Status: Hiatus

Choose, Choose, Choose.

Two

I rolled on my bed, still trying to get back to sleep, but failed. A second later, I heard knocks on the front door. Well, I never thought that I would hear the knocks this loud and clear. I mean, these walls weren't that thin, right? I ignored it because I thought that my Dad was already awake but the knocks kept on continue. I was thinking that I could just open that door but I was so lazy and my bed was too comfy. But in the end, I gave in and decided to get up because I found the knocks were kinda annoying.

I walked towards the door then opened it and walked downstairs straight to the foyer. I took a deep breath before opening the front door. I yawned and rubbed my eyes slowly before looking at the guy that's standing outside the door with a smile on his face, "Hi." I said, slipping my British accent.

"Hello there, Kaylee Jenkins. I've been standing here for 15 minutes, knocking on this door, and hoping that I would see a cheerful of you. But look at you now! It's already 10 AM and you're still in your pajamas." My eyes fully opened as I heard that person’s words. I blinked a few times to see that person clearly. He had that silly smile on his face and his blond hair shagged in front of his forehead. His green eyes were staring straight at me.

"I really am sorry, Kendall. Not that I'm rude or something, but I was still deep in my sleep when you got here. Well, I thought that my Dad was going to open the door for you. But I guess he's still sleeping now." I said slowly to him and he just nodded. Well, I never thought that Kendall would get here this early. I mean he knew that I was having jet lag and always a sleepy head.

"Well, I guess your Dad isn't sleeping anymore. I’m sure that he's going to work." Kendall said and I furrowed my eyebrows. I was about to open my mouth but he cut me off, "Look at that." He pointed his finger to the empty driveway.

"Yeah, you're right." I muttered to him, "Come on," I said then stepped aside so he could come in, "Sorry again, Kendall. I wasn't supposed to let you wait for that long. It's a rude of me." I said again as he stepped inside the house.

"It really is okay, Kaylee. I know that you're having a jet-lag and such. I was just kidding, okay?" He said with a smile and I flashed my teeth at him. I led him to the family room so he could sit and watch something, "Oh! I haven't hugged you, Kaylee! Gosh, I miss you so much!" He added and pulled me in a hug.

"Yeah. I miss you too, Kendall. It's so good to see you again after a long time." I pulled back from the hug and gave him a little smile, "So, what's bring you here, anyway? Don’t you have to be on the set?"

"Well, I got a day off for today and I was thinking to take you sight-seeing." He said and I pursed my lips, thinking about the places that I really wanted to visit in LA.

"Well, just give me some time to take a shower." I said to him then rushed to my room to take a shower and make up my bed.
The sunshine kept me warm. It's just so good to feel the sun shine on my skin cause back in Manchester, I wasn't going out too often. So, yeah, I didn't get the sunshine that often even if it was summer. I just loved being here in LA. I knew that it's my first time coming to LA, but in a minute, I already loved LA. The sun, the street, the palm trees, the beach. Well, it's all about LA.

"How's your Grannie in Manchester?" Kendall asked as we walked down on the sidewalk, eating our ice cream. The sun shined down to us as we kept on walking to nowhere. Kendall said that he's taking me sight-seeing the town and just walking around. So, he parked his car on the beach's parking lot and after a few minutes we spent at the beach, we started to walk around the town.

"She's 75 and still healthy." I answered him then pulled on my shades. I licked my ice cream again and then looked around the shops we passed by. I enjoyed the view for a while before hearing Kendall choke up on his ice cream and stopped walking. I turned to see him curiously and patted his back, "You okay?" I asked him.

He was looking at something across the street when I waved my hand in front of his face. He blinked a few times and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, "I-I'm okay." He said and threw his ice cream to the recycling bin. Okay, there's must be something that bothered him seeing because he wasn't in the mood to eat his ice cream anymore.

"Tell me what's wrong." I stated to him and threw my own ice cream to the recycling bin. Kendall gave me the look that he wasn't going to tell me anything but I raised an eyebrow at him and crossed my arms over my chest. He turned his gaze from me and let out a heavy sigh.

"Fine," he muttered as we started to walk again. I waited for a while until he talked to me about what's bothering him a few minutes ago, "Well, did I ever tell you that I've ever had a girlfriend before?" He asked to me with his eyes on the street.

"Yes. You told me about that on Skype with a smug look that I couldn't handle. Grannie even said that it was ridiculous." Kendall turned to see me and his eyes widened, "I'm kidding about the last part. Okay, now go on."

