jack walked over to me. I leaned up giving him a kiss as he kept balanced on the skates. I shooed him off into the locker room to change, a pat on his butt as he walked away. He almost had a goal tonight if Osgood hadn’t of stopped it but I knew Jack got him good square in the chest.

“Nice job Kopi!” I congratulated as he walked back to the locker room. I hugged him and Justin as they went back to where you could hear the guys singing along with post game celebration song.

“Everybody hand’s go up,” I let out a snicker as the locker room got completely quietly then the guys started talking and singing again. I let out a squeak of surprise as I was lifted up and twirled. As I was set down I turned seeing Bailey standing there.

“Nice game huh Bailey?” He nodded giving me a high five then a hug. I felt hands rest on my waist and knew it was Jack. Looking up I saw him smiling down at me then he let out a laugh. I looked over to see Bailey covering his eyes before he turned away then ran away. “Have I mentioned how much I love him?”

“Hopefully not as much as me,” Rolling my eyes I turned around to face Jack and gave him smirk. “So, we going home now?”

“Yes, we’ve got some celebrating to do.” Jack gave me a smirk then practically dragged me back to our car. When we finally got back to our apartment I laughed as he threw me over his shoulder and carried us to the bedroom where he tossed me on the bed.

“You are the best prize,” Jack mumbled as I pulled him down on top of me.

-

I groaned as I felt the bed shift and the warmth that was beside me leave. Cracking open my eyes I saw that it was barely past eight in the morning. Letting a few curses slip from my mouth I pulled the pillow over my head in attempt to fall back asleep. A few minutes later I felt Jack slip back into the bed and pull me into him. Turning I buried my face into his side.

“Why are you up so early?” I asked stifling a yawn.

“Chester had to go out and I had to go to the bathroom,” Resting my chin on his chest I looked up into his blue eyes and smiled. “I have a question,” Jack stated as he pushed some of my hair behind my ear.

“Okay,”

“Were you sitting over by the Wings bench last night?” I propped myself up and looked at him confused.

“No, you know I always sit next to your bench. Ask Berny, he saw me sitting there the whole time.” Jack just looked at me confused. “What is this about?”

“When I was skating around before the face off, I saw this girl sitting by the Wings bench and I swore it was you.” I cocked an eyebrow at him. “It’s what I saw, but she was in Wings stuff.”

“Well then there’s your answer. You know all my Wings stuff is at my dad’s house.” I sat up letting the blankets pool around my waist as I stretched my arms up above my head. Jack wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me back against him.

“I’m gonna miss you when we got on our mini road trip.” Jack said as he trailed kisses from my shoulder and up my neck. I tilted my head as he focused on my neck.

“I’ll be at the Detroit game babe, I’m flying in that morning . . .” Jack just grunted in response. “Though last night, I think a wings player approached me, he thought I was his girlfriend or something.” I felt Jack pull away and tense up. Looking over my shoulder I saw that he was just staring at me.

“Who was it?”

“I don’t know some blonde dude with an accent. He thought some guy name Hank and Justin were pranking him . . .”

“Zetterberg and Abdelkader.” Jack told me, I just shrugged. “I was college rivals with Justin, and well, you know Zetterberg babe,” I nodded knowing he was right about that. “It’s odd but, maybe one of the guy’s girlfriends looks a little like you and he just got confused.”

“Yeah . . .” I mumbled knowing that was farfetched. “Well I think I’m going to make some breakfast.” I told Jack. He just flashed a smile before slipping back out of bed.

“I’m going to grab a quick shower; we have lunch with your dad today.” As I watched Jack leave the room, I bit my lip admiring his body he worked hard at keeping in shape. Shaking the thoughts away I grabbed my robe and slipped it on. Letting out a sigh, I couldn’t help but feel something was going to happen soon. I just hoped it wouldn’t involve Jack getting injured.