Status: Active

Wake of Devastation, Lost in Desperation

Forbidden

A sigh escaped my mouth as I put on the last of my armor. What am I going to do with myself? The only thought lingering my mind right now is escape. 

Why would I run away and not attend to my sister's dream wedding? Sayer was finally getting her wish since childhood. She's been in love with Michael for as long as I know and there's always been restrictions that forced it-selves as their obstacles. I don't know how their fate blossomed into success but I just call that luck.

Luck

Something I don't have.

I don't know if I'd ever come out and admit it to anyone ever again but I'm in love with Chester. 

Chester no longer wish to speak to me.

He doesn't love me anymore.

I no longer have a reason to stay here for.

Sayer is my sister and I've never been so close to anyone in my life but I don't think I should stay to watch her marry the man of her dreams. Watching her fantasies turn into reality breaks my own heart. I don't have what she have. She possess the love from the man she truly love. That was something I lack.

What happened to the days where none of that ever mattered to me? What happened to the days where Chester and I only cared about kicking each other's buttocks during training? I miss those days where my heart doesn't overreact to Chester's actions towards me. 

Why did this have to happen? Why are we here, suffering from heartache? Chester may or may not be hurting but I'm broken inside. The only item I possess are my weapons and my arrogance of weaponry arts. This is the only thing left inside of me so I might just as well make the best of it.

It would take the bride till noon to be ready and demand for me. I still have a few hours to prepare for my departure. 

My weapons and armors are readily hung on my body. The armors hugged around my frame fairly and the weapons graced the various belt hoops tied around my waist. My shaking finger profusely forced itself into action. The ink droplets sloppily fell onto the white paper as my mind went into another episode of contemplation. 

I was going to leave a note.

It's unfair to leave without anything left behind. Sayer has to know what went on through my head before my escape. She's my sister, although not by blood. But she still meant the world to me. 

The only reason I have for leaving her behind is my dignity. There's no reason for me to stick around. I don't think Chester was ever mine to take and Sayer will be happy, living her life with Michael. 

The two importance in my life don't really find necessity in having me around and I have things in need of accomplishment. It has to be done. 

Dearest Sayer,

I have departed from this castle and probably from you for the rest of my life. You may of think me silly for leaving so sudden, without notice. But my reasons will always outshine everything else. I apologize for not attending to your wedding, for missing the major importance of your life. To see you and the man you love link into one. Even without seeing with my own eyes, I know you two are meant for each other and will live the rest of your lives good. I wish only the best for you and Michael. In case the wonder of me lingers in your head, I will be setting out to destroy the pawns and the minions who claims themselves worthy of living. I will avenge all the deaths that tore our hearts apart on my own. I now realize that I work my best standing alone. My mental stability will not be prevented by fighting alongside others. I will fight everyday, not having to worry about anything else but myself. The thought of my life without Chester won't bother me anymore. I will be completely fine on my own so don't try to find me. Leave the fight to me and I will fight all of our problems away. Live a happy life with Michael and tell Chester that I will love him forever. I didn't do anything wrong and I will not apologize. If he seeks for my apology he can try to find it but I'll hint him that he can spend a whole eternity looking for it and not find anything. 

You can spend an eternity to find me and change my mind but I will no longer revisit the roots. The roots that made me who I am today.

Forever and always,
Eurydice


I dropped my brush and let the ink dry on the mahogany table, in preparation of leaving. 

The note described everything I felt in only so many words. Only Sayer can really decode the true meaning of my limited words. I just hope that she doesn't let me down by remaining clueless. 

My trust in her is forever and shall rest in her heart for eternity. I just hope that's enough time for her to find it.

Gathering the rest of my belongings, I climbed out of the window sill and hopped down to the grass floor. The guards looked around but they couldn't sense me. My movements are swift and quiet. They can't hear a thing. They can't feel a thing. They can't see a thing.

My boot clad legs carried me to the northern section of the castle. I forced myself to look up and let my gaze land on the white silk material blinding the visible window. Sayer will make a stunningly beautiful wife. She's going to live the rest of her life good. I know it.

Without glancing at her again, I mumbled my heartfelt goodbye to Sayer and ran for the exit of the town square. 

No one recognized me or stopped to talk to me. I liked that. It was good for my escape. No one acknowledged me so it won't be easy for them to find me. 

Suddenly, I find myself back in the contents of the dangerous, forbidden forest. It's still the same cold place as before. The only difference is that I have to face the danger myself.

My feet carried me further into the forest, in search of a possible enemy. I need to find where the pawn was. Nicholas and Ronald mentioned about a pawn in the forest area near the western region or was it in Nove Hrady? I just need to find it and destroy it. Then I could run deeper into the forest and kill the remaining ones.

