Status: In progress; crazy with work will update as time allows....

My Everything

Chapter 24

Chapter 24: One that I want

I rushed into the doctor's office out of breath as I reached the front desk. Breathing heavily I said, "Juliet Haynesworth, I'm a little late for my appointment but I was wondering if I could still get in?"

The girl at the desk looked up and with a heavy sigh looked at her computer. " Well seeing as you're only five minutes late I'll go ahead and take you into an exam room." Getting up she gave me a glare with which I returned a small smile and a shrug.

"Thank you." I replied following her down the hall and to the left to a small exam room. I sat there patiently as she took all my vitals and asked the million and one questions that they have asked me every appointment.

"Okay the doctor will be with you shortly." She didn't wait for my reply as she turned and stalked out of the room and lightly slammed the door.

" Someone's a bitch today, must not be getting any." I mumbled to myself. I occupied myself for a few minutes by looking around the room at the medical posters and ugly pictures on the wall. One imparticular freaked me out. The one with the baby in the stomach and showed the uterus and all that jazz. Ah. Need to not look at that just yet. Bored with that I started singing to myself. I was halfway through singing Brain Stew when doctor came in.

"Juliet, nice to see you again. How are we feeling today?" She smiled at me as she walked over and turned on a small monitor to my left.

"I'm good, I feel good. I think that I made your receptionist a little mad showing up late. I really don't think she liked it." She looked over at me with a smile while putting on her gloves and getting a tube of jelly that I was already beginning to despise. It was always so cold.

"Yeah, well it happens. She's new she will get used to it. Okay, let's get started. Go ahead and lay back and uncover your stomach. We're going to see if we can get a picture of the baby today. Would you like to know the baby's sex?"

I thought about it for a few minutes when I realized Billie and I had never really discussed whether we wanted to know or not. "Yeah, I would like to know that way if the baby's dad wants to know I can tell him. If he doesn't I can keep it to myself. And can we go ahead and print some pictures as well. I want to show them off." I said this with a laugh, the doctor laughed as well.

"Okay this is going to be a little cold." She warned me as she started to spread the jelly over my stomach. I sucked in a breath and laughed. "Never get used to that."

"Most women don't." She laughed. She started moving the picture thing over my stomach. Suddenly a noise filled the room.
"You're baby's heartbeat." She smiled softly looking down at me. "You're first right?"

"Yeah," I replied quietly as tears started to fill my eyes. 'I can't believe I let Billie miss this' I thought to myself. "Is there any way I could get a copy of the heartbeat as well. I want my boyfriend to be able to share this with me. He couldn't get away from a few commitments today."

"Of course that will be no problem." She looked back at the monitor. Leaning closer to the screen her eyebrows coming closer together as she observed the screen. "How did I miss that?"

"What? What did you miss? Is it bad?" My voice raising in panic.

"No, god I'm sorry no. I didn't mean to scare you. I was a little curious earlier because the heartbeat was louder than normal for a baby. Now I see why." Her smile widened as she looked at me. "Here's why, look here."

She pointed to the shape on the screen. Outlining it she said, "Here is Baby Girl A," moving to the other side of the screen she outlined another small shape, "And here is Baby Girl B. Don't know how I missed it before."

"Twins?" I was stunned. Two babies. Two baby girls. I was hoping for one and got two. I wasn't sure if twins ran in the family. I had no way of knowing now since my mother and my aunt had passed away. "Twins?" I repeated as the doctor chuckled.

"I guess in your other appointment one hid the other. Since your about six months along now they move around a lot, so it can happen. The next couple of months may be a little uncomfortable for you since you carrying two babies. You'll most likely be more tired and have to lay down more often. I want you take it easy. For now everything looks in order. I'll tell the receptionist to make you another appointment for next month. Then after that one it will be every week. Now let's get you a video and some pictures for you to share."

I sat up and watched the doctor leave the room. I was stunned. Twins. Who knew. The more I thought about it the happier I was. I just hope that Billie Joe would be ready for this bombshell.
******************************************************************************
(Billie Joe POV)
After Juliet left I stood there staring at Adrienne. I was in awe of the women in my life. Most women in a situation like this would not want to be near each other but here was my ex-wife and my new girlfriend hugging like they were best friends. I didn't know what was said between the two but as long as they got along I had no problem with it. I must have zoned out cause next thing I knew Adrienne was thumping on the shoulder getting my attention.

