‹ Prequel: Love Bites

Love Bites 2.0

Chapter 2

“Nikki! What in the world are you doin here?” Sookies eyes were large as she looked at me. I could scene the presence of two other vampires. Bill came to the door behind Sookie. “You're supposed to be with Eric! What happened?”
Sookie let go of the door and grabbed my wrist, pulling me into her place.
“He – he asked me to marry him,” I looked down as I sat down at the table with Sookie, Bill and Jessica. It made me feel a little better to be with my friends.
“What!” A large smile spread across Sookie's face, and then she realized that something wasn’t right. “Where is he? Where's the ring?” Sookie looked at Jessica who looked just as confused.
“I couldn't do it Sookie! I freaked and just I don't know!” Panic ran threw my body again, even being a vampire meant that I couldn't get away from these damned things. I watched Sookie look up at Bill who had a stern look on his face.
“I must go look for Eric. He's not very pleasant when he's angry or upset,” Bill kissed Sookie lightly and then passed me threw the kitchen.
“Did I make things worse?” Guilt washed over me, Bill, for another time, was going ot have to go and clean up my mess with Eric.
“No you didn't. If you simply believed that you couldn't be with him, then there is nothing wrong,” Bill placed a hand on my shoulder and tried to calm me. It wasn't working very much, but the thought of a calm moment would be nice.
“But thats the thing. I want to be with him, I really really do,” I sighed and leaned against the chair. “He's hurt me so many times that I don't know if I can be with him, I really dont cause of that,” Everyone eyes were on me, but that didn't matter. Bill squeezed my shoulder a little more, and I looked at his hand reluctantly instead of his face.
“Well I'll go talk to him. If he's calm then maybe I'll bring him back here and the two of you can talk,” Bill was about to walk out but I stopped him.
“NO!” I leapt up and grabbed his arm. “I'm leaving, I came to say good bye and well maybe grab a change of clothes. I only had a few minutes to grab a few things, I'm leaving,” My face must have been sad, because all Bill did was nodd and then pull out his wallet. He pulled something out and held it out infront of me. I looked down and saw his Visa card.
“Take this. I know you don't have much money yet, but take this. I don't care what you spend on it for now. Just when you start making money you stop using it,” Bills face was soft, much softer thn I had ever seen it before.
“I can't take this from you Bill,” My voice was quiet, but so was the rest of the room.
“You are like my child. I raised you just as if you were my own. This is me taking care of you,” Bill pushed the card forward into my reluctant hand.
“Thank you Bill,” I looked down and could feel tears starting to sting in the corners of my eyes. Bill walked out of the room before saying anything else and left the house. I moved, and sat down again at the table with the girls.
“Where are you going to go?” Jessica's eager voice was the first one to break the silence.
“I think Europe, maybe Paris,” I tried to smile, but I knew it failed.
“Really!” Jessica's eyes lit up, and I saw Sookie give her a hard look.
“Yah, maybe you guys can come visit me?” I looked at Sookie, hoping for some excited look. She thought for a moment before saying anything.
“Of course we would come see you hunny,” She leaned across the table and put her warm hand on my cold one. The little warmth from her hand spread threw me and I couldn't help but smile.
I looked over at the clock, it was almost 1 and I had to get back to New Orleans. I knew there was a vampire airport there. I didn't want to leave my friends at all, but if I stayed here then nothing good would come of it.
Without saying anything, Sookie lead me upstairs, holding my hand tightly in hers. We walked into her bedroom, which used to be her Grans. Everytime she talked about her she would get teary eyed and I wasn't going to bring her up this time. Sookie pushed me down so I was sitting on the edge of the bed there. She took a step back and looked me over for a second. I wanted to ask what was up, but I don't think I had ever been this emotionally drained.
Sookie turned, opening up her closet door and pulling out a small suitcase. She laid it on the ground and opened it up. Without asking if it was ok, she started to put clothes into the suitcase. Socks, pants, shirts, skirts, everything that I could think of.
“Sook, you don't need to do this,” I gave her a pleading look up as she buckled the suitcase together. She shook her head, not bothering to say anything else to me and handed it to me. I accepted it with a nod and followed her back downstairs to her living room.
My legs shook as I came to a stand still on them. This was going to be so hard for me.
“Well, I should get going,”
Together, with Jessica and Sookie , we walked to the door and I hugged them each there.
♠ ♠ ♠
So since the first chapter doesn't have too much in it, here is the second one for all my lovelies out there :D Comment, Rate, & Subscribe kiddies <3