"I met her a few times at the club and we went into a date. Long story short, I fell in love with her. Everything about her just seemed so perfect. Good smile and laugh, cheerful, and a good listener. She'd been there for me for good and bad times. She's supporting me. She even listened carefully to me when I told her about my boring days on the set or the problems I had. She was everything I wanted.” Kendall said with a little smile on his face like he flashed back to the good times of him and this girl.

"I still remember that day. We planned to go on dinner for our 3 months anniversary and met at the restaurant at 8 PM. She said that I didn't need to pick her up so I just waited for her at the restaurant. I'd been waiting for her for about an hour and there was still no sign of her. I called her a few times but it went to her mailbox. I was starting to feel like there's something wrong going on. So, I walked out from the resto and drove to her house. Then," He paused and I turned to see him again. It was like his breath caught on his throat when he's about to continue this.

"You don't have to tell me more if you don't wanna to. I don't wanna push you." I stated to him with a smile but he shook his head.

"It's okay," He cleared his throat then took a deep breath, "Then when I got at her house, I saw another car on the driveway and I knew that it's not her parents' car. I knocked on the door but nobody opened it for me. So, I walked to back and entered the house from the back door. It was dark inside the house and when I walked to the family room," He paused again and I still waited for him to continue, "I saw her making out with a guy that I saw at the club where she and I met." I gasped and he just shrugged while kept on talking, "So, I talked to her and broke up with her. And a minute ago, I saw her with that guy again." He finally stopped talking and let out a sigh again.

"I’m sorry,” I said with a weak smile, “You're such a good guy and I know that you don't deserve a kind of girl like that. You deserve better. And I know that you'll find it someday." I patted his shoulder.

"Thanks, Kay. Some people said that she's just using me for fame and such but I wasn't really listening to them. But it's just the past, right? It's no big deal anymore. I’ve moved on." He flashed his teeth at me, causing me to smile at him, "Well, how's Trevor? Are you still with him?" My heart sank when he was asking that. I stayed silence and looked down at my feet as we walked, "Tell me what's wrong."

"Um, did really I tell you that his name is Trevor and I dated him?" I asked back and he laughed slightly.

"Yes. You told me that on Skype with a smug look that I couldn't handle." He mocked me and I glared at him, "Kidding, Kay."

"Well, just let me tell you the point." I paused then cleared my throat, "I liked him cause he's funny and kind. He even joined the same club at school with me and we were almost together on every class. Well, then we started to date. And after a month or two, my best friend told me that he's cheating on me and he got that girl pregnant and I broke up with him." I explained and shrugged like it's no big deal to me. I didn't wanna tell him the long story because it would waste our time and I didn't like the topic we're on now.

"Ouch. That must be hurt, Kay. I'm sorry, okay? I know you deserve better." He said to me and slung his arm around my shoulder casually, "You know what, it feels good to tell you about the things that I hid. I mean, I always wanted to tell you about that from a long time ago but I didn't have enough time to contact you."

"It's okay. I know and understand that you're busy." I said to him as I looked around the street again. There were more palm trees and the wind was starting to blow, making the weather wasn't that hot again, "Are we going to have lunch now?"

"Yeah. But let's take the car first." He said and we walked to the beach's parking lot. After we got there, there were many people in the beach. Though it was so hot, they seemed not even care. I stepped in to Kendall's car and he started the car, "Where to?"

"Burger King, please." I said, slipping my British accent and Kendall rolled his eyes at me.

"My pleasure, lady." He said, using his fake British accent too. I laughed at him and shook my head in disbelief, "How your things going?" Kendall asked to me.

"What things?" I asked back to him as I turned on the radio of his car and a John Mayer's song blasted. I leaned on my seat and looked at the window.

"You know the things you always do even when I came to visit you to Manchester a few years ago, you did not stop doing it. You never tell me about that." I glanced at him and nodded slightly.

"Oh. I'll tell you later about that." I said like it's no big deal and he groaned in frustration.

"You always told me that since a few years ago. When will you tell me? I really want to know about that." He complained and I just laughed at him, ignoring his complain.

"Relax, Kendall. My Dad doesn't even know about that so you should be patient because I'm planning to tell you first before my Dad." I explained to him, running my fingers through my hair, and smiled for unknown reason. I glanced at Kendall who's frowning while he's driving. Maybe he's still trying to find a way to make me tell him sooner about 'my things' but I guess he already knows that I won't tell him if the time isn't right.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I wrote this chapter right after I posted the first chapter. I'm going to say thank you for reading this story. And please leave a comment. I need to know what you guys think about this story. Thx :)