"Billie? Are you alright?" She asked with a small smile and it looked like she had tears in her eyes.
"Yeah, What was that about?" I asked motioning to the driveway.

"Nothing, I was just apologizing to Juliet for interrupting earlier and thanking her for being so good to the boys." She paused and looked at me fully. "She's really great Billie. You know she asked me if it was okay if she sent me, me pictures of the baby after its born. She said that even though I'm not married to you anymore I'm still family. She said she wants to share that with me."

I think in that moment I fell even more in love with Juliet than I already was. She was way too good for me and I don't know what I had done to deserve her or her love. "I know she's special. I almost lost her a couple months ago because I wouldn't open up to her. I went all the way to Missouri to get her. I was an idiot. I don't know how I deserve her."

"You deserve her because you deserve to be happy Billie. She is so much like you it's crazy. And I think that's why it works. You two are so much alike but from what I've seen you two have a lot of things different and that is also what makes it work. Let's go inside yeah." Adrienne went passed me and went into the house. My good mood was slowly disappearing in light of what we were going to talk about next.

"Okay. Let's do this." I said to myself as I turned and walked into the house after Adrienne. I went into the house to see the boy sitting on the couch quietly. "Hey guys why don't you go to your rooms or outside so your mom and I can talk."

"Are you guys going to fight again?" Joey asked quietly.

"No buddy we aren't. We just gonna talk. Promise." Adrienne answered before I could open my mouth. I hoped she was right.

"Okay, come on Jake let's play Tony Hawk. I'll let you play Shaun White." Joey said causing Jake to jump up and run out of the room as Joey followed him slowly looking back at Adrienne and I.

I sat next to Adrienne as she watched to boys leave. "Billie no matter what you think I'm not going to take them away from you. I know that it will be a little more difficult with me in Minnesota but I think we could make it work. Or at least I hope we can. They can visit you whenever they want too. I'll even let them go on tour with you for awhile if you want."

"I just wish you didn't have to move Adrienne. I mean we may not be married anymore but I still love you and you are still my best friend." I said quietly. I was glad I already had this talk with Juliet so I didn't feel guilty for telling Adrienne that I still loved her. I wasn't in love with her by any means and that's what I told Juliet.

"I know Billie. The only reason I'm moving is because Paul has gotten a promotion at the company he works for and he really wants to take it. I don't want to hold him back. I felt like I did that a lot with you. And before you say anything I know that I didn't but it felt that way." She said

"There's no way that his company has a branch here that he could take the position at?" I asked. Looking at her. I wasn't in business like Paul was so I wasn't quite sure how that worked.

"I don't know. Truthfully I didn't think to ask that. If that's the case then maybe I can stay here in California. I don't really want to move. I'll have to talk to him about that. But either way what I said still stands. The boys will still have you in their lives. You'll be able to see them whenever. I promise you that Billie." I looked at Adrienne as she said this standing up.

"Hey before you go would it be alright if I kept the boys for a couple days. That way you could talk to Paul about moving and the wedding without worrying about the boys. Plus I really want to see them. " I smiled at this. I didn't think that supporting Adrienne on moving on would be so easy but it was. Juliet was right again.

"Yeah, that would be great actually. I'm going to go then. Have fun with the boys Billie. Tell them I'll pick them up in a couple days. Also tell Juliet thank you again." Adrienne gave me a small hug before walking to the door and leaving. What I thought was going to be something terrible to go through seemed really easy and only took an hour. 'Juliet should be back from her appointment soon,' I thought looking at the clock.
******************************************************************************
(Juliet POV)
I walked out of the doctor's office with a smile still feeling a little shocked. I unlocked the car and looked down at my stomach. I rubbed my stomach with my left hand. Twins. I couldn't believe that there was two babies in there. I figured I would be much bigger than this. Taking a deep breath I started the car and slowly started backing out of the parking lot. Now to go home and tell Billie the good news. Twins oh my god!
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't own green day or anything associated with them. Story and characters are from my imagination. this is fiction.