Status: Hiatus

Choose, Choose, Choose.

Twenty Four

I held the urge to scream out loud in happiness as I walked out from the elevator to the lobby with Robby by my side. Today, I’m going back to L.A for a few days. Well, actually I have about 3 days off including today and am gonna spend it in L.A for 2 days. Nothing could be better than this. I gotta celebrate my 20th birthday in L.A with my family, friends, and boyfriend. Ah, today was gonna be such a good day, “Why are you smiling like an idiot when you have to wake up at 4 o’clock in the morning?” James asked as I walked towards him and the other guys. James still had this sleep face, Carlos and Kendall talked in small voice about something, and Logan couldn’t stop yawning and rub his eyes.

“I know you guys are so tired, but there are no reasons to not be happy today! We all have days off for 3 days, go back to L.A, and my 20th birthday is tomorrow!” I said happily as I shoved my hand into my jacket pocket.

“I thought you felt so tired. I mean, we all played basketball and messing around with each other for hours and I remember that you were about to pass out yesterday.” Logan spoke up as he yawned again. Um, why did I think that he looked pretty cute when all he did was just yawning and rubbing his tired eyes?

“I’ve had enough sleep last night,” I said shortly and shrugged my shoulders.

“Why are you so hyper today? You haven’t had coffee, right?” Logan asked with a tired sigh and shook his head slowly in disbelief.

“No, I haven’t,” I said with a chuckle.

“Come on, guys. We’re leaving,” Robbie said and we all walked out from the hotel to the parking lot. Robbie and the other crews put our entire luggage in the trunk before we finally headed to the airport. I was in the same car with the guys and on our way to the airport, they didn’t say anything. Kendall who was sitting on my right listened to his iPod entire time to keep him awake and looked out at the empty street and Logan who was sitting on my left kept his eyes on his phone entire time while Carlos and James was sleeping soundlessly in the backseat.

When we arrived at the airport, we waited for about a half hour before finally got into the plane. I got to sit in between Logan and James in the plane. A few minutes after we took off, James instantly drifted off to sleep. I sighed and turned to see Logan who was awake and looking like he wasn’t tired at all, “Don’t you feel tired?” I asked in a small voice, not wanting to make James awake.

“I did, now not again,” he answered and smiled softly, “Why are you so excited, Kay? I’ve never seen you so excited like this.”

“It’s because we’re on our way to L.A right now and my 20th birthday is tomorrow, right? And I get to see Dad, Michelle, and Sterling too,” I said with a sigh as I leaned my head on Logan’s shoulder, “But mostly, it’s because I get to see Sterling in person again. I’m tired of seeing his face on my laptop screen every time.”

“You look like you’re in love with him. Well, you love him, don’t you?” Logan asked suddenly that made me to gulp hardly and stop breathing for a few seconds. It’s such a simple question but it took so long for me to answer it. Do I love him? I think I’ve never been in love before, but with Sterling it felt a bit different. It’s just he makes me a bit happier than I was before.

“After all these months I spent with Sterling, I did feel so happy. I felt so happy to be with him. I know we don’t see each other in person that much after I went on tour with you and the others, but-“

“Kaylee,” Logan cut me off, “I’m not asking for explanation to you. I’m just asking a simple ‘yes or no’ question,” He chuckled, “So, do you love him?” he asked again.

I gulped hardly and shut my eyes, letting all the moments I have spent with Sterling playing in my mind for a few seconds. I thought about our first date, that day we spent on the beach together, the crazy and stupid things we did on the day before I went on tour, “Look, Logan, before I answer that, can I tell you something?”

“Uh, sure…” He said, unsure.

I caught a breath before saying, “Well, I felt so happy to be with him and I might feel a little bit lonely when he’s not around me. But sometimes, there are these days when I don’t wanna get bothered by him and his phone calls and his cheesy words and when I feel bored and tired of all the same questions he throws on me. Sometimes, I think that he doesn’t miss me at all because we talk only for a few minutes every day then he would hang up and say that he has to do something and such. I realize that we aren’t as close as before.”

“Well, that’s okay. It’s normal to feel that when you’re not around him or him not around you because you have to leave to do your job. Sometimes, ‘what if’s would run into your mind and make you feel bad about your relationship. I’ve been through like this before. It would turn out fine in the end, though,”

“The thing is… I’ve ever thought about breaking up with him because I’m so far away from him and afraid that he would hurt me by cheating on behind my back. Sometimes I think we need a break before he breaks my heart by cheating with someone because I’m never around. Gosh, this is so not healthy. Why am I thinking like this? Gosh, I’m about to go crazy,” I sighed loudly and immediately regretted the things I just said. I hated the fact that Logan has this effect to make me tell him everything that’s on my mind.

“About-“

“Oh my God, stop talking, would you? I’m trying to get some sleep here!” James protested from beside me.

“Sorry,” Logan and I muttered in a small voice to James and then James finally got back to his sleep.

