Status: Fini.<3

Green and Gray

Something Went Horribly Askew

Image

We took off to the arena the next afternoon once we had eaten at the hotel brunch buffet. I had woken up pretty late thanks to how little of sleep I had gotten during the night. My mind was in overdrive as I went back and forth between Landon and John.

It didn't help when some time in the early morning, John rolled over and cuddled into my back and draped his arm across my abdomen. Finally, I rolled over to face him and snuggled into his chest, underneath his chin. I felt guilty and knew it was wrong, but I could just blame it on being asleep. Our legs tangled and he sighed contently then quietly mumbled my name. He was making it all so much harder.

I woke up alone, though, which I guessed was a good thing. If we woke up at the same time, wrapped in each other's arms I knew it would be completely awkward. The loud chatter between the bandmates were what really jolted me awake.

“Come on, let's go down to the buffet!” I heard Garrett exclaim. When did he get into our room?

“Dude,” Pat said this time, “why are you so excited about the buffet?” My eyes were still closed, so I couldn't see what they were doing, but I could hear typing.

“I just really love every restaurant where you get a tray; it's like eating at a really good high school cafeteria.” My brow furrowed at his confession, “Why do you think I go to Sizzler so often?”

I couldn't help it, I laughed, “What a great conversation to wake up to.” I said as I opened my eyes and sat up in bed.

“Good morning, Sunshine!” Jared said, brightly from the bed across from the one I was on.

“We're leaving in twenty minutes. John's still in the bathroom.” Pat informed me and I groaned; my bladder was at full capacity. Good thing I took a shower the previous night, though.
Image

There was so much equipment spread out in the backstage area that I thought I was going to get lost in the maze of road cases. I wasn't aware that so many different bands were playing. There were people running around frantically and a long line of kids waiting in the cold. I knew I would just get in the way, so I decided on staying in the dressing room the band shared with Halvo's band A Rocket to the Moon.

Everyone seemed to be getting along, but that was a given since they all knew each other. I, on the other hand, was sitting on the couch in the corner by myself with my right leg draped over my left. Almost immediately when we got settled into the room, they all cracked open a beer. I was offered one, but declined.

I was checking my phone for messages from Landon when Halvo came over, “Hey, this is my new bee-eff-eff.” He said as he sat down – a little too close for my liking – next to me, beer in hand, and draped his arm across my shoulders.

“Halvo, she seems pretty scared, are you sure you know this girl?” One of his band mates, I presumed, with short sandy colored hair and blue eyes said.

“Oh, yeah! Sparrow and I go way back!”

My brow creased in confusion, “Halvo, I met you on Wednesday.”

His smile dropped and his bandmate laughed loudly. With a serious expression, Halvo looked at me, “I thought we had something, Sparrow. I can't believe you'd just throw it away like that.”

“Halvo, leave the poor girl alone.” I turned to look at the nameless man.

“Hey, I'll leave her alone only if she says to!”

“Leave me alone.” My command caused the nameless man to laugh loudly again.

He gaped at me then pulled his body away from mine, “Fine.” He then got up and stalked off, out of the room.

“Is he always like that?” I asked no-name.

“Most of the time.” He smiled through a laugh, “I'm Justin.” He extended his hand to me.

I grasped it and we shook, “Sparrow.”

“I've heard much about you.” My brow furrowed, but before I could ask what he meant, someone wa calling him off. “It was nice meeting you.” He said with a dazzling smile.

“You, too.” I replied as he walked away. Then there was one.

Some time later, after some conversations with a couple of different people, John sat down next to me, clearly a bit buzzed.

“Hey, Sparrow!” He exclaimed then pulled the top off a bottle of Budweiser. He extended it to me, but I declined.

“No, thank you.”

He pouted, “Come on, Sparrow, live a little!” He laughed as he thrusted the bottle into my face.

“I'm living just fine.” I replied with a tight-lipped smile.

He rolled his eyes, “Suit yourself.” He said then took a large gulp. He was being a complete idiot and I really didn't want to deal with drunk John again. Especially if I was sharing a bed with him.

Image

The Maine went on a little after seven and I watched from the side of the stage as John got most of the girls in the room hot and bothered. He was pretty drunk at that point and was moving around the stage in a way that would make panties drop. His language was even more vulgar than the last time I had seem them live and at one point he complained about how horny he was. I was slightly disgusted by his behavior, but no one else seemed to mind. It looked as if everyone was used to it.

John was completely wasted. Everyone was at least buzzed, but John was just plastered. I don't think I'd ever seem someone so drunk before. I wouldn't lie and say I was having a good time, because I wasn't. I thought I might have had a really nice weekend getaway, but all I wanted to do now that I was there, was just go home and cuddle with my boyfriend.

