Free Falling

Really Tough Or Really Really Stupid

"At least tell me what I should wear," I asked as Travis and I sat in the living room together. We were sitting on the couch and I had my feet on his lap.

"Something nice, but casual," he said after he thought about it for a second. "Jeans, t-shirt. Just your normal clothes."

"Clothes are overrated," I said crossing my arms and pouting.

"That they are," Travis said smirking. "But I don't really want you to get arrested so clothes are a requirement."

"Ugh, if I must," I said sighing dramatically. I pushed myself off the couch and went up to my room. I grabbed my favorite pair of jeans and a nice shirt that I got from a sponsor. Got to love being sponsored by one of your favorite clothing brands. You get tons of free shit.

A shower was next on the agenda. A nice, long hot shower. Something I had not had in a long time. Being in the same house as a bunch of guys who like playing dirty tricks on me while I'm not distracted is not fun.

***

We were leaving the house when Jeremy ran out to the truck.

"Travis, you better take care of her," I heard him whisper.

"Will do man," Travis said. He backed out of the driveway and started driving towards town.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Dinner and a surprise," he said smiling.

"Why can't you just tell me?"

"Cause it wouldn't be a surprise if I did," he said sticking his tongue out at me.

"Sometimes you make me want to club a baby seal," I said glaring at him.

" Don't do that! They are so cute! So adorable!" he said. " Baby seals are just so cute and fluffy. Ahhh!"

"What? Travis, you are very strange sometimes."

"I know, but you like me so it all works out."

We had dinner at a quiet little hole in the wall. I had never even heard of the place so I was impressed that Travis found an amazing restaurant, in a town he had never been in, that I had never heard of. Nevertheless, it had amazing food.

We talked about everything while we ate. Although, Travis stayed away from the topic of me quitting racing, which I was happy for. Even I didn't really know why I stopped so telling Travis would be difficult. I did have a feeling he was going to bring up later though.

"Where are we going now?" I asked Travis as we walked through a dirt parking lot in the dark.

"You'll see," he said smirking as he led the way. I had a firm grasp on his hand as we walked. Travis stopped all of the sudden and pulled me to his side. Soon after, the light turned on all around us. I looked all around. We were standing in the middle of the first track I ever raced on.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"I asked Jeremy the other night. I called up the owners and told them I would come to a race to publicize if they let me use the track for the night."

"Wow," I mumbled. "Thank you, Travis. This is absolutely amazing."

"I wanted you to remember why you started racing in the first place. So I brought you here."

"I remember my first race," I said smiling. "I was terrible. I crashed so many times, but I got right back again. At least I didn't hurt myself too bad or finish last."

"That's good," he said grinning.

"I was getting so frustrated with myself, but I had so much fun. Oh my gosh, the first time I passed someone. Shit, I was the worst."

"But look how good you are now. You've worked so hard to get where you are. Why should you stop when its just the beginning? You're talented, Dylan."

"Thank you, Travis, for bringing me here. You've made me realize that I can't just quit, but I still think I need a break."

"Yeah?" Travis said.

"Yeah."

"You know I care about you, Dylan? More than I like to admit. You are one of the toughest girls I know. I mean, what other girl could collide with a tree and basically jump up and says they're fine. You are either really tough or really really stupid."

"What are you getting at, Travis?" I said smiling.

"I like you, Dylan. And I would like it very much if you became my girlfriend," Travis said stuttering a bit.

"Oh, Travis," I said grinning. "I would very much like to be your girlfriend." He smiled, pulled me close, and kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I suck at updating but slowly I will finish this!