I stepped further and I hear the bushes moving. Something is here. I know it.

My battle stance ready, my eyes scanned around the whole area cautiously. I'm ready to fight whoever shows up to my presence. 

After a few more moments of fidgeting in the bushes, the enemy decided to show itself. 

It was a female, to my surprise. Her ears are normal, similar to mine, meaning that she wasn't a shapeshifter. I don't know who she is but if she's enemy, I'm willing to take her down. 

"Who are you?" she asked, voice rough.

I scoffed at her poor attempt at intimidating me. 

She is no match against me.

"Not talking, are we?" she asked, smirking.

"I'm going to take you down" I said.

"Princess Eurydice?" her eyes grew wide in realization and my head cocked. 

Do I know her?

Her dark hair was tied in a high ponytail and her weapon of a long sword almost matched mine. My weapons are better, that's the main difference. 

But her eyes looked like mine. The same hazel shade of my own. What is going on here?

"I do not know you" I said, crossing my arms tightly against my chest.

A hurt expression washed her face and I tried to feel bad but no remorse.

"I'm your cousin"

"Lies!"

"I lived in the Southern kingdom and my father was your father's elder brother. He was a blacksmith, similar to your father. But learning the death of your father, my father wanted to head over to Nove Hrady and take you in. But we couldn't leave. King Jakobi wouldn't let us access his land. He wanted to take you in as a princess. We were forbidden to go anywhere near you or his kingdom for some reason"

"And...?" my eyebrows cocked, curiosity suddenly kicking in. My heart ached at the memories of my father. If she wasn't lying, she would be the closest to what I have as biological family.

"My father tried to cross the land and King Jakobi had him executed. He wanted to reach to you because Jakobi wants you for something and he wanted you to be safe with us before it's too late. But too bad my father didn't make it to the castle or to you. I set out my journey of finding you. Jakobi caught me but he made a compromise with me" she continued.

"What compromise?"

"If I set myself on a journey to kill specific people and bring their heads back, then I can have you back" she said.

"Who did he want you to kill?" I asked.

"Michael, Chester, Robert, Joseph, Bradley, and..."

"What?" I shouted.

"Uh...?"

"You can't kill them!" I said.

"I don't have to, I already found you" she said, small smile playing on her lips.

"Good, now see you next time. Bye!" I turned to leave but she leaped at me, stopping me.

"Not so fast!"

"What do you want now?" I groaned, pushing the small girl off of me.

"You have to come with me" she demanded.

"No" I replied.

"Eurydice" she sighed.

"What do you need me for?"

"I need your help to destroy the pawns. My father has set out his journey of finding you to do so" she said.

"Look..., what's your name?"

"Kenya"

"Kenya, I'd love to help you slaughter all of the pawns but I work alone" I said, feeling slight sympathy washing over me.

I easily brush them off and held up my tough front.

"Eurydice, please" she begged.

"No"

"Then i'll have to kill you!"

She leaped at me with her long sword vertically ready. I slashed my sword against her's and kicked her lower legs. She backed down and cut across my lower stomach. I hissed in pain but didn't hesitate to stab at her open arms. Her motions are almost as fast as mine. She blocked my attack and we clashed swords, trying to find an opening within each other.

"My father's death and my whole wasted journey is all for nothing if you don't come with me"

"Is that why you want to kill me now?" I sneered.

She nodded, sadness washing over her eyes now.

"Look Kenya, I really want to help but I can't. I don't like worrying about others while fighting. I don't want you to get hurt so I'm going to have to worry" I explained, slashing at her diagonally. Her own blade blocked the attack and she went for my lower legs. I jumped in time of her weapon slicing and swiped at her cheek in the midst of my jump.

Raw flesh engraved on my cousin's left cheek and she held into it with one hand, another armed hand ready.

"I do not want to hurt you" I warned.

"I just need your help" she said.

"I work alone"

"You are going to live the rest of your life alone if you keep this up"

I sighed, lounging at her with another slash. She clashed her sword in time and backed up as I almost cornered her to a nearby tree trunk. 

With my sword pointed to her neck, I said, "I don't mind"

She glared at me.

"I'm going to kill your friends then" she threatened.

They can easily fight her off. She won't find them that easily. So everything would be fine.

"I don't care" and with that, I left.
♠ ♠ ♠
This update was fast and swift! I like that! This chapter is one of my favorites for this story.

My playlist is simple. Simple Plan - Jet Lag on repeat. Only, the shifting of the English and French version.

Comment, subscribe, please!

Lacey <30