Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Pills

“Mr. Fuzzy-wuzzy! Where are you?” I called, looking for the little dog. “Fun Ghoul wants to teach you how to dance! Come out for Adrenaline!” Still no answer.

“Mr. Fuzz- uh, Remix!” I called again. The puppy came running. “Aww, you don’t like Mr. Fuzzy-wuzzy?” I asked. “Yeah, I guess not. Well, time for dancing lessons now!” I said happily, picking Remix up and waltzing back to Fun.

“Alright, Kobra, hit the music!” It was Mad Gear and the Missile Kid. Fun happily took Remix and began spinning around the room. Shrugging, I kicked off my boots and joined him. Something about being barefoot just made everything make so much more sense.

“Oh hey! Check it out!” Silver’s voice floated out from somewhere up the stairs. With a wave to Remix, I followed the sound of her voice to a box of- pills?

“We can send some to Dr. D and see if he can make up an anti-pill!” Silver explained happily. “We can crush BL/ind* with their own idea!” I was the only one in the group to ever have taken the pills… and I couldn’t take my eyes off of them.

“That’s awesome! Hey, do you think… Adrenaline could take a few back to her room? She wants to see… if they’re flammable and/or explosive enough to make something out of.” Thanking Silver, I grabbed a handful out of the box and headed back to room 16. Looking around to make sure no one saw, I lifted a pill up to my mouth before dropping it back in the pile.

‘Not again… I’ve had enough.’ I thought, determined. Taking out a lighter (it’s gone unmentioned, I suppose, but I have to ignite my explosives somehow.) I held a pill over the flame. The fumes it gave off made me almost hack up a lung. It also changed the pill from a bright white, to a deep maroon. Interesting.

“Hey! Silver!” I called. When she came in, I took another pill and did the same thing.

“It changes color? But, does it do anything else?”

“Adrenaline has an idea. It may be a stupid one, but it’s still an idea. We need to tell Jet and Kobra and Poison and Fun though.” So as we all gathered in the motel lobby, I showed them the pills.

“Adrenaline’s the only one who knows what taking these pills feels like. Since we want to see if me cooking them does anything, I think I should be the one to try them.” I explained.

“Are you sure about that, kid?” Poison asked, examining the now-red pill a bit closer

“I’ll take one too, just so if something changes we definitely know it’s the pill.” Silver offered

“I still don’t know about this…” Kobra interjected.

“It’s for the good of all us killjoys. We’ll be fine, right Adrenaline?” Silver reassured.

“Yeah, just a pill of a different color. Adrenaline’s really good at taking them, too.”

“You were also way addicted to those things. Maybe Silver and Fun should take them instead?” Jet replied.

“Are you implying that Adrenaline can’t control a small need for these things long enough to try and save the world?” I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

“I’m saying once addicted, always addicted. You tried to kill yourself the last time we couldn’t give you any and you needed them.” Jet argued. I winced at the memory. I wasn’t trying to die. I was trying to live. I just had a stupid way of getting there.

“Just let Adrenaline try this. If she can’t handle it, I give you full permission to tie me down and make sure no more of the drugs enter my system.” I declared, ignoring the mad grab form the pill in my hand and popping it into my mouth. Six pairs of eyes stared back at me expectantly. Well, I doubt Remix was expecting anything, other than more dancing…

“See? Adrenaline’s fin-” I cut myself off as I stared around the room. “What’s up with the fish?” I asked. They were swimming up the walls.

“I’m guessing I shouldn’t have just swallowed that.” Silver said, staring wide eyed at the empty spot on her hand. “Oh my god! Look at the dinosaurs! Fun! Fun! Help me get up to that one!” Silver cried.
‘Dinosaurs?’ I thought. ‘Silly Silver, there are no dinosaurs, just fish.’

“Oh man… this is bad…” Kobra muttered, pinning my arms at the side so I couldn’t swim after the fish.

“No! My fishy brethren! Come back for me!” They were leaving! Without me!

“Correction, this is REALLY bad.” Fun was busy trying to explain to Silver that dinosaurs don’t like to be climbed on. All my fish were gone… A few minutes, and a very improvised rope made of bed sheets later, Silver and I were lying on the floor of the lobby while Poison tried to get in contact with Dr. D.

“Adrenaline! Do you see that one? It must be like, fifty feet tall.” Silver said, nodding her head in the direction of a particularly bright dinosaur. After a little squinting, she could see the fish, and I could see the dinosaurs. I don’t know what everyone was worried about, it seemed pretty normal to me.

“I know, right? I wonder what it eats.” Then we were being lifted into the Trans Am.

“So where are we going?” Silver asked, craning her neck to look out the window.

“We’re going… on an adventure!” I sang to my own made up tune.

“Well, at least we know what they’ll be like if they ever do drugs…” Jet muttered. Who needs drugs when you have dinosaurs showing you the way? Boring people. That’s who.

“Onward, to adventure!” Silver cried. We were still all tied up, so we couldn’t do much more than talk. And because of that, much to the apparent annoyance of everyone else, we wouldn't shut up.
♠ ♠ ♠
:3