Nightmares

One

He was after me. Running. Chasing. Trying to get me. Get me to go back to him. I wouldn’t. Never. Never again would I go back to him, to his house, living with him. He’s a powerful vampire who knows how to use people. He plays with your mind. Preys on your emotions. He never cares, even though he acts like he does. All I have to do is get to either my house where there were four guys waiting, or Johns where I know it was him and his brother, if not a friend or more. I ran as fast as I could, and he ran even faster it seemed. I had a knew boyfriend, I didn’t need him. I didn’t. I’ve had too many nightmares about him, and stayed awake crying myself to sleep too many nights thinking of what he did and what he would do if he caught me again. I see their house. Johns. All I have to do is make it there. Make it to safety. Hopefully their home, hopefully. He’s getting closer. I can’t run anymore. I can’t. my legs aren’t strong enough. My breath is running short, but I have to pick up the speed, or he’ll get me. Take me back with him. Then I’ll never have a peaceful night again. Living with him. Knowing he’s always right around the corner. I couldn’t take it back then, that’s why I escaped. He didn’t find me for a long time, even though he had my parents killed a few months ago. He might think that I didn’t know it was him who organized it, but I know it was, he’s evil. The Devil himself. I trip. I fall. He’s on me. I scream. I hear myself pleading, crying. Asking. Asking him not to take me back. Not to make me go to that horrible place. I hear other peoples voices. Males. All males. They sound familiar. He gets off. From pining me down to running.
“Eve, are you okay?” I hear John ask.
Slowly. Slowly I start to calm myself. Telling myself that I’m alright. That nobody’s going to hurt me. That John and others were here. Here to protect me. Here to keep me safe. I stand up with the support of Johns hand and he leads me inside. I stare absent mindedly at the T.V. too shocked. I have to get back to reality, before the boys really think that something is really wrong with me. They sit there silently.
“Thank you,” I say in a whisper.
“We heard you scream, even though we didn’t know that it was you, but when we got out there and realized that it was you, we quickly rushed over, not caring if any humans saw us ,even though if the neighbors start asking questions we’ll have to move again. It would be worth it. We wouldn’t want you to live with that horrible monster ever again.” Jacob said.
I didn’t know what to say. They were safety. They were there for me. I needed to get home. So that Zeke wouldn’t worry.
“I need to get home,” I said.
“Eve, we think that you should stay here for tonight, we’ll call Zeke and tell him what happened and that your staying here with us tonight. He knows your in safe hands,” John said.
“Okay.”
I heard John tell someone something like go get the phone, but I was in too much shock to notice exactly what he said. I heard a voice, but it was distant. I was scared. What if the powerful vampire who’s name I really don’t like to mention should come back. What if he succeeded in taking me the next time. What if I had to go back there. There to that house. To that horrible place that seemed like Hell itself. What if I had to go back to him, and his men. That would kill me. Maybe not physically, but emotionally. I was kidnapped by him and had to spend 8 years in that place. It’s an emotional roller coaster. If they don’t kill you, and you don’t go crazy, then your lucky. I was lucky, because usually if you go there, you don’t come back out, inless your in a coffin about to be burried. Or if you die while out feeding and giving blood, to some of the many vampires who were too lazy to get up and go hunt for themselves. It seemed that while I was there for those 8 horrible years I was the most requested, because I’m half vampire. They say that half vampire blood is much sweeter, tastier, and filling than humans, and sometimes even witches. That’s why I let my hair grow long, not only because the powerful vampire required it of his half vampires, who are so few, in that house there were only 2 of us, and the other got hooked on drugs. I let it grow out to hide the bite marks, most humans don’t approve of people who give blood freely. I don’t, only on certain occasions. Only in emergencies.
“Eve, you should lie down, you look paler than normal,” John said with a worried look in his eyes.
“okay,” I said.
John took my arm and led me up to the room that I’ve stayed in before. I laid on the covers, not bothering to get under them. I just needed to lie down. Yes. That may help.
“ Zeke said that he’ll be over here tomorrow morning. “
“Thank you,” I whispered.
When he left I turned over the other way. I really didn’t feel like sleeping. My worst nightmare had come true, and there were so many more. Closing my eyes would only revel them. If only I could keep my eyes open, then I can prevent the nightmares.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope ya'll enjoy. Please comment,