I couldn't stand drunk people. I hated them. I could handle them because I wasn't about to tell someone how to live their life, but once they cross the line of unbearable, I felt nothing but detest for them. And when they tried to force alcohol down my throat, that was a-whole-nothing story.

I was sitting on the couch again, but this time I was sandwiched between Garrett and A Rocket to the Moon's lead singer, Nick Santino. They both weren't particularly that drunk, just a little buzzed. Nick was fun to talk to, seeing as he was a pretty happy guy. He talked to me about his life a little bit. I was surprised to learn that he was married.

“Yeah, our two-year anniversary is next month.” He gushed and I smiled.

“Awh, that's adorable.”

He nodded with a huge smile on his face, “She's amazing and my entire world.” The way he spoke about her told me he really truly cared for her and was completely in love.

“You talking about Sawyer, Man?” Garrett asked from me left and Nick nodded, “Where is that wife of yours?”

Nick frowned now, “She was going to come, but she booked a last minute job for some wedding down in Dana Point.”

“Oh, what does she do?” I questioned out of curiosity.

“She's a photographer.” He beamed and my eyes lit up.

“Really?”

He nodded, “Yeah, she's really good, too. I'm not just saying that because she's my wife.”

I chuckled, “I believe you. Well, my sister is getting married at the beginning of April and she's been ranting about how she can't find a decent photographer.” His eyes lit up much like mine had before, “Does she have a website or something? Maybe I can get her to check it out.”

He nodded vigorously, “Oh, definitely. What's your number? I'll text it to you.” He pulled out his iPhone. I took the opportunity to check if Landon had called or texted. He hadn't.

Just as I finished rattling off my number to him, John stumbled over with two red, plastic cups in his hands, “Sparrow” He slurred, trying to keep a serious expression on his face. I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Good luck.” Garrett said then patted my thigh and god up from the couch.

John immediately took his spot, “Here,” He thrusted the three-fourths full cup into my face, much like earlier in the night with the bottle.

“John.” I protested.

“I want you to drink it.” The stench of alcohol on his breath almost made me gag, “Because I haven't seen you take one drunk of any drink all fuckin' night. You're the only sober one here!”

I rolled my eyes and lightly pushed his hand out of my face, “No.” I responded sternly.

“Sparrow, take a drink.” He shoved it in my face once more. “Take. A. Drink. Take. A. Drink.” He chanted loudly, which caught on like rapid fire throughout the room.

“No.” I tried, but it was no used since it was so loud already.

“Come on, Sparrow!” Kennedy called out from across the room.

I was glad I was a firm believer in was I believed in and did well with peer pressure, “Guys, stop it!” I yelled, but they didn't. Finally, I jumped up from the couch. Everyone fell silent, “I'm not going to drink. I have in the past, but I will not or will ever drink.” I shouted angrily. “I have my reasons, so all of you need to respect that and shut the fuck up.”

They all seemed stunned by my outburst. “Wow, buzzkill.” John said hazily from the couch.

My blood boiled at his words, “John, you're way passed buzzed. You're sitting here on the verge of passing out and that just screams pathetic.” A chorus of “oows” rang throughout the room, but I ignored their childish behavior.

“At least I'm not checking my phone every other minute to see if I have a message from someone who obviously doesn't care about me. Has your boyfriend called you yet this weekend? Huh?” I wanted to slap the smug look off of his face. I wanted to hurt him and I wasn't a violent person. I didn't like this John. Where was the sweet John I knew? The one from the dates all those weeks ago? Where did that guy go?

My eyes narrowed at him as the air thickened in and awkwardly tense atmosphere. With as much malice I could muster, I let the words “fuck you” fall from my lips.

He smirked, “I wouldn't mind it at all.” Where was all of this coming from? “Come over here and let me show you what a real man is all about. You need a man not some British pussy.”

I hadn't felt the hate running through my veins like that in such a long time. I had always tried to keep my aura as peaceful as possible, but I couldn't stop my fists from clenching if I tried. I was about to advance toward him with my fist raised, but someone caught my arms from behind.

“Whoa!” Garrett said as he lowered my tense arms and dragged me away from the drunk singer. “Calm down, Sparrow. He's drunk, don't let it get to you.” I couldn't help but let it.
♠ ♠ ♠
First thing: HOLY SHIT! I gained so many subscribers. I literally said "holy shit" when I saw how many subscribers I have ahaha. Thank you!<3
Second: John let his true feelings of detest come out towards Landon! And was a huge dick about it! YAH!
Third: Thank you for commenting.<3

clothes

Shankill Butchers - The Decemberists