Status: In progress; crazy with work will update as time allows....

My Everything

Chapter 10

Chapter Ten: Wonder

I couldn’t believe we were in California and that I had just left my bitch of a mother alone in a supermarket. I would have gone back in and chopped her head off if Emi hadn’t stopped me. We hadn’t even been with her for a full day. I was now currently sitting in the front seat of Billie’s car right next to him. I looked over at him discreetly as I could but obviously not discreetly enough because he looked over at me.

“What?” He asked quietly so as not to be heard over Emi’s big mouth. She was jabbering away at Mike talking about something. I almost felt sorry for him. Almost. But not quite.

“Nothing.” I answered looking away quickly. I heard him chuckle. I felt my face turn red and I don’t know exactly why I was feeling so shy around him, all of the sudden.

“Not nothing if you’re blushing.” He stated glancing at me before turning his attention back to the road. I had to shake my head he was right.

Midnight workings weather down the story line
I try to find the truth between all the lies
When bleeding is feeling and feeling ain’t real
Will I see you when I open my eyes?
Will I see you when I open my eyes?

“I don’t know really. I can’t describe how happy I am to be here.” I couldn’t look at him even though I really wanted to. I couldn’t believe how shy I was being. I mean the man had already seen me naked. More naked than any other man had before. I know by now that my face had to be really red. I then noticed that the backseat was really quiet.

“Awwww…..Jewels! You’re being cute!” I heard Emi say in a sickly sweet voice. I closed my eyes praying she wouldn’t continue but alas she did. “Stop it now! Its making me want to puke! I don’t have anyone to be cute for right now. Mike don’t look at me like that you may be my favorite but Tre isn’t here and he’s the one I’m cute for all the time.” Emi was trying to serious but was failing miserably. I looked back at her and had to laugh. She was trying to keep a straight face but couldn’t do it worth shit. “Oh you can’t tell Tre. It would hurt his widdle feelings.” She looked at Mike for this.

“Yeah among other things.” I said making Billie laugh along with Mike. Emi who sometimes thought like Tre took a few moments to understand what I had just said.

“Hey that’s mean.” Her face was red. I couldn’t tell if she was in fact embarrassed or angry. I had a feeling I would find out soon enough.

When breathing’s a burden we all have to bear
And trust is one thing we’re taught never to share
Somehow you just seem to shine
When loving means breaking and saying goodbye

We had just pulled into the driveway and as soon as Billie stopped I got out. I was so busy looking at the house that I failed to notice that Emi had got out of the car, at least until it was too late. All I heard was a loud yell.

“AHHHHHH!!!!!” I turned slightly just in time to see Emi tackle me. I hit the ground hard.

“OW….EMI!!! FUCK!!!” She was laughing at me. I heard other laughter joining in with hers and found both Mike and Billie laughing as well. I looked back at my cousin and started laughing as well. “Yep, just like when we were kids. The sneak attack, still works. She always loved to beat me up and she’s the younger one.”

I reached up and punched Emi in the shoulder making her hit me back. Pretty soon we were in an all out childish fight. We stopped play fighting when Mike told us he had to leave.

And I can’t help but wonder what it is you do
You help heal the pain and the thoughts of the truth
You’re a question to the universe a wonder to the world
And somehow when I’m with you, I never get burned.

________________________________________________________________________

I was still laughing as I got into my car and drive away. Those two girls were crazy. Billie and Tre definitely had their hands full. They were lucky. I felt sorry for Billie though. He had to deal with the two of them alone for the rest of the day. One thing though I knew that Billie needed someone to help him get over Adrienne and love him for him and not what he does. Tre just need someone and me well I would find out when I found it.

I drove the fifteen minutes from Billie’s house to mine slowly. I always hated coming home to an empty house. The only time I looked forward to going home was when Estelle was there, which wasn’t very often. As I pulled into my driveway I looked next door to a house that had been up for sale for over a year to see a girl trying to haul boxes into the house. Somebody had finally bought it. I had to say the girl was cute. She had from what I could see shoulder length black hair, brown eyes, she had a little meat on her bones. I’m not judging I think she’s cute. I could tell living next to her would be a trip. I was brought out of my thoughts by said girl.

