Status: updating very often :]

Burning These Feelings Away.

Chapter Two

“Here they are….” the crowd screamed as a deep voice boomed over the large speakers. “There For Tomorrow!!!!!” The lights came up as Maika, Christian, Jay, and Chris walked on stage. The instant I saw Chris, it felt like a grip on my heart tightened, making breathing impossible. It’s like a tornado of feelings slammed against me.

“Are you sure you don’t want to go?” Derek shouted over the crowd.

I didn’t take my eyes off Chris as they began playing ‘No More Room To Breath.’

“I’m sure.”

Derek sighed and uttered “All right.”

Hours Later

“Ready to go home?” Derek grabbed onto my hand and played with my thumb.

I nodded as we began to walk through the parking lot to the car.

“That was freakin’ awesome guys,” a familiar voice made me stop in my tracks.

Don’t look.

Chris’s POV

“That was freakin’ awesome guys,” I high-fived Jay, Maika, and Christian at the end of the show. I glanced forward and froze. Our eyes locked. I stared at her in disbelief.

“Chels?” I said under my breath. She turned away and continued walking as she held on to someone’s hand.

Maika put a hand on my shoulder. “What’d you say?” I shrugged it off and jogged after her.

“Chelsea!” I stepped in front of her. “Hey.”

Her brown eyes went wide. “Chris. Hi.”

“How are you.” I nervously flipped my hair. “I mean, how have you been?”

The guy hanging onto Chelsea’s hand pulled her closer. She quickly glanced at him then looked back at me. “This is Derek. And I’ve been good.”

“That’s great. I’m happy you’re good.” I smiled.

Chelsea smiled back at me. Man, she still gets to me, ever after these two years. Her voice still reminds me of an angel, her features still make me think of her as perfect. And being in presence still makes my knees get weak.

“How about you?” She asked.

“I’m great.” I stuffed my hands in my jean pockets.

“That’s awesome.” She nodded and smiled again.

Derek leaned over and not so quietly whispered into Chelsea‘s ear, “I’ll be right back. Will you be alright?”

“I’ll be fine.”

Derek kissed her on the cheek and walked away, leaving me and Chelsea alone.

“What, does he not trust me?” I laughed.

Chelsea grinned and said, “Not exactly..”

We stood there for a few moments in silence, just looking at each other. “I’m glad you came to the concert, Chelsea.”

She lifted her eyes and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “Me too. It’s good to see you again.”

“We should catch up soon, just you and me.” I nervously shifted my feet.

“I’d like that.” She started going through her purse. “Do you need my number?”

Shaking my head, I said “Nahh. I still remember it.”

“Hah, alright.” she put her purse back around her shoulder. Derek popped up and slinked his arm around Chelsea’s waist. My heart ached with jealousy, but I tried to ignore it.

“Let’s go.” Derek started leading Chelsea away.

She turned around and exclaimed, “Call me soon.” she smiled then continued on her away.

I know I’ll be calling her as soon as possible. Because I’m still in love with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! RETURNING FEELINGS! hehe