Status: Working on updating as soon as possible.

Waiting

Chapter 4

Waiting

Chapter 04

The next morning I rolled over pulling Harlie closer to me, putting my hand on her stomach I smiled. I was going to be a dad. I couldn't believe it. It seemed like only yesterday that we were having our first date and now here we were going to have a baby together and I couldn't imagine having a child with anyone else. I laid there holding her thinking back to our first date and how it changed my perspective on my dating habits in general.

*Flashback*

I knocked softly on the apartment door. I was slightly nervous. I was never nervous before a date. I was a ladies man, according to Penelope I could snap my fingers and have women falling at my feet. I personally think it's a little much. I was brought out of my thoughts by the door opening revealing my date for the night. Harlie Nichols. She had only been working for the BAU to a couple of months, and during those few months she had caught my attention.

There she stood with her long dark hair put up on her head with small tendrils falling around her face. She had a nice green dress on that brought out her eyes. I looked her up and down and let a breath out I didn't realize I was holding.

"Wow." Was the only thing I could say to her. She slowly turned around for me. "Damn girl you look beautiful."

I heard her giggle before she responded. "Why thank you, Agent Morgan. I haven't heard that in awhile."

"Really? Seriously no one has…" I let my sentence go unfinished as she shook her head no. "Okay…umm…are you ready to go."

"Yep just let my lock up." She turned around and locked the door. I stood back and then I let her walk in front of me. A few minutes later we were in the car heading towards the restaurant. "So uh…tell me about yourself Ms. Nichols."

"There's not really that much to tell. Ummm…I grew up in small town Missouri. I lived on a farm all my life….yep I'm a farm girl…living in a small town everyone knows everyone. They all know your business…blah, blah, blah. You know how that goes…city boy.." She laughed before continuing. "By the time I was eighteen I was ready to leave there. So I went to California and went to college out there and studied computers. I had a friend there and I came home with her on vacation one time and that is how I met Pen."

"So you've known Baby girl a long time then?" I asked her barely taking my eyes off of the road. Seconds later I pulled into the restaurant parking lot.

"Yeah about six years or so. She helped me through some really bad times. Getting over an ex was the last thing she helped me with." She grimaced slightly, like she wished she hadn't brought it up.

"Was he a bad guy?" I asked opening the door for her. She didn't answer until we were seated and the waiter had walked away. I heard her sigh. "It's okay if you don't want to tell me or if it makes you uncomfortable."

"No, it's okay. When we started dating it was okay but after awhile it turned out it wasn't okay. He used to hit me a lot and about three months before I moved here to Virginia he put me in the hospital. But I don't really want to go into all the details."

I couldn't believe that any guy would hit a woman it was against everything I believed in. I began to see Harlie in a whole new light. She just got out of an abusive relationship and here she was going on a date with me. At this moment I knew she was a strong woman. To put so much trust into someone she barely knew.

"So you have any brother's or sisters?" I asked quietly changing the subject. She smiled.

"Five brothers and one sister. You?" She laughed at the look on my face. My mouth was opened slightly.

"Two sisters. You have five brothers? How did you ever date?" At this she laughed out loud.

"Well when I first started dating my brothers and my father scared all the boys away but after awhile I learned that certain threats would keep them at bay. It also helped that only one of them was still living at home and I knew all his weaknesses." Her eyes twinkled.

"I'm the youngest in my family both my sisters are older than me." About that time our food had arrived and we spent the next twenty minutes in relative silence. Talking every little bit. I made jokes, most of them completely stupid, but she laughed at every single one. After dinner was over I took her dancing. By the end of the night I knew that I didn't want to let this girl go. She had won me over in one night. The only thing I could think when I finally walked her to her front door was that I wanted to kiss her.

"So Derek, I had an amazing time. I haven't had that much fun in a long time." She said leaning against her door. I looked at her before speaking.

"Me neither. So I suppose this is where I leave you, princess." I saw her raise an eye-brow. "What you don't like princess?"

"No, it's fine. I just didn't expect a pet name already." She giggled smiling.

"Thank you for the best night ever." She said looking at me. I nodded.

"I had fun too, I actually haven't had that much fun in a long time too." I stepped closer to her as I talked.

"Really?"

"Really." I decided to take my chances I just could leave there tonight without kissing her. I leaned in and kissed her softly. I was surprised when she kissed me back. Pulling back a few minutes later I wished her a goodnight. I waited for her to shut her apartment door before heading back to my car.

I would have to remember later to thank Penelope.

*End flashback*

I looked down at her watching her sleep, it still amazed me that she wanted to be with me. Especially with my job. I know that she understands the job but I still worry that one day she will wake up and realize that I wasn't the one she wanted that she could find someone better. I know I'm being stupid, Harlie isn't that type of girl, especially now that our relationship was getting more concrete. I know what I want to do, what I'm going to do tonight. I felt her move slightly. She turned in my arms and was facing me, seconds later I her eyes fluttered open. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Morning baby daddy."

"Morning princess." I smiled down at her, kissing her on the forehead. "Call in sick today, please."

"I don't know if that would be a good idea Derek."

"Babe, we just found out we are going to be parents and I think that Pen can handle a day by herself. In fact I know that she can." I gave the best puppy dog eyes that I could.

"Fine…let me call." She reached over and grabbed her cell off of the nightstand.

I called Hotch and asked if it was alright if I stayed home with Derek on his day off. Derek rolled his eyes.

I hung up a few moments later.

"What was the eye roll for? Huh?" I asked him smiling.

"Nothing sweet cakes you just asked Hotch for permission to use a sick day." I laughed then.

"Alright what ever." I sat up and pushed the covers back and attempted to get up, but Derek held me back. "Derek I have to pee."

"Okay just hurry back."

I walked to the bathroom and did my thing. I brushed my teeth and made my way back to bed where a certain sexy man, the father of my child was laying. I smiled at that thought I couldn't believe that I was going to have a baby. I couldn't believe that I had found a man like Derek. One that I knew would cherish me for a lifetime. I quietly walked down the hall and then took a running jump into the bed. I sighed as I snuggled with Derek. My life was finally coming together.

"Babe, can I ask you something.?" I lifted my head and looked at Derek with one dark eyebrow raised.

"I think you just did." I giggled when he rolled his eyes and swatted me softly. "Yeah you can."

"Okay I planned on doing this over dinner at a really romantic restaurant but I don't want to wait." I watched him reach over to the bedside table on his side and grab something. My heart was pounding loudly, so loudly that I was certain that he could hear it. I could already feel my mouth going dry and my eyes starting to tear up.

"Derek…" I stopped talking by the look on his face.

"I love you with all my heart, I never thought that I would find that one person that would change my world, change how I thought I wanted my life to go. You changed all that for me. You gave my life more meaning, more purpose, more than my job, my friends or the rest of my family could ever do. I can't imagine my life without you. Harlie, will you marry me?"

I was speechless. I wanted this more than anything in the world but at that moment I couldn't get words to come out of my mouth. I stared at him for a few moments. Before he leaned forward slightly with a worried look on his face. "Harlie, I need an answer baby."

"Oh….oh god…sorry…,sorry…yes…,YES!" I answered sitting up on my knees grabbing Derek and kissing him passionately before pulling back slightly. "Yes, I'll marry you. God I love you."

"I love you too. Princess."
♠ ♠ ♠
I would love some reviews to let me know how you guys like this story.