Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Hack

I twirled the new raygun around one last time as Poison said

“Let’s move out!” I followed him into the dusty road to wait for the scarecrows. It was insanely cool that my favorite band (before music was banned, of course) was now fighting BL/ind* with us. I had always wanted to go to one of their concerts, but now I was living with them! There was one thing I was wondering, though.

“Hey Poison?” I asked.

“Yeah?”

“What was with you and Fun? You know, when you were on stage?”

“Oh... that... it was for publicity...”

“Sure” I said, snickering. Fun laughed with me. I high fived him. Adrenaline spotted the first scarecrow. She signaled us, pointing to it. Poison fired at it, hitting it point-blank in the chest. It fell automatically, but kept crawling towards us with the hole in its chest. Kobra shot it in the head. It was still after that. The rest started to come into view, some trampling the body of their fallen comrade. Heartless idiots.

“Here they come. 3, 2, 1, GO!” We all started shooting, Adrenaline started throwing grenades and dynamite at them. I was using both of my guns, but then when they got closer, I put my new gun away. The katana came out, freshly sharpened and blood thirsty. I stabbed it at the nearest scarecrow, impaling him. Poison leaned over and said

“Nice one!” before going back to his own small battle. Adrenaline was blowing them up 2 at a time. I dodged a laser, shooting at the scarecrow. It dropped to the floor. Shooting at scarecrows is extremely fun, once you get passed the fact that they used to be human beings. Poison shot at the last one and smiled.

“All done.” This day was awesome.

“Hey guys!” I shouted.

“Come in here and look at this!” I had put my computer hacking skills to good use today. from my computer, I had gotten into BL/ind*’s security camera network. I could see where the draculoids and scarecrows were, and I could also see it there was anyone out in the zones that needed our help. Battery city also had a few of the cameras, to make sure everyone acted like clones, I suppose. Everyone came rushing into my room to see what I had done.

“Have you guys ever wanted to know everything that goes on in the zones?” They all nodded.

“Well, guess who just hacked into the security camera system?!” They all started cheering. Poison ruffled my hair.

“Do you have any control over them?” He asked. I nodded.

“I can turn any on or off whenever I feel like it.”

“Turn all of them off. Adrenaline wants to see what BL/ind* does about it.” Adrenaline said.

“I love your mind.” Poison said to her.

“Do it!” I entered the override code and pressed enter.

“That should be it.” I said.

“Come on, I found a BL/ind* TV at the raid last week. We get Fact News!” Jet said. He turned on the TV and went to the BLND channel.

“We are just receiving word that BLI security cameras across the zones and Battery City are shutting down.” said the voice of a male newscaster.

“BLI headquarters suspects the group of rebellious freethinkers living in the zones, called the killjoys. They are doing all they can to restore the cameras, but for now everything is down.” We started laughing. Fun and Kobra high fived Adrenaline and I.

“Whoever has done this shall receive a half-million dollar fine and up to 50 years in prison.” He paused and put his finger up to his ear.

“Breaking news! Many riots are starting as the rebels are beginning to attack Battery City. The downed cameras are hindering the draculoids, making it almost impossible to stop the rebel ‘killjoys’.”

“Lets get in on this action!” Poison said from behind me.

“Grab the computer and your weapons and lets head out!” We took what we needed and ran for the Trans Am.

“I’ll be damned if we’re gonna miss this!” I saw him typing in the code to disable the alarm. ‘I’ll have to remember this.’ I snickered to myself. We hopped in the car and sped off, heading towards Battery City.

“Turn on the radio. Let’s see whats happening now.” said Jet from the back. Poison turned it on and found the BLND station.

“More and more of these rebellious killjoys are pouring into Battery City. Officials are dumbfounded as to what kind of rebel could hack into our computer systems. Computers are almost impossible to find in the zones, and one would be needed to pull this off. Hundreds of draculoids have been killed, as well as 28 scarecrow operatives. BLI workers are trying to gain control of the cameras, but are unable to do so at this time. This has been Fact News, the only news.” There were high fives all around the car. Adrenaline for thinking of the amazing idea, and me for making it happen. We approached Battery City, there were fires breaking out, most likely set off by rayguns. I saw Show Pony, already shooting at some dracs. There were killjoys everywhere, some raiding the supply sheds, some searching for anyone not taking the horrible pills. New recruits were given rayguns and asked to start fighting immediately. It was an awesome scene. It was like every killjoy in the zones was there. I love creating chaos.

I met a new recruit, about Adrenaline’s age. She had stopped taking the pills a few days before. We fought alongside her, even though she had no killjoy name. She was just a resident, so she wasn’t numbered either. Her name was Natalie. At one point she went completely berserk and tackled a draculoid to the ground. She ran off after that. Maybe we’ll see her in the zones. If she doesn’t get herself killed first, that is. This day was epic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, well, well. 69 readers XD