Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

XLVII

I let out a deep sigh as the Kings game ended in Toronto. I looked at my five month old son who was sitting on my stomach, his back propped against the couch, cooing and reaching for the TV as Jack appeared.

“I know buddy, daddy will be home in the morning.” Junior only response was blowing raspberries and smiling. A few minutes later, my cell started to go off. “A text . . . alright,” I mumbled because he usually called. “Guess they’re getting right on a plane and he’ll see us in the morning.” Junior looked at me and smiled. “My little hockey player, let’s get you to bed.”

***

Feeling the bed shift, I rolled over and let out scream.

“You ass!” I yelled as Amy laid there laughing. Grabbing a pillow I hit her with it making her stop. “What are you doing here?”

“Your baby daddy thought the family should be out here for Christmas since you guys were out there last year.”

“Really?”

“Yep, so where’s my nephew?” I rolled my eyes and pointed out the door to the hallway. “Great!” Letting out a laugh as she darted out of the room, I pulled myself out of bed and made my way down stairs. I smiled when I saw Jack sitting at the kitchen island with Junior on his lap. “The baby is not in his crib, call—aww,” Jack looked over at us and rolled his eyes.

“Told you not to wake her up.”

“Since when have I listened to you?” Amy asked sarcastically as she made her way around my kitchen to get coffee. I went over to Jack giving him a kiss. “Ew,”

“Missed you,” I told him, ignoring Amy.

“I’ll repeat, ew. Come on Junior, before they make another one of you.” Amy took Junior from Jack and disappeared into the living room.

“So, what’s with having everyone here for the holiday? I assume that means mom and your family too?” I asked as I situated myself on his lap.

“Yes, they all wanted to be here for his first Christmas. Val and Amy will leave around seven to get over to Nashville for his game.”

“Thank you,” I mumbled giving him another kiss.

“Anything for you.”

“Why do I get the feeling you’re planning something?”

“Hey Jackie!” Was yelled as the front door open.

“In the kitchen Mike!” I glared at Jack then over at Mike. I stood up and watched as the two started to head out.

“John Joseph Louis Johnson, you tell me what you’re planning.”

“Well Junior, that’s going to be you if you piss off mommy.” Amy added in as she walked over to Mike who wanted to take him. “No, you get to see him more.”

“Rather Sid see him more than his Uncle Mike?”

“I’m watching you Johnson,” I told him as I kept my eyes on Jack as he only gave me a smirk. The guys just laughed as they disappeared down the hall. “What’s he planning?”

“No idea, but Mike brings up a point.” I looked over at Amy confused as she shuffled Junior in her arms. “I’m glad Mike’s around Junior more than Crosby.” I rolled my eyes as she let out a laugh. “Isn’t that right? Play like Mike if you become a forward or your uncle Val. But no Crosby,”

“God father,” I reminded her with a playful smirk.

“Hate you.”