Status: Weekly updates,

You Make Me Sick

July 12, 1852

He dove under with her, eager to reach out and scare her by tugging on her leg but before he could even- pain rocketed up his arms. He wanted to scream, but he was under water. Just as he was yanked, he felt the sensation of his shirt being lightly brushed before shooting up from his position.

__________________

He was in his small, cramped room. Still bound to his bed. To his utmost annoyance, the source of his awakening wasn't his mysterious illness but the priest burning a cross into both his arms.
"Free him, Satan!" He called out in Latin, "Your devils have no power over he, he's protected by god!"

Without really thinking about the situation, Pierce growled in fury before realizing this group of over-zealous morons would think it a demon possessing him. Sure enough, three pairs of eyes turned to him- widened in horror and fear.
"Shit- no. That wasn't what you-"
He was cut off by the priest throwing water in his eyes, "BE GONE!" He nearly broke Pierce's ear drums with his banshee shriek.
"I'M PISSED OFF NOT POSSESSED!" Pierce yelled back at the top of his lungs, instant silence.
"Oh, precious lord." Miss Bethany cried into her hands as she covered her face with gloved hands in the portrait of over-played sorrow and desperation.
His master's eyes focused down on the wooden floor in shame- probably for not noticing the signs of his possession- which would no doubt be fictional.

"I'm free. God, my father, who ought be in heaven. Hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, as earth as in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive.." He recited the simplistic prayer in a drawling voice, clearly annoyed. As he finished he huffed, yanking at his restrains.
"There see? Demons can't recite no damn prayer."
"H-He's right." Miss Bethany sniffled. The muddy blond haired woman collapsed against Pierce's chest. "I was so s-s-scared!" She sobbed, once again shedding tears. His master pulled her off and escorted her out of the room, motioning the father to follow. As the door clicked shut, Pierce sighed heavily.

"Thank god." He groaned, once again tugging at his bounds as the second degree cross shaped burns began to pulse with pain.

_______________________

He was released after a few more hours to "make sure the demon really was vanquished." Or so they said. He demanded them to leave him alone as he went for a walk. He needed peace. Sleep. To see Abby once more, to explain why he had suddenly looked in pain and disappeared on him. Knowing the kind-hearted girl, she was worried.

Finally at his oak tree, he slipped down the trunk to a lazy, slumped position and rubbed absently at his bandaged arms from the burns. Forever engraved with the mark of Christ. How grand, right? Sighing heavily, mainly from exhaustion from the day's events, he drifted off.

But he did not dream.
Wait..no..Abbigale.
The words echoed before he slipped into nothing but black.