‹ Prequel: Love Bites

Love Bites 2.0

Chapter 18

I tapped my foot waiting. I hated airports. After Eric had asked me to marry him. I asked Trinidad to come from Paris. I wanted her there with me when I met with the wedding planner.
When I told Sookie about it, she freaked, leaping across a table, to hug me. We talked about what I wanted, and what we were going to do. Before I could say much, Sookie insisted that I use her wedding planner. Her name was Dawn, and supposedly a specialist in supernatural weddings. Yesterday, I had called Dawn and asked her to meet me tonight after I picked up Trinidad.
I was lost in my thought when something cold and hard. Instantly I went into offence mode and was about to flip the body off of me when I heard the laugh. The laugh made my pause and start laughing myself cause I knew who it was instantly.
“Trinidad!” I wrapped my arms around her hugging her tightly.
“Oh Nikki! I missed you so much” Trinidad's accent made my smile. I was so happy that she was there. After hugging each other for a while tightly, I pulled her towards the car.
We talked about random different things as we drove to the bar. I was telling her about what life was like now that I was back. She continued to tell him how everyone missed me there, and that everything was good other then that.
We pulled up to my bar, and as we walked threw the doors Trinidad seemed amazed by everything. It was a Sunday night, so the club was closed. I had chosen here to be the place where we were going to be meeting Dawn.
I lead Trinidad threw the place, showing her my office when there was a voice from the front doors.
“Hello? Mrs. Northman?” I smiled and ran down the stairs quickly. Down stairs there was a pretty women, with bright blonde hair. She reminded me of a true southern belle. She had a cute pants suit on that was completely matching.
“Hi, Dawn?” I walked up to her slowly now. She nodded towards me. I stuck my hand out and she looked at it, shocked that I had offered it. Slowly, she put her hand out and let me shake hers.
“I'm more human then most vampires. It's nice to meet you,” I pulled away and looked to my side to see Trinidad standing next to me. “This is one of my bridesmaids Trinidad. Trinidad, this is Dawn, the wedding planner,” They shook hands as well and I lead her to a table that was bare.
“So Mrs. Northman, what were you planning to spend first and foremost,” Dawn pulled out a bunch of papers and started organizing them in front of herself.
“Oh please, just call me Nikki,” I smiled and then thought for a moment. Eric had told me to spend as much as I wanted, that there was no worry at all.
“Well my fiancee said that I could spend as much as I wanted, but I don't want to spend that much really,” Eric and I had thought about it for a while and he didn't care. But I did.
“Ok perfect, so is there anything specific that you want?” Dawn was writing stuff down constantly as I told her about the venue and about the people. There were going to be about 200 people that were coming. Eric said that there were people that needed to be there. I accepted that and told him as long as i got to pick where we were going for our honey moon. He tried to get me to tell him time and time again, but it didn't work either time. It was going to be a surprise. And to even my surprise, i hadn't booked it yet.
After discussing different details for a while, we finally came to a topic that I had even thought of.
“So what does your wedding dress look like?” Dawn smiled eagerly, wanting to know. Trinidad leaned closer, waiting for my answer.
“Uhm...” I bit my lip. Shit. I knew I was forgetting something. “I still actually have to go look for one and get it,” If I could have blushed, then this would be one of the times that I did.
Trinidad and Dawn both stopped mid breath and looked at me. They seemed shocked. Now that I was actually thinking about it, it brought a little anxiety to me.
“What?” Dawn was the first one to say something. She had such a blank look on her face that it actually sorta startled me. “You- you're wanting this wedding in a month! And you don't even have a dress yet!” She was diffidently starting to stress now.
I gave a weak smile and then looked back and forth between the two of them. I had a feeling that this was going to be an interesting conversation that was just about to happen.
“Yah, well I mean a vampire seamstress could get threw a dress real fast,” I was hoping that would be a good enough excuse for them.
“But Nikki, I thought you would have been excited about this! Don't you want a beautiful dress?” Trinidad looked at Dawn with a worried expression. They were teaming up on me now.
“I will look great. I've only been engaged for 2 weeks now, but I know what I want. Its not like I'm also going to have to worry about loosing weight or anything like that for my dress. I'm one size for the rest of my life, and unless I'm missing an arm – which I can grow back – I'm not worried,” I took a sip of my true blood after standing my ground. Tomorrow night would be the night I go to look for some dresses. I'd take Sookie, Ashley, Jessica and Trinidad while they were all here together.
“She's got a point,” Trinidad nodded after thinking about it for a second.

“This is going to take forever!” I groaned, leaning over in a chair. Sookie, Jessica, Ashley and Trinidad were all sitting near me. One of them had just come back with another arm full of dresses. This was starting to get anti climatic. Nothing that I had looked at or even tried on didn't fit, look good or resemble anything that I wanted.
“Nikki, you've got to look at more then just 10,” Sookie's southern drawl pulled me out of my miserable state.
“But I'll have to go through this whole store! And there's probably going to be like a lot!” I groaned again looking up at now Trinidad walking in with more dresses. It was true that I had only gone threw about 10 of them, but I told them specifically what I wanted.
“Here, Nikki, I've got something that I think you'll like!” Trinidad started digging threw her pile of dresses that she had pulled out. The small house coat (if you could call it that, I'd say it was more like a sheet with an opening and sleeves) that was around me shifted around my body as I stood. This wasn't any fun anymore.
“I was with her when she pulled it out. It really does look like the one darling,” Ashley walked into the dressing room regally with the sales person behind her. I felt sorry for them. They were human, and Ashley had insisted that as a wedding present that she pay for the dress and make sure it was ready on time. She wouldn't let me say no.
Trinidad finally held up a dress that had lave over it. That was all I could see. I had told them to make sure I didn't wear pure white, and ivory would be the best pick. I glanced at the dress threw the bag and thought about it for a moment.
“I don't know if I like the-”
“Nikki!” They all shouted together at me, startling me.
“What?”
“This is the dress. Trust me when I say it. You will look phenomenal in it, now put the god damn thing on!” Ashley took a step forward with a fierce look on her face.
“Ok,” I chewed my lip and gulped lightly. I guess I found my dress....
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Ok so there are only 2 more chapters left of this stroy! And I'll probably have them both up by Sunday! So please let me know what you think, and if you want I've got a million other stories on the works. Also, I'm working on another Eric story. I won't be putting it up for a while (atleast a month or two) but i've got an idea and I'm starting to run with it. So let me know guys! Thanks for the support!