Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

LVII

I had my feet resting on Jack’s legs as everyone sat around talking and joking with each other. Junior was lying on my chest, asleep, with a light blanket covering him.

“So when are you guys going back to L.A.?” Jimmy asked us making everyone go quiet.

“In a few days,” Jack answered.

“I want you guys to stay.” Amy whined.

“You just want to be able to see Junior every day.” I told her with a cheeky grin.

“Well duh.” Everyone just chuckled while Junior shifted in his sleep.

“Jack can just come play for the Wings. We know Babs wouldn’t mind.” Lids said with a smile.

“Darn that pesky seven year contract.” I teased while I rubbed Junior’s back. I felt Junior curl his hands and take a deep breath. Knowing that usually meant he was about to cry, I quickly checked his diaper and grimaced. “Oh Uncle Val,” I sung out.

“Oh no,” He told me a shaking his head. “I saw the face you made.”

“Come on, it’s practice!”

“You’re pregnant?” A good handful of the team asked Amy.

“God no!” She answered wide eyed instantly making me laugh and the guys follow suit. Jack just shook his head as he stood up and picked up Junior.

“So Jack, when will you be a Wing?” Val hollered out as Jack walked into the house. Popping his head back out, Jack grinned.

“When am I getting a niece or nephew?” I snickered as he went back in, ignoring the glare Amy shot me.

-

After I laid Junior down in the small pack and play Amy and Val had set up, I walked back outside and sat down. Everyone was joking about how Amy and I had reacted to the Shark’s players.

“I swear if you guys were hockey players, you’d get suspended so fast.” Hank joked making the entire group chuckle.

“Em actually did, we were what . . . fifteen?” Amy asked me. I bit my lip thinking back then nodded.

“Yeah that was the school year I had to come live back here because dad had work in some Asian country.”

“You guys played hockey?” Todd asked with his eyebrows lifted.

“You should see the videos.” Jack said looking over at Amy and me. “How many penalty minutes did you rack up that year?”

“A fair amount,” I brushed off.

“More than you did your freshman year at Michigan.” Amy told him with a smirk.

“Okay, I have to hear this story.” Jimmy grinned, leaning forward in his seat. I looked over at Amy, motioning for her to tell it.

“Fine I’ll tell it.” She muttered. “I played goalie, Emily was a two way forward—”

“You played goalie?” Jimmy asked with his jaw slacked.

“Yes I did and I was damn good.” Amy answered proudly. “But anyways, Emily tended to stay in front of me when they were in our zone,”

“They hated me, I was like the female version of Holmstrom.” I said making Tomas smirk while giving me a nod.

“Yeah they did. This was towards our championship period right?” I just nodded. “We were playing our rival school and this one bitch kept knocking my stick our interfering with me and no calls were being made all game against her. So in the last five minutes while they were on a power play she wacked me with her stick and did it in front of Emily—”

“Oh God,” All the guys muttered.

“That’s what mom said,” I told them, remembering how she just shook her head.

“Yeah well anyways, Em saw this, forgot the game, dropped her stick and grabbed the back of the girl’s jersey and just yanked her back making her fly on to the ground. Of course the whistle got blown and she got up and I saw Em drop her gloves and threw her helmet off. Then she just started taunting the girl.”

“What’d you say to her?” Justin asked.

I dropped my gloves and tossed my helmet to the side, glaring at the girl.

“Come on, if you think you’re tough shit messing with our goalie, who’s my sister by the way, then you can drop your gloves!”

“Ladies, no fighting!” One of the refs said coming up to me, grabbing the sleeve of my jersey. I threw his arm back and glared at him.

“If you’d making fucking calls then I wouldn’t have to!” I hissed at him. “Come on bitch, drop your gloves, take off your helmet and man up!” She just glared but then finally dropped her gloves and tossed her helmet. I smirked and raised my fist, I could practically smell the fear on her. Before anyone could register what was happening, I grabbed her jersey and threw the first punch.


“She got suspended for six games; the association didn’t know how to handle the situation.” Amy said while the guys just sat there with their jaws dropped.

“Wait that was you two? I remember reading about that in the paper. I said to Stevie that year we needed you two on the team.” Lids told us earning a laugh from both Amy and I.

“Why didn’t you two go into college hockey?” Darren asked.

“Fucked up my knee,”

“They don’t let girls do all the shit guys do.” I muttered cross my arms over my chest. “Apparently we’re too delicate.”

“Really? I think you two could scare some of the biggest enforcers.” Homer said with a smirk.

“Remind me to tell you the time we started a huge brawl like the ninety seven fight.” Amy smiled looking over at me.

“I’m surprised we weren’t completely taken off the team.” I told them. “Bet they were happy when I didn’t return the next season.”

“They only won championship when we played that year.”

“Well . . . I guess we’re better then the Sedin twins.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hockey story not far fetched. I always played street hockey and there's a pic of Amy in goalie gear >.<

Hockey Fest was yesterday, only person that wasn't there was Doughty...but I got to meet Mike Richards and a few others. Also got to go into the Kings locker room, which smelled like boys. Lets not forget the Kids Q&A...A little kid said to Kyle Clifford "My mom wants to know if you're single" .... anywho

feed back guys? Si? Niet? ....?