Just Say You're Not Into It.

11

I stood in the middle of the living room head back, arms spread, staring at the ceiling fan.
"You okay babe?" I was snapped from my trance and looked at James and smiled.
"I'm fucking lovely right now." I confirmed. He took my hand and spun me in a circle before I stumbled my way out the back door to smoke a cigarette. I paced back and forth as I smoked and James sat in the patio chair and watched me.
"I feel like a fucking jungle cat right now."
"What?" I flicked my cigarette to the ground before walking towards the screen door to the yard.
"I feel like a jungle cat." I repeated, getting down on all fours in the grass outside.

"Get down here." I called, and he did as I asked. We cralwed next to each other in the grass.
"What if I wanted to pounce you?" He raised an eyebrow.
"What?" I didn't answer. Instead, I pounced on him, knocking him into the grass. We both laid there laughing for a while. At least. It felt like a while but when we got back inside it felt like nothing had happened. Like we'd never even been outside. I managed to climb my way onto the kitchen counter and laid on my back. James sat at the table across the room with the head leaned back against the wall, also staring at the ceiling. The front door clicked open and I turned my head to see Logan enter my kitchen.

"What're you doing here?"
"I could ask you the same thing, Alexandria." There he goes, using my whole fucking name again.
"Why're you in my house, Henderson?"
"I looked at my calendar wrong, and I have to finish a project that was due today. Kendall said no one was here, so." He trailed off.
"That's fine." I nodded at James. "We're going to my room anyways."