Status: Weekly updates,

You Make Me Sick

July 12, 2010

Waking up and realizing that she couldn't remember dreaming overcame Abbigale. Her head rest on the arm of the couch. She was alone, sun shining through the window-- a yellow light which filled her entire apartment.

She slung her legs over the cushions and stretched. For the first time in weeks, she didn't get light headed when she stood up.

Food was a cinch. Her cooking even tasted better than usual. She didn't feel sick after her meal, either.

Strangely enough, Abbigale felt energized. Like she hadn't ever been sick at all. She could do simple things, like getting dressed, going to the bathroom, and taking a long shower without tiring. She was left feeling refreshed and wanting do do more. It had been so long since she was able to do things on her own.

She put on a pair of tennis shoes and opened her door to find a beautiful beach just outside her entree way. Pierce was on the edge of the water, trousers pulled up to his knees to keep them from getting wet.

"Pierce!"

The sunshine touched his eyes when he spun around to look at her, his smile bright.

She rand to him, stopping just at the edge of the water. "I didn't know I was dreaming at first."

"Did you wake up in your home?" He inquired.

His voice gave her gooseflesh. "If you can call it a home. Or waking up." She sighed and he took her hand, placing a kiss on it. "How did you know?"

"The house where I live was just over the sand. Where you appeared moments ago."

"I'm so happy I found you." Abbigale kicked off her shoes and buried her toes in the damp sand, letting the tide wash in over her feet. "Seeing you while I sleep is what I look forward to every day... You're, like, the best person I know-- and I don't really even know you. Is that strange?"

"Not at all. You've stolen the words from my lips, Abbigale." He grinned with a devilish gleam in his eyes. Slowly he bent over, dipped his fingers in the water, and flicked the droplets at her face.

"Hey!" She shouted, giggling. She scooped up some water in her palms and tossed it at him.

He tried to wear a serious persona, failing miserably. "That was uncalled for." He laughed. Still, he bent over and splashed at her, soaking her running shorts.

"That is it!" She announced, jumping toward him. Pierce lost his footing and they both fell back into the shallow water. His fingers found their way to her ribs and he started tickling her. She snorted and flailed in protest, begging him to stop. Tears streaked from her eyes.

She scrambled to her feet and ran toward deeper waters, diving in once she'd waded to her chest. When she opened her eyes her was under with her. His face was scrunched in pain. Reaching out, her fingers just brushed his billowing white shirt, he disappeared. Right before her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?