Distorted

The Imposters

I saw the looks they were giving me. They were sitting in the corner of the room. They were the girls you paled in comparison to. Next to them, you were nothing. You were a shadow, creeping in their wake when they left you in the dust.

Fake wasn’t even the best word to describe them. Plastic was worse. I thought real hard about what I would name them, and only came up with one thing: The Imposters. It sounded like a movie, didn’t it? Yeah, that’s what other people would think.

Lucky for me, I know my place in this school, and I know when to keep my mouth shut about trivial things. If they found out I had taken the time to go out of my way and give them a name, they would never let me live it down.

“Hey, Kendall.” One of them, Cassie, murmured. She looked at me with her big, stupid blue eyes when I glanced down at her.

“What do you want?” I asked, rolling my eyes.

“I just wanted to know why you lied,” she said, tossing her long hair over her shoulder.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed. “What are you talking about?”

The second Imposter, Veronica, glared at me and said, “You said you don’t have anything to hide. Everyone heard you.”

“Why do you care?” I snapped. “It’s not like you said anything. What did you write?”

Claire, the final of the group, looked at me with a hard gaze. “Everyone has things to hide, you’re no different. So tell us what your secret is.”

“It’s none of your business,” I said, grabbing my books. “You guys really need to find another hobby, I think. Picking on people really is in poor taste.”

Hearing them gasp and whisper to each other as I turned away from them was satisfaction to my ears. As the bell rang, signaling the end of class, I left them with what I could only imagine to be the most offended faces ever.

I can’t let anyone know what I wake up screaming about at night. I can’t let the head bitch know I’ve dreamed about gutting her for months too, can I?
♠ ♠ ♠
So, by this point Kendall's weirdness shouldn't be a surprise.

:]

Comments are love. Subscriptions are appreciated, too.