Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Dinosaurs

“Hey look at the pretty green one!” I said giggling. I like dinosaurs. Especially the red ones, they help me fly. The blue ones help me fall. Oh wow... they’re all flying now! Pretty dinosaurs...

“Hey Adrenaline, look! There’s a unicorn there now! He’s playing with the dinosaurs!” Pretty unicorns with wings!

“Let me fly with you!” I called out to it. I tried to stand up, but my feet were tied together.

“Aww... sorry, unicorn. I can’t fly with you today.” I said giggling. “I’m so glad we tied them up first.” I heard Fun say. Pretty fishies and unicorns and dinosaurs and butterflies!

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“Somewhere we can have you not getting into trouble until Dr. D shows up.” Poison said. The car stopped and Adrenaline and I were put next to a sign that had a big ‘65’ on the front.

“Look, Adrenaline! The pretty sign is changing colors!” I said. White, blue, green, red, orange, yellow, purple, turquoise. Fish were swimming across the sky! I like this magic world. I saw a truck pull up next to us and Dr. D came out of it. A huge dinosaur almost stepped on the truck, but it missed.

“Okay, so where are they?” He asked someone. I couldn’t see who, I was too busy watching the dinosaurs and unicorns dance next to the rainbow.

“Over there.” Poison said, probably pointing to us. Pretty fishies. I heard Dr. D’s power chair come over to us. He took out a flashlight and looked in Adrenaline and I’s eyes.

“Yep.” He said.

“They’re hallucinating.” I don’t know why he said that, we weren’t hallucinating. Who doesn’t see dinosaurs and unicorns and fishes everywhere?

“I’ll need a sample off the pill.” I turned around to see Kobra handing Dr. D a little red pill.

“I can analyze it in the truck. Wait here.” he said. He went back into his truck, and I went back to my dinosaurs. I still want to climb them.
Dr. D came out of his van, pill in hand and ready to tell us the results.

“This pill, all it does is make you hallucinate. It should wear off sometime in the next few hours.” Aww... I didn’t want my dinosaurs to leave... they were my friends. They were starting to fade.

“NO! DINOSAURS! COME BACK!” I yelled. Adrenaline looked confused, and then looked for her fishes.

“Wait, where are Adrenaline’s fishes going?” Adrenaline said. I tried to untie the knots that were keeping my from running after them, but they were too tight. I crawled over to where Fun was.

“Where are the dinosaurs going?” I asked him. He shrugged.

“Hey guys, I think they’re coming out of it...” He said. Coming out of what? Just because Adrenaline and I can see the dinosaurs, fish, and unicorns doesn’t mean we’re crazy. Or... does it? We did only see them after we took the pill... so the pill made us... hallucinate? Hmm... now that I think about it, it does make sense. So I was just hallucinating the dinosaurs? That’s a shame... they were really nice, even if I never got to ride one. So the pills made us hallucinate when they were heated up, and they just make us happy when they’re not. Weird.

“Remix!” I called. He came running over to me, tail wagging.

“You are WAY better than dinosaurs.” I said, hugging him. Adrenaline came over, she was untied now. I noticed I still had bedsheets wrapped around my wrists and ankles.

“Anyone want to help with this?”

Jet came over and untied me.

“Hey! Look who’s living in reality again.” He said, patting me on the head.

“Can we go back to the motel now? I really want to see if we can make an anti-pill and save the world. That would be kind of cool.” I said. It would be awesome to just be ‘that guy’. The one who does all of the hero-y stuff, or in this case the 8-people-1-dog team that did all of the hero-y stuff. We could actually win this war! We piled into our respective cars, Dr. D and Show in the van, everybody else in the Trans Am and took off. We were surprisingly close to the motel. When we got there, Dr. D, Adrenaline, and I got to work on figuring out an anti-pill. Dr. Death Defying was a doctor, after all, and pills were his specialty. Adrenaline was the only person who ever took the original pills. I was just kind of bored, so I worked the machinery. Once in a while, one of the guys would take us out of the dark room we were working in to ghost some dracs. After days of working almost non-stop, we were getting really close to a breakthrough. We finally found out most of what the pill was made up of. Turns out, it was a combination of almost every anti-depressant known to man. That covers what made you un-sad, but we still had to find out what made people THAT unnaturally happy. Hopefully we will find that out soon enough, but for now, we’ll have to settle for what we have.

“Hey guys, I just found something.” I heard Dr. D say. I went over to him.

“This is going to be mildly disturbing to you guys, because you had the most contact with the pills. I found caffeine, marijuana, nicotine, and sedatives strong enough to kill an elephant in these things, as well as all of the anti-depressants.” That was it. That explains why that pill was so addictive, as well as the happiness and why we all went to the sleeping tubes as soon as we were given the pills. Everything about that pill is wrong.

“Can we make an anti-pill?” I asked. I hope he could, but even still, we would have to make a bunch of those pills, and switching them with the normal pills was going to be hard. We would find a way, though. We always did.

“I’m not sure if it’s possible. I might be able to make some sort of a vaccine, but the sedatives would make that nearly impossible. An anti-pill would have to cancel out all of the drugs in here, but some of the drugs already cancel themselves out, like the caffeine and sedatives. I’ll try, but I can’t guarantee anything. I’m sorry, guys.”

“As long as there’s a possibility, I’ll help with anything you need.” I said.

“Adrenaline will too.” Adrenaline chimed in.

“Everybody wants to change the world, but no one, NO ONE, wants to die. Wanna try?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Is this better? :3