‹ Prequel: Love Bites

Love Bites 2.0

Chapter 1

My lips quivered. I can't believe this was happening. My hands were twisting with the napkin in my lap. I never though that even as a vampire I could get this nauseous.
My legs moved before I could even think of what I was doing. Eric was still down on one knee infront of me. Around the corners of his eyes was the slightest hint of red. Oh lord, Eric.
“Eric I – I love you, really I do. I just can't do this,” I threw the napkin down on the floor and started to run. My feet were controlling me now – not my actual mind. His face twisted and he caught me before I got to the door.
“Nikole. What are you saying?” His face was serious and I could see him blinking back the tears. This was going to kill me, just watching Eric's face change as everything registered.
“Eric, I can't marry you. Not now, not after everything that's happened,” I shook off his hold on my shoulders and made my way threw the door. The waiters were waiting in the hallway and were shocked to see me walking out. I made a B line for the front door and started to run at vampire speed once I was out. I tried to do everything I could to listen what was happening behind me, but there was no sound.
I sprinted threw the road, making my way to the highway. From there was where I would have to make myself. My mind was blank as I tried to walk calmly. Had I really just turned down Eric? He was my everything, he brought me here, he brought me from the horrible way of life that I had before. Eric had sacrificed so much for me to be here. I watched the times Eric stand up for me, against the Queen, against other vampires. And I really just left him there....
The sound of cars coming up behind me shocked me over and over again. Being a vampire was supposed to be a empowering thing. But not when you're this upset. I started to run again. I had to leave. It was the scariest thing I ever had to admit to myself, but I just knew deep down inside I had to pack up my things and leave.
Every time the tears started to blur into my vision, making me see red, I would blink them away. I had to be strong now. I had to get over this. In my heart, I may know that I love Eric, but the things that he had put me threw even though he saved me, wasn't fare.
He turned me into a vampire without even a thought to ask me! Not once did I ever tell him I wanted to be like him. Vampires are mean and cold and hateful. Selfish – can't forget that one either. I stopped mid run, I couldn't believe I was trying to delude myself like this. I loved him more then I could even imagine. There was no way I could go back to him. There was no way I could ever face him again. I had to leave. Eric had hurt me far to many times for me to just be ok with him.

Everything around me started to look familiar, and the scent of the air smelt like home. I was in Bon Temps. As much as I wanted to stop and see Jessica and Sookie, I had to get all my things before I even went anywhere else.
Another 10 minutes of running finally lead me to our home. Erics home now. I waited out side for a minute, no one was there. I cracked the door slowly, hoping to be quiet even though there was no one there. Inside our bed room, everything was exactly the same as it was before everything was ruined. I bit my lip, this was going to be hard. In the closet Eric and I kept backpacks and suitcases for whenever we needed to go anywhere. With one of them, I shoved a handful of thing that I needed. Underwear, wallet, makeup. I mentally decided that I was going to stop by Sookies before I left. I could get something to wear there.
On the nightstand, on Eric's side of the bed, was folded nicely his favourite shirts. He would notice that it was gone, but I didn't care. I shoved it into my bag as well and made it for the door. I could sence Pam was close. I hurried out, not wanting to run into her. She would say something to Eric. From Eric's, it only took me another few minutes to get to Sookies. I looked at my watch. It was just after midnight and her car was still warm – she must have gotten home early from work. My feet stopped 20 feet from the door though. Did I really want to tell them that I was leaving? Eric would be able to smell that I came here. He could get mad at them... My head ached. Why was this all so god-damn hard.
The bag fell out of my hands onto the grass next to my feet. I sat down next to it slowly and bent back against it. The sky was clear tonight. I had never seen the stars as clear as I had tonight. I watched each one closely, they were so beautiful. My body went still, un-animated as Pam liked to called it. I closed my eyes, letting my plan sink into my head fully. Once my eyes were open, I caught the tail end of something shooting slowly across the sky. Panic ran threw my body at first, thinking that it was Eric flying threw the sky, but once I realized that Eric didn't have a tail of light follow him, it registered that it was a shooting star.
Eric had never mentioned if shooting stars and superstitions ever worked for vampires, but there was no harm trying. I closed my eyes and wished on that star. I wished everything would work out, that I could be happy – Eric could be happy, everyone.
As I walked up to the door, I tried to calm myself – even though there really wasn't any point. I rapped on the door lightly and waited for her scurrying feet to come to the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! Im just posting the first chapter now and I have subscribers :D soo amazing! And I'd like to thank SaltySeaTurtles for her very sweet message about this story. This story is up on quizilla, but I'm starting it on here right now so there is no need to look around for that one :D Thank you all so much! Please, Comment - Message and Subscribe as much as you can!