Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Original

“She looks familiar…” I mused, staring right back at the girl who was staring at me. Kobra Kid had his gun pointed at her head.
‘I know I’ve seen her, but where?’ Then I took into consideration what she was wearing. ‘oh damn, I’m stupid…’ She was a fellow lab rat. One of the only sane ones, from what I’d seen. But there was something more than that…

“Did I come at a bad time or something? Because, I can just come back... later…?” She said hesitantly. Well, the gang’s all here, staring at her.

“Hi, Bleeding Hand girl.” She said with a small wave.

“You… you’re the one who made the building go boom, didn’t you?” I asked. Her uniform was slightly fringed at the bottom, and as a child, I watched one too many Sherlock Holmes based cartons…

“Yeah, that would be me.”

“Going out with a bang. I like it. Well… um, you know Poison, This is Fun Ghoul, Jet Star, who really doesn’t appreciate being called Afro… and Kobra Kid. I’m… currently nameless. I ditched my number, and my old name, and I don’t know who to be now...”

“I know what you mean, 1370517 isn’t me. But… this is a new life. So, no-name, nice to meet you, I’m no-name.”

“I’m not calling them both no-name.” Fun Ghoul declared. He seems to have an issue with names…

“Well do you have any bright ideas? I don’t know how to take care of kids!” Party Poison exclaimed.

“I’m 14! I’m not just a little kid anymore!” Previously 1370517 said.

“I’m… uh,” I mumbled, whipping up my hand and starting to count off my fingers. “I’m like, 13! I’m a teen person, like no-name!” I added.

“Great, now we’re stuck with teenagers. They scare the living shit out of me…” Poison muttered

“Well then you really should have thought of that before you gave us the chance to crash with you…” No-name said.

“Alright, until we can work this out, you, bloody hand, are thing 1, and you, ninja reflexes, are thing 2.” Jet Star decided. “What about him?” No-name asked, pointing to Dr. D’s room thing.

“Dr. Death defying. Huh, maybe he can give you guys killjoy names…” Kobra Kid said.

“That I can. Let’s see… thing 1, how about Adrenaline Frequency for you, and thing 2… Silver Electric? Keep ‘em, tweak ‘em, but at least you’re not thing 1 and 2 anymore.” Dr. D said, clearing his throat and heading back into his room, talking about 109 in the skies... and pigs not quitting.

“Silver Electric… I think it fits me better than Jillian.” Silver Electric said.

“And Adrenaline Frequency is just more fun to say than Becca.” I agreed.

“Becca? Where were you from?” Silver Electric asked, a different kind of light in her eyes.

“Long Island, New York. You?”

“I knew there was a reason you looked so familiar, we’re from the same place. East Meadow.” So that was it! Jillian! I remember Jillian… she was always different from the mainstream… and I thought it was pretty cool. A girl gets tired of seeing 50 pairs of the same boots, and 20 copies of the same hair cut and color… she was… an original Killjoy, I guess. Before it meant you had to kill others before they killed you, though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? No? Okay then...