‹ Prequel: Love Bites

Love Bites 2.0

Chapter 19

The reflection in the mirror of me wasn’t something I was expecting. The dress was beautiful, elegant, everything that I would have asked for. I looked over at the girls who were in the dressing room with me. In just over an hour I was going to be Mrs. Eric Northman.
Ashley made sure that my hair and make up was done perfectly. My hair hung past my shoulder, in loose large curls. The veil that sat over it was made of antique lace that Trinidad had been saving for her own wedding. I wasn't sure how but it matched the colour of my dress perfectly. It ended just at the middle of my back. The make up on my face was simple, now that I was a vampire, I rarely wore a lot of make up. My eyes had just a little black eyeliner around them and some mascara to make them pop. “Nikki, you look so beautiful,” Sookie smiled at me as she took a glance at me in the mirror. I looked back at her threw my reflection and smiled.
“Thanks,”
It would be a lie if I said I wasn't a little scared of the whole wedding. There were a lot of people out there to see this. Waiting for me to walk down the isle. Over the last few weeks leading up to the wedding, each night I had wedding of this wedding. Some were great, some were horrible, some were just plain nightmares. I was sure as hell hoping that this wasn't going to be a nightmare!
“Nikki – where's? Oh lord there you are,” Ashley and Trinidad walked in together, with matching out fits, since they were bridesmaids and all.
“Yah?” I turned to them with an anxious look. What were they freaking out about.
“Are you ready?” Trinidad walked up first to me, handing me flowers and smoothing out my hair. Ashley walked up next and smiled.
“You have nothing to be afraid of dear, really,” Ashley's words of encouragement wasn't exactly perfect, but that’s ok.
“Yah,” I nodded slowly then looked myself over in the mirror one last time before I walked away from it. “I gotta do this. I'm ready for this,” I smiled and thought of what life was going to be like with him. Since I moved home from Paris, everything had been perfect. No once was there ever a problem.
I walked out of the dressing room with all of the bridesmaids and could hear all the people murmuring to themselves and sensed Erics nervousness. Everyone lined up in front of me and I fiddled with the stems of the flowers nervously.
My bridesmaids were Ashley, Trinidad, Sookie and Jessica. They all looked beautiful in pale blue dresses. When we were planning the wedding, I thought of how years ago I would have loved for my dad to walk me down the isle, but to them now I was gone forever. I debated who was going to walk me down the isle, or if anyone was for that matter. I was an adult, a vampire for that matter, I didn't need anyone to. But then again, it was tradition.
Eric wasn't to pleased with my decision when I finally made it. I wanted Bill to walk me down the isle. When Eric had first left me, Bill was the one who took me under his wing and taught me everything that a new, young vamp did. When I fled the country, he even helped me then.
All the girls lined up with Eric's grooms men and linked arms, waiting for the signal to walk down the isle. When the music started to play the first pair walked down. The second group waited 30 seconds and then made their way down to. After waiting for 30 seconds on the dot each time before walking down the isle, the groups were soon gone and it was Bill and I waiting for my time.
“There's no need to be nervous Nikki. He loves you more then he did Godric , and Godric was his maker.” Bill patted the top of my hand before he pulled it through his arm so we could walk down the isle.
The isle was long, and as soon as I rounded the corner, music started to play louder and everyone stood to get a glance at me. My grip must have been hard on Bill cause he patted my hand lightly, hinting at me to loosen up. I smiled around at the people that were close and then focused all my energy on the man at the end of the isle.
Eric stood there, so incredibly sexy in his black tux that I would have raped him just like that. He was smiling at me, his eyes scanning me over and over again so he could burn this image into his head. When we finally stopped at the end of the isle, Bill graciously handed me over to Eric who took my hand and brought me up the few steps so we could stand together in front of the vampire minister.
I had never been to a vampire wedding, and the first one I was going to be to was my own. As the minister vampire guy continued and went on, my eyes were locked with Erics. I barely heard what he was saying.
It wasn't til Eric squeezed my hand that it was time for us to exchange our rings. I was the one going first. We had agreed that we were going to write our own vows to so I took a deep breath and started to speak.
“Eric, I met you so long ago, it feels like I've known you for forever. Ever since the first night at Fangstasia I spent with you, I knew that you had to be in my life and that someday it would be forever. You saved me over and over again, helping me and not caring about the consequences that you faced. That proved to me how much you really did love me and for that I'll be forever grateful. When I woke up as vampire, thanks to you for saving for a millionth time, life was so amazing that I didn't think it could get any better. But when you cam end brought me home, life did get better. We may have had our ups and downs, like any couple out there, but I can truly deeply say that I want to be with you for the rest of my life,” There was a lump forming in my throat, this was going to be harder then I thought and Eric still had his bit to say. I bit my lip, looking down as I placed the ring on his finger and then up into his face. He was smiling down at me with his eyes flickering with light.
“Nikole, since the first day that I met you, I haven't been able to get you out of my head. When we were apart, when we were together, you controlled the thoughts that ran through my mind and everything that had to do with life. Never have I been so happy in the 1000 years of my existence. After my maker was gone, I wasn't sure if there was a point in to living eternity without someone by your side. But when I had the choice to make you, I knew it would be the right one and we would be able to spend the rest of our eternity with each other. You make me feel more human each day, even when you aren't human anymore. For that, I will love you forever,”
Tears were running down my cheeks by the end of his vows. They were sweet and like nothing Id ever head him say before. Quickly, Eric reached up and wiped the tears away from my face and smiled. Eric slid the ring onto my finger. It was a beautiful ring covered in diamonds and was just as big as my engagement ring.
I looked up and my eyes met Erics.
“I now pronounce you husband and wife,”
My lips crashed into Erics as if they were the only thing on this planet. Tears streamed down my face. Why hadn't I done this song long ago when I had the chance.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's only one left! I hope you guys enjoy it!