Status: Active

Wake of Devastation, Lost in Desperation

Collision

I woke up to the sound of the fire crackling. 

We decided to camp out on this side of the deserted forest after a long day of luckless traveling. 

Chester's father, the man that murdered mine, managed to escape before Chester could even lay a hand on that bastard. I was slightly disappointed but Chester was beyond disappointment. He was fuming with anger when he let his father disappear out of the forest before striking a first move. I had to do everything to calm him down. And besides, I want to murder him myself. My life wouldn't be fulfilled if I never avenge the death of my biological father.

We took time watching the fire throughout the night and it was Michael's turn during this hour. Chester was curled up against one of the branches resided near him. David just laid out in the open across from me. 

I couldn't bring myself to fall back to sleep so I decided to keep Michael company.

"Michael" I slid over beside him. He stared absentmindedly into the fire. It's like his head is somewhere else. 

"Go back to sleep, Eurydice" his eyes left the intense gaze from the fire to take a glance at me. "It's still my turn to watch the fire" 

"I can't sleep" I folded my legs, pulling them tightly against my chest. "I want to talk"

Michael completely shifted his body position so he could face me. His lips forced into a smile and he readied himself for the conversation. 

"So what do you want to talk about?"

"How are you holding up?" I asked, curling my bare toes inside my combat boots. Somehow I felt the need to see how he was doing with Sayer gone and everything. They didn't even have the chance to make up.

He didn't talk. His gaze fell back into the fire and I could see him gulping anxiously. 

"You know, I miss Sayer too"

He finally stopped ignoring my unanswered question, eying me again. 

"I can't think of a reason why she would run away. The only assumption I can come up with is about me. I disgust her so she wanted to escape from me. Now I regret keeping the secrets away from her. It's for her own good but I don't know how she would ever understand. I've been trying my best for her to understand. Eurydice, I love her and she's the only woman I could envision the rest of my life with. She doesn't know what she's getting herself into by running away. What if she's dead right now? I don't think I would ever forgive myself" Michael mumbled lowly, kicking his foot lightly against the leaves on the floor. 

The fire is the only guide preventing me from being completely blind in the middle of this night. I could see his face against the light colored glaze from the flames. The apparent sorrow washed over his face sends discomfort to my body.

"Don't fret. Sayer is strong. You of all people should know that" I gently ran my fingers through his hair, comforting him. I knew I made the right gesture when I feel his body composure physically relax. 

We stayed like this in silence. My fingers stroked his brown locks lightly and delicately, making sure it sends some sort of aid to his uneasiness. 

I'm not too sure myself if Sayer could make it out of this forest alive but I wasn't going to let Michael know that. Michael needs to pull himself together whether we find her or not. But I'm pretty sure she wouldn't give in too easily. She never quit or give up. My sister just keeps trying until she finds a way out. I know her more than most people, with the exception of Michael. Hopefully, we will succeed to find her.

"Eurydice?" he broke the silence.

"Hmm?" 

"If you knew that you'd never see Chester again, would you ever be able to live the rest of your life without him?" he asked, leaning closer to me in anticipation for my answer. 

I contemplated on what to say. What do I say anyways? There's nothing much to the question besides imagining my life without Chester. How would that life be anyways? I'm pretty sure the outcome wouldn't be too great if he slipped through my fingers 

But I wasn't about to say what I had in mind out loud. I've already given the majority of my vulnerability away. There's no need to show more signs of weakness.

"I'd rather not answer that" was what I said instead.

Michael sighed and his body distanced away from mine. "You should go back to sleep. Tomorrow's going to be another long day"

I nodded, hoping he could see it through the darkness. He brought his attention back to the fire and I took this time to shift myself a little further from the fire, back to my original sleeping spot. 

I fell into slumber once again but only to be woken up a while later by the clashing of swords. My eyes shot open and I forced myself up. The forest is already light, which signifies day light. So I must have slept a few hours in.

But on my other side, Chester and Michael are engaged in a fight with their weapons. Chester struck at Michael's chest to which he leaped to the side to dodge. Chester then struck vertically at his fallen figure but only to be met with his sword. What did I miss?

I look to my other side to see David standing by the sidelines, watching helplessly.

"What happened?"

"Apparently, Chester caught Michael trying to kiss your forehead and he got infuriated" David explained with a light shrug.

Chester is an idiot. I shake my head and got up, readying my weapon to intervene in the battle.

"Hey!" I called out to the conflicting pair. They ignored me and kept fighting.

