Status: I'm continuing it YAY!

The Animal In Me

Decisions Are Tough

*SERA*

“Rox? Are you still in there? You’ve been in the bathroom for a day and a half. You’re beginning to worry me,”

“Is Seth feeling better?”

“Still in a coma. Doctor says it’ll take a couple of weeks for him to feel better. Why don’t you come out and go see him. You haven’t eaten in a long time! You’re worrying me.”

“I’ll come out when I’m ready. Now please leave me alone!”

“Ok…” I slowly walked away and exited the dorm. Rox was in so much pain now; she blames herself a lot for what happened to Seth. I understand her though. She just entered and the first mission she went on was pretty intense. It must have been very traumatic.

I went to the cafeteria to get something to eat. Many of the students have no idea what’s going on. We decided not to tell them about the mission. It was for their benefit. As I approached my table, everyone asked the same questions.

“How’s Seth?” “Is he ok?” “Is he in danger?” “How about Rebecca?” “Is Rox still in the bathroom?”

“Seth’s alright, still in a coma but he’s out of danger. Rebecca and her mother are feeling much better. They’re currently recuperating from their bruises and cuts. Rox, on the other hand is the same as before. She won’t come out of the restroom,” I answered. Everyone was quiet and just ate in silence.

*ROX*

Why did this happen to me?! It’s all my fault that Seth’s in a coma. I shouldn’t have left him there alone. We were a team. T-E-A-M!

I decided to get up and come out of the restroom. I know what I’m going to do now. I got a pen and paper and started writing a note to Sera.

I left the note on my bed and went to the clinic. No nurses were around, either they’re at lunch or in the office. I snuck into the last room and there I saw a motionless body with bandages all over. Seth was so peaceful and unaware of what’s happening. I sat beside him and held his hand and cried.

“It’s my entire fault. You’re here because of me. I shouldn’t have left you there alone and because I did, you’re in this bed. I don’t know if you can hear me but I’ve made up my mind to leave. Not just temporarily, I’m turning in my powers and I’ll forget all about this. I can’t stand it anymore. I really did fall in love with you but you never noticed me,” I slowly got up and kissed him on the forehead. As I was leaving, he squeezed my hand. I quickly let go of and ran out. I can’t stay here much longer.

*SERA*

After class, I went to check on Rox. The bathroom door was open and her closet was empty. There was a note on her bed. I quickly read it and ran out the door. Everyone was surprised and started asking me questions. I just continued running until I was at Paul’s office. I opened his door and there he was, pacing around.

“Where is she?”

“She left the school. I tried to convince her to stay but I had no choice but to take her powers away. She couldn't stand it anymore,”

“But how could you let her leave like that! She belongs here with us; her friends, her only family. She has no where to go!”

“I understand what you’re feeling but she insisted. I have no idea what’ll happen to her now but I just did as she pleaded. Luckily her memory is erased and sh-”

“LUCKILY!!! She won’t know who she really is! Are you insane!?! She’s one of us! She was special! ONE-OF-A-KIND!!”

“Calm down Ms. Mitchell. I wish it could’ve been prevented but I can’t go against her will.”

I stormed out of the office and went into my dorm. She’s gone and alone in the world.

“Everyone, please meet in the auditorium for a very important news. Thank you.”

Oh great! Now the whole world will know! I wanted to stay in the dorm but I just know that I’ll eventually have to get out of there.

*SEVERAL MINUTES LATER*

“I have a very important announcement. As your principal, I came here to talk about the latest mission led by Seth Mitchell and Roxanna Mendoza. I know a lot of you are wondering how the mission went and I’m here to tell you that it was a success. Rebecca Rodrigez and her mom are finally here safe but Mark Gomez, Rebecca’s partner, is still captured by Vandal. We are going to send 5 of you over there to help. The rest of you will continue training. Seth is currently unconscious and is recuperating. He is out of danger and will soon be able to join us in our training. Are there any questions?”

“What about Roxanna?” someone asked.

“The answer is classified information. That’s it for today. You may return to your classes,” Paul said as he left the stage.

Everyone was pretty upset that he didn’t answer the question. Seth will be devastated to find out that his partner retired her powers.

Where you are Rox, I hope you’ll remember us and who you really are one day…