Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Break

The woman left the room. Good thing, too. I could get back to filing away at the strap that was confining me. I could tell there were no other people in the room with us. The only other person I could hear breathing was Adrenaline.

“Open your eyes, Adrenaline. I have a plan.” The strap broke. I unplugged my heart monitor before unhooking myself from it. They wouldn’t be able to tell that I escaped now. I silently walked over to Adrenaline’s bed and started filing at the strap that pinned her down.

“Okay,” I whispered. “I woke up in the back of their car while they were bringing us here. Our weapons are in a pile on that chair over there.” I nodded towards a chair in the corner of the room. It held both of our rayguns, Adrenaline’s grenades and dynamite, and my katana. Those idiots put it in the same room as us.

“We get the weapons and kill the guards at the door and any other BL/ind* operatives that stand in our way. This includes the Asian woman and Korse. This time, we’re taking his weapon away. I know where they keep any prisoners here, and that’s probably where they’re keeping the guys. We get them, find their weapons, and get the hell out. Are you ready?” I said as her strap broke. She nodded, disconnected everything, and grabbed her weapons. I grabbed mine and we headed out.
There were only two guards outside our hospital-like room. We took them down easily.

“Okay,” I said, still whispering. “The prison hallway is down this way. Follow me.” I pointed down a long, straight hallway. It was covered in killjoy exterminate posters, including mine and Adrenaline’s. Show Pony’s, Jet Star’s and Kobra Kid’s were right next to ours, Fun Ghoul’s and Party Poison’s were on the other side of the hallway. It creeped me out that our eyes were covered in the letters spelling out exterminate. Oh well, if we were wanted by BL/ind*, we must’ve done something right. Adrenaline and I sprinted down the hallway, eyes wide open for any enemies. I heard a door open behind us. We turned around and saw a few scarecrows racing towards us. I turned to Adrenaline, who was already throwing a grenade at them. I aimed my raygun at the first one that walked out of the door and pulled the trigger. It flew backwards, onto the scarecrow directly behind it. The grenade landed at the feet of one of the scarecrows. it went flying into the wall, and in its desperate attempt to stay on its feet, tore down a bunch of the evil posters.

“Karma’s a bitch, ain’t it?” I yelled at it. It couldn’t hear me. It was too busy dying. The rest of the scarecrows were already on the floor, only one was still breathing. I walked up to it and took its head off with my katana.

“Man, I love this thing.” I mumbled. “let’s go.” We walked towards the entrance of the prison wing. I opened the big mechanical doors using an I.D. I had “borrowed” from one of the scarecrow operatives. There were a bunch of cells, and even more security cameras. I shot at the first one and tossed Adrenaline the cell keys.

“Unlock every cell with a killjoy in it. Look out for Poison, Fun, Jet, and Kobra.” She nodded. I shot at any and all security cameras. At the same time, I listened for any footsteps in the hallway.

“I found them!” called Adrenaline in a loud whisper from the last cell. Many of the killjoys in the cells were in pretty bad shape. They were out in the long corridor now, most with bloody bandages and bruises all over them. I ran over to where Adrenaline was. They were up at the door of their cell.

“What are you guys doing here? I thought you were hurt! We just saw you lying in the hospital bed...” said Poison, genuinely concerned.

“We’re good now. We seriously have to get everyone out of here. Do you know where they’re keeping your weapons?” I said. Adrenaline unlocked the door and the guys came running out. Poison pointed to a big door marked “STORAGE” I grabbed the keys and unlocked the door to fin a huge pile of weapons, art, writing, and best of all, COLOR. Adrenaline had the all the killjoys go into the massive room and find what was theirs. When we were all set, Poison organized them.

“Okay, we need everyone who’s uninjured to go in front. Help anyone who’s hurt. Everyone who’s injured, Try your best to help anyone in worse shape than you. If you see Korse, ambush him. If you see the asian woman, point her out to one of them.” He pointed to Adrenaline and I.

“They helped us get here, the least we could do is let them have the honor. Well, are you ready Jet?”

“Yeah.”

“How ‘bout you Fun?”

“Oh, all night baby.”

“How ‘bout you Kobra?”

“F***in’ ready.”

“I think I’m alright. 1, 2, 3, GO!”

Killjoys. Draculoids. Scarecrows. They were everywhere. Rayguns were going like crazy. My katana was slashing every enemy in sight, barely avoiding the killjoys. Adrenaline’s grenades were basically useless, as if she used them, she would probably blow up some friends as well as foes. We were winning the fight, but just barely. People were dropping like flies on both sides, most just unconscious on our side, many dead on their side. Those who could were going around healing everyone. It was madness.... or Sparta. That’s when someone shouted.

“SHE’S HERE!” I ran over to find the asian woman just as her scarecrow guards surrounded her. Immediately after Adrenaline and I got over to her, all of the BL/ind* operatives ran to protect their precious leader. Killjoys started firing at once, knocking out row after row of the draculoids. When all of the draculoids were dead and gone, the scarecrow’s numbers started dwindling. No one on their side was shooting back, surprisingly. It was very... odd. I doubted most of them were really dead, but as long as they weren’t shooting back or doing much of anything, I guess it was okay. Adrenaline shot the last one, but their leader was no where to be found. She had probably run down the hall while our battle was taking place. Coward. Poison found the Trans Am and we all got in, braking through 2 security barriers and running over a few scarecrows. Awesome. I looked back and saw all of the killjoys running out of the BL/ind* building. In the faint light of dawn, it looked like a never-ending stream of color and hope. Hope for a better day, and a new tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy birthday Gerard Arthur Way :D