I pulled out my steel sword and ran to the battle scene. Michael held the upper-hand at this moment. Chester's chest almost hit the tree trunk nearby and Michael was striking his weapon successfully.

"So if you guys won't stop, I'm going to kill you both right now!" I threatened, in my familiar tone of intimidation. 

The two members still ignored me and continued fighting as if the words coming out of my mouth weren't their business.

"I won't let you kill them! I shall kill you first" David drew out his weapon and stepping into my view.

"Suddenly feeling confident, huh?" I ducked in time when he swung the first move with his tiny weapon.

I attempted to slash him diagonally but he dodged by leaning sideways. He flipped backwards to create some space between the two of us. I took the time to charge at him with my weapon. Our swords clashed simultaneously, making sounds that familiarly disturb my ears and hearing aids.

He ducked at one of my horizontal attacks and performed a upper cut, nearly scratching my mid-torso ferociously. 

I blocked his passageway with my own weapon and swiped at it hard, sending his short sword flying across the forest. 

He stared at me in shock and I send him an arrogant grin.

"Now that I disarmed you, do you still want to kill me?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"No thanks" he ran across the forest to retrieve his fallen weapon. 

Sighing, I turned to the other battle going on. The imbeciles will kill each other if they keep this up. 

"Chester! What are you doing? Michael, you stop hurting him now!" I tugged at Chester's arms and he accidentally sliced at my palm with his sword. I hissed in pain, dropping his hand.

His eyes grew wide at the realization and both men stopped their fighting.

"Finally!" I yelled, throwing my hands up in the air.

"Eurydice! Are you okay?" Chester gripped on my hand to examine the damage he caused.

"I'm fine, now will you two get along now?" 

"But he tried to kiss you!"

"No, I just wanted to kiss her forehead for helping me out!" Michael defended.

"Silence!" I screamed, frightening the two.

"Not another word out of either of you!"

The two obeyed, dusting their armors instead.

David appeared by my side shortly after that.

"Guys! I hear something over in that direction. I think we should move" he pointed over to the northern direction.

"Let's go!" Michael instructed and started cutting through the forest in fast speed.

We ran after him, trying to catch up. 

I had no idea which direction he was going after but I'm pretty sure Michael's elf senses could catch up to what was going on. 

We ran for a while but then three figures came into view. I recognized the figures as Robert, Bradley, and Joseph when we got closer enough.

"Michael!" Joseph yelled. The group ran towards us.

"Where's Sayer?" Michael ignored his friends' greetings, checking the surroundings for the sign of my sister.

Robert played with his belt buckles, trying to formulate words in his mind. His mouth opened and closed. I knew he was guilty. Something horrific happened to her.

"Where's Sayer?" Michael repeated his question but more sternly this time.

"Well... We kind of let Morcaus take her away" Robert finally said, looking up confidently at the vampire-elf prince.

Michael gaped at him and he just stared at them in disbelief.

"You let them do what?" Michael yelled with increasing volume and anger. It was one of Michael's most intimidating moments and I hope I won't have to experience another one ever again.

My whole body was in shock. I didn't know what was going on exactly. No one was explaining anything to me. They just gave each other shocked, cautious glances. I'm the misfit and the idiot of this situation. It irritates me how annoying it felt to not be in control of anything. 

Before I could ask them anything, we were surrounded. 

Elves, wolves, human, and other different species surround us.  One of the elves stepped forward and earned a gasp from Robert.

The others stood frozen uncomfortably.

"Mother" he mumbled silently, staring at the she-elf. The woman elf stepped closer Robert to examine him.

"You're so grown up" she murmured, staring deeply into his eyes. Her eyes got a little teary but a few seconds later, the affection in her eyes seem to be replaced with something else. A dark look that looked to be forced. I swear there was something more about the female elf.

"Take them and kill every single one of them!" she gritted through her teeth, glaring at us with full-on hatred. 

The shapeshifters and humans came charging at us and I'm hoping that the seven of us can make it out of this horrendous battle alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's my playlist for this chapter:

• Madina Lake - Never Take Us Alive
• Escape The Fate - Gorgeous Nightmare
• Madina Lake - Silent Voices Kill
• Madina Lake - Heroine
• The Pretty Reckless - Zombie
• Yellowcard - Hang You Up

Comment, subscribe, all that fun-loving stuffs! Thank you to everyone who's subscribed and commented. I appreciate it greatly and hope to write more chapters that will satisfy you (hopefully)