Status: Fini.<3

Green and Gray

Big Brown Eyes

Image

In my fantasy land, I talked to John every day and got to know everything about him. In reality, I didn't hear a single word from him for a week and a half. It's not like I would text him and not have him respond because that wasn't the case at all. I didn't want to seem as desperate as I felt, so I didn't try and contact him. If he really wanted to talk to me, he would. I felt kind of used, but I wasn't about to hold all of it against him; he was probably busy.

It was a particularly slow day at L'Amour's – the shop my sister owned – when I finally received that long awaited text from the tall singer that had been on my mind ever since he saw me off in the parking lot of The Marquee.

“Hey, sorry it's taken me so long to get ahold of you! Things have been very go go go out here on tour. Don't hate me :(“

I smiled instantly, but cursed myself because he was so easily forgiven.

“It's totally cool. What's up?” I wrote back then set the phone down on the counter and scanned the store. There was an elderly lady looking at the intimates section causing me to cringe. Then there was a guy with a mess of brown hair towards the front by the accessories.

He looked up from he display of scarves and hats and our eyes locked. I let out a small gasp at the intensity of his eyes. They were light brown, and when the sun hit them they were almost a copper color. When he smiled, a twinkle shined throughout them. He was beautiful.

I heard him chuckle lightly, showing off a perfect set of white teeth in a perfect smile. I watched him as he subtly made it to the cash register at which I stood behind. My heartbeat picked up at the thought of him talking to me.

“Hello.” Oh, there it is. He's British. Swoon.

“Hi.” I smiled brightly.

“I'm Landon Riley.” What a perfect name for a perfect human.

“Sparrow L'Amour.” I shook his outstretched hand. What perfect, warm, soft hands.

“L'Amour? Like the store?” He questioned in his perfect accent.

I nodded in confirmation, “My sister owns the store.” I explained.

“Ah,” I nodded again then my iPhone chimed from the counter near my hand. “I don't mean to sound daft,” Everything he said went through one ear and out the other as I read the new message from John.

“Taking shits with the boys.” My brow immediately creased in confusion as I reread his words.

“Uh, I'm sorry then that I bothered you.” I was drawn back to the beautiful human in front of me.

Blankly, I looked at him, “I'm sorry, what did you say?” I asked dumbly.

“I, uhm, asked you if you wanted to go out with me tomorrow night,” My eyes widened, “but you gave me that confused look as if I was going mad.”

“Oh, I'm so sorry! I was reading a text message and it didn't make sense to me and I didn't even hear anything you said.” I rambled.

“Oh,” He said, making his perfect lips form a perfect circle, “Uh, well, would you like to go out with me tomorrow night?” He tried again. This time, I was listening and immediately agreed. “Great!” He smiled his perfect smile then we exchanged numbers. “Okay, I'll see you tomorrow at five.” The scenario seemed all too familiar and deja vu like, but I didn't care because I had a date with a beautiful boy.

As I watched Landon go, with a smile on my face, my phone chimed again. “Shots, not shits. My phone autocorrected! You must think I'm a freak now!” My smile dropped at the memory of John.

“Excuse me, Miss,” I looked up and saw the elderly woman holding a too revealing lace babydoll, “do you have this in red? My husband likes it when I wear red.”
Image

“Let me get this straight,” Ryder said from my bed the next afternoon. He had walked into my apartment with no warning right when I got out of the shower and asked me why I was getting “all dolled up.” “some guy walked into the shop and asked you out?”

I nodded as I walked around my room in a pair of high waisted skinny jeans and a cream colored lace bra. I was still debating on whether or not to wear the jeans or not. I was thinking of going a bit more dressy, but then again I had no idea what he had planned and didn't want to be too overdressed.

“You bitch, why do you always get the guy?” He groaned in aggravation and slumped over on my mattress over-dramatically.

I looked over at him in slight disgust and scoffed, “You have a boyfriend, Ryder. Remember him?” I saw him roll his eyes before I turned around and headed to my walk-in closet.

“What about that other guy? The drummer? Joey?” He waved his hand around as if he didn't really care.

I walked back into my room with a slightly oversized cream and blue striped top, “His name is John and he's the singer.” He waved me off and I rolled my eyes as I slipped into my shirt. “We're not dating.” I answered his question. “He didn't even text me until yesterday. Ironically, it was when Landon came in the store.”

Ryder had sat up as I explained the situation with John to him. He grabbed the latest issue of Nylon from my nightstand and tsked, “No wonder why you're going out with this new guy; the old one is a slacker.”

I ignored him and made my way into my bathroom to get started on my hair, stopping to press “next” on my iTunes. “Munich” by Editors began to play and I smiled.

“You listen to the weirdest shit.” He complained as he tossed the magazine aside, losing interest quickly. “So with this John guy, did you lose interest or something?”

Quickly, I shook my head. I scrunched curling serum into my hair and gave an explanation, “No, not at all. We just said we'd see where we were at when he got back from tour. In the meanwhile, I have a date with Landon.” I smiled. Beautiful, perfect Landon.

“Sounds like a load of bull.” I held in my annoyance with him by clenching my teeth. I ran my fingers through my long, dark hair, messing with my waves. My bangs weren't cooperating like I wanted them to, but there wasn't much I could do.

“What time is it?” I asked as I pulled out my makeup case from under the sink.

“Four-thirty.” Ryder called out with an uninterested sigh.

I nodded, ignoring his attitude then began working on my face. I definitely wore more makeup on this date with Landon than I did with John. For some reason I felt as if I had to look my absolute best with him where as with John I just threw on some blush and mascara and felt like the most beautiful girl in the world. I didn't know how to take thar. I only hoped that it was because I was intimidated by Landon's perfect looks.

By the time I was done and had perfected everything, it was nearing five. Right when I closed my cabinet after putting my makeup case away, there was a knock at the door. My eyes widened. He was semi-early!

“Ryder, go get the door, please.” I said in a panic as I rushed into my closet for shoes and a new, smaller purse than my hobo bag I was carrying around all day.

“What do I look like, a fucking slave?” I turned around in a flash, ready to punch him in the face.

“Ryder, just go get the fucking door.”

He sighed in annoyance, but obliged with my request. Not even a minute later, he came back into my room with wide eyes.

“What?” I worried as I slipped on a pair of MARC by Marc Jacobs flats.

“He is gorgeous.” He whispered out, so, I guessed, Landon wouldn't hear him.

I smiled, “I know.” I shoved my wallet, emergency makeup bag, pocket mirror, and keys into my small crossbody bag then swung it over my head so it rested at my hip. “Lock up when you leave.” I said after I took my phone from Ryder's outstretched hand.

As I exited the room, he slapped my butt and yelled out a cheerful “have fun!” I rolled my eyes, but smiled at the sight of my date.

Landon was dressed in a thin oversized white t-shirt with black pants and a pair of black square-toed oxfords. I mentally swooned as he smiled at me. “Hello, Love.” He greeted and I smiled, feeling my knees weaken. I was a goner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone(:
Thank you for subscribing and commenting. I really appreciate it.<3
So, I don't know if any of you read my Nick Santino series, but if you did, would you be interested in another installment? I have all of these ideas for a sequel even after I told myself I wouldn't continue on with it. By the way, these characters will be making an appearance in this story because I just can't stay away from them. You don't exactly have to read the series to understand what's going on with them, but if you want to I won't hold it against you(:
P.S. I'm sorry this is so short :(

Mouse//Landon

All Arise - The Decemberists