“Uh, that means we should sleep right now,” Logan said with a chuckle.

“Yeah. Uh, Logan, you don’t mind, right, if I lean like this on your shoulder?” I asked him and looked up to see him.

“Nah, it’s fine,” He said, “Well, goodnight, Kaylee,” he kissed my head before resting his head on the back of the seat and we drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~


Logan

“Ah, we’re finally here,” Kaylee said with a blissful sigh when we were waiting in the baggage claim for our luggage. I could see a smile in her beautiful face and her eyes sparkled as she said that.

“You’re going to see him, aren’t you?” I asked as I looked around and noticed Kendall watching us from where he stood with Dustin and Carlos.

“Yeah. I’m planning to give him a little surprise by coming to his house before going home. I just can’t wait another minute to see him in person again after a while,” she said happily, “Ah, Robbie, let’s go!” she called Robbie when she saw that Robbie already had her luggage, “You’ll be at Kendall’s until dinner, right?” I nodded my head, “I’ll see you at Kendall’s, then.” She kissed my cheek and said goodbyes to the others before walking away with Robbie.

When we already got out luggage, we walked towards our car and got bombarded by some questions from the paparazzi that already waited for us. We’re all going to Kendall’s to talk about Kaylee’s birthday. We wanted to make it special to her so we’re going to make some surprises for her, “Where is Kaylee going?” Kendall asked me when we arrived at his house.

“I dunno. To Sterling’s maybe? Or Michelle’s?” I answered him and walked in to the house with Carlos and James. We all sat on the couches in the family room. There was a silence for a little while before Carlos spoke up.

“So, Kaylee’s birthday is tomorrow. What are we gonna do?” He asked and looked at me.

“I’m gonna buy her an iPhone.” Kendall answered shortly and I just rolled my eyes playfully at him. Kendall’s been saying that over and over again for past few days.

“Hey, James, I think you told us a few days ago about making a party for Kaylee at the beach?” I turned to see James and he smiled widely at me.

“Ah, yeah. So, we’re gonna make a surprise party for her at my family’s beach house in Malibu. There wouldn’t be a lot of people, just us, her friends, and family. I already called Michelle to take care of it and she said she already did. We only have to take the cake from the cake shop tomorrow morning then head off the beach house to set it all up.” James explained.

“Logan, you have to distract her.” Carlos said to me and I was taken a back.

“What? Why me? Why not Kendall? He’s her cousin, you know,” I said with a chuckle and shook my head in disbelief.

“Well, maybe I’m her cousin but because you like her, so you have to distract her. Besides, I’m positive it would be easy for you to distract her. You can take her to the park or something… maybe ask her to have lunch together and such…” Kendall trailed off and shrugged his shoulders casually. Smartass.

“Michelle already handled the guest list. She informed every Kaylee’s close friend and told them to come to the beach house at about 3pm tomorrow. We basically don’t have to do anything. We just have to go there and make sure that the party would turn out great.” James said and smiled happily.

“So you guys will head out to the beach house in the morning and I will stick with her until the night and make sure that she doesn’t know about the party? Great. It’s like I don’t do anything for her,” I spoke up, slightly annoyed.

“Ah, come on, Logan! You know you’re happy with the fact that you gotta be just with her until the night.” Carlos said and laughed slightly at me. I grabbed a cushion and threw it at him, “Dude!”

Kendall was about to open his mouth and say something but got cut off by the sound of the car that pulled up in the driveway. We turned to see who it was from the window and realized that it was only Kaylee and Robbie. A split second later, the front door opened and I could hear footsteps coming.

“Kaylee?” Kendall spoke up and jogged to the foyer, “Kaylee, are you okay?” I could hear that Kendall was worried and concern, “Kaylee!” Soon after that, I saw Kaylee running to the upstairs and the door slammed close.

“Dude, what happened?” I asked as Kendall walked back again to the family room. He plopped down on the couch and shut his eyes for a while.

“Kaylee just got here and cried her eyes out. And she wouldn’t talk to me. Something might happen between her and that jerk.” Kendall said in a slight angry tone. This made me mad. Well, not completely mad, but yeah, you know… I needed to ask her what happened and just being all good and care to her. But before I could stand up and walk to Kaylee’s room, Kendall said, “She needs to be alone, Logan,”

“Yeah, I know,” I spoke up in a small voice and sighed loudly, “Okay, let’s just talk again about the party for tomorrow,” I said to the guys and they shrugged their shoulder.

Before I could even pay attention to the conversation, I suddenly remembered about Kaylee’s words, “…Sometimes I think we need a break before he breaks my heart by cheating with someone because I’m never around…” I think, it’s too late. Before she could even say ‘it’s over’ to Sterling, he might already break her heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, there!! I'm so happy because the finals week has just passed! Yippieee~ :D
So, what do you think? Leave comments, please? It would mean a lot to me :)