Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Tag

So close…. So damn close. Maybe if I’d had the sense to bring my raygun instead of just my grenades, we’d have taken down BL/ind* already.

“Stop beating yourself up over this…” Kobra said as he slid into the booth next to me. “You and Silver were amazing back there. You’ll get to destroy her next time.”

“Adrenaline guesses you’re right… but she still wishes she’d gotten a chance to do more damage.” I said as I turned back to my picture. It was by no means like my usual art. This was done in crayon, a crudely drawn picture of all the killjoys in the diner and Show Pony, too.

“So what’s your newest creation?” Fun asked as he snatched my paper away. I felt my face flush. That was not something I wanted the others to see… “Nice details, kid. Hey, Jet! Check this out!”

Honestly?

“Hey! It’s us!” Jet exclaimed. “Kobra, did you see this?” Come on! Why me?

“For a pack of crayons, this is pretty awesome. Poison! Look at what Adrenaline drew!” I may have the mentality of a five year old… but that doesn’t mean I should be treated like one… I groaned as I sunk lower and lower into the booth seat.

“It’s cute, Adrenaline. I didn’t know you had it in you.” Poison remarked, taping it to the diner wall.

“Adrenaline’s going to go now.” I muttered, walking into Dr. D’s radio room. Silver was already there, talking animatedly to the microphone.

“And we want to give a special thanks to all of the killjoys back at the BL/ind* lab for helping us kick some drac ass yesterday. This is Silver Electric, signing out.” She said, clicking the microphone off, and putting more music on.

“So what’s up, Adrenaline?”

“They stole Adrenaline’s picture and taped it to the wall.” I replied.

“I don’t see how that’s so ba-”

“Poison called it cute.”

“Oh. Well that’s different.” Silver replied.

“Adrenaline’s bored, Silver.” I said, spinning around.

“I am too, actually. My katana’s sharper than ever, and my raygun’s fully charged. WE already cleaned the Trans Am, TWICE,” She listed.

“I already restocked my explosives, made 40 new paper stars, played with face paint, and drew a picture. I’ve switched my bandana four times, the person I’m speaking in, and pretended I was a secret agent.” I added.

“We could always steal the Trans Am again… I memorized the security code.”

“Too risky, Adrenaline cleaned the windows, too. You can see everything that happens outside the diner now.”

“Damn… Well, we could always bug the guys until they take us somewhere…” A maniacal gleam in her eye, she began calling for Jet Star.

“Jet! Jet! Jet! Jet! Jet Star! Jet Star! Jet Star! Jet Star! Jet Star! Ray! Ray! Ray! Ray! Toro! Toro! Toro! Toro! Ray Toro! Ray Toro! Ray Toro! Ray Toro! … Princess Fro Fro!” only the last one got his attention. And when he realized what he’d responded to? He looked ready to kill…

“What?” He growled.

“… hi!” Silver said, before running and jumping off the counter and rolling under a booth.

“Are we playing tag?” Fun asked excitedly.

“Sure!” Silver replied, doing a rock star slide on her knees between Poison and Kobra, who had been standing next to each other. Jet followed closely behind.

“Adrenaline wants to play too!” I yelled amidst the other noise.

“Then tag! You’re it!” Silver said, poking my arm. I stared at it for a second, before quickly poking Poison’s face.

“And I thought you guys were finally maturing…” Dr. Death Defying said, staring at the mess of a game we’d created. There was silence for a second, before Poison tagged Dr. D and ran. “Oh, so THIS is how you want to play it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
>.<