“YOU ASSHOLE! THAT WAS EXPENSIVE! IF YOU BREAK THAT YOU WILL BUY IT GOT IT!” She was yelling at some guy. I couldn’t tell if he was a mover or someone that she had hired to help. I smiled slightly. Yep this was going to be an adventure. I started walking towards my door when I heard a crash, and the sound of breaking glass a minute she was yelling once again.

“YOU’RE FIRED! NOW I DON’T HAVE PLATES! YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY? BECAUSE YOU SHITHEAD BROKE THEM.” I heard her sigh before she continued quieter. “I’ll just finish unloading myself, come over tomorrow and I’ll pay you for the work you’ve already done minus the dishes.”

Caught in a trap of what we’re taught to believe
When night overcomes day life’s so hard to perceive
And that clock keeps on ticking through nights shattered skies
Where the stars are all broken and so are the ties
But the one thing remaining is you
When I’m broken and bleeding you pull me right through

The guy nodded before walking off down the street. He looked relieved. I opened my door and sat my things just inside the door and walked over through her yard and stopped in front of her.

“Hi, I’m your neighbor Mike.” I put my hand out which she took after a few moments of staring at me. I looked down and found my answer. He was wearing a Green Day shirt.

“Sorry, I’m Takisha. My friends called me T.K.” She let go of my hand and put it up to her face which was now bright pink. “Sorry its just that I didn’t expect you to be my neighbor of all people.” her face went red.

“I didn’t mean that how it sounded.” She sighed looking away before continuing. “I didn’t know that anyone famous lived on this street. Let alone the bass player from my favorite band.”

And I can’t help but wonder what it is you do
You help heal the pain and the thoughts of the truth
You’re a question to the universe a wonder to the world
And somehow when I’m with you

“Hey that’s fine. I haven’t had that kind of reaction from anyone on this street for a long time.” I smiled at her. “Ummm…you need some help?” I looked down at her noticing she was short.

“Yeah actually I could use some help. I guess you heard?” She pointed in the direction that the guy had went. I just shook my head. “Just so you know I’m not usually like that.”

I grabbed a box, not saying anything and began walking toward her front door. She was following me close behind.

There’s nothing I’d rather do then be right there
To escape my whole life and all I fear
And I can’t feel, am I really real
Come and wipe all my tears
Come and wipe all my tears.

I didn’t take us long to unload all the boxes and get them into the house. She sat the last box on the floor by the kitchen and walked to the refrigerator.

“Drink?” She asked. I put my hand out. I heard her chuckle as she handed me the cold beer. I took a sip and looked at her. She was dark. A punk girl through and through. Dark eye makeup and dark purple lipstick. I liked it.

“So ah…..what made you move here to Oakland?” I asked.

“Well, I didn’t want to stay with my parents any longer and I wanted to stalk you so this was the best I could do. Apparently I did better than I thought.” She laughed at the look on my face. “but in all seriousness I always wanted to live here in California. I had always tried to get my parents to move here but they never wanted to. Just got here last week.”

“You like it so far?” She smiled.

“Yeppers. I have a hot neighbor. Hello that would make me love California more than anything.” I rolled my eyes and took another sip of beer before laughing.

And I can’t help but wonder what it is do you
You help heal the pain and the thoughts of the truth
You’re a question to the universe a wonder to the world
And somehow when I’m with you

It was going to be nice having a friend next door, a hot neighbor. Maybe more than just a hot neighbor one day, we’ll have to wait and see. All I knew was that I really liked her personality.

I can’t help but wonder what it is do you
You help heal the pain and the thoughts of the truth
You’re a question to the universe a wonder to the world
And somehow when I’m with you, I never get burned.