Free Falling

Only In Your Dreams

"Why the hell didn't you become a skater?" Bam asked. We had been skating nonstop in the backyard since I got back. It had been nice doing something else besides dirt biking, but I missed it already.

"I like engines better," I said shrugging. "And skating was just something I did on the side because of a boyfriend I had back then, and I ended up being pretty good at it."

"Yeah, no kidding," Bam said. "You could get sponsored, Dylan."

"I've been trying to tell her that," Jeremy said smiling.

"I love skating, but there's just something about dirt bikes," I said.

"It's probably the vibrations," Bam said smirking. "Gives you that tingling feeling."

"Shut up," I said pushing him away.

"Oh, I think it's true," he said. He put his hand on my thigh. "You know since you're not going to be riding as much, I can help you satisfy yourself."

"Only in your dreams," I said brushing his hand away.

"Bam, you better be careful. She'll make you regret even thinking that," Jeremy said with a huge smile on his face.

"And how would she do that?" Bam said smirking.

"I have my ways," I said standing up. "Do you guys want some food?"

"Yes, I'm wasting away right now," Jeremy said as he rubbed his stomach.

"Whatever, you're always hungry," I said rolling my eyes. "I wanna go to Kelly's Pub. I haven't been there in forever."

"Never heard of it," Bam said.

"It has the best burgers I have ever had," Jeremy said.

"We'll have to see about that," Bam said as we walked into the house.

We drove to the pub not too long after that. We got there, and too a table towards the back.

"I know it doesn't look like much, but their food is absolutely amazing," I said as Bam looked around.

"Hey Dylan, Jeremy," the waitress, Julie, said. "How's it going?"

"Not too bad," I said smiling. "Julie, this is Bam. He's been staying with us the past few days."

"Nice to meet you Bam," Julie said flashing her white teeth. "Hopefully Dylan hasn't kicked your ass too many times."

"Hey, you're suppose to be on my side," I said laughing. "And he deserves it every time I beat his ass anyways."

We had our burgers and talked and had a few drinks. Well, Jeremy and I had a few; Bam had many. Overall, we had a good time.

When we got back to the house, there was an unfamiliar truck sitting in the driveway.

"Bam, do you know whose truck that is?" I asked as we jumped out. Jeremy pulled Bam to his feet.

"No fucking clue," he said as Jeremy dragged him towards the house.

"I'm going to check around the backyard and the shop," I said. Jeremy nodded and took Bam into the house. I walked around the house to the ramps. There was a guy sitting on the tallest ramp. "Hey buddy, who the hell do you think you are?" I couldn't tell who it was as he slid down the ramp, until he got closer. "Travis," I said as he walked towards me. "What are you doing here?"

"I came here for you," Travis said smiling. "I missed you, and I was wrong about what I said, I'm glad that I kissed you, and I'm sorry for pushing you away." Before he could say any more, I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a big hug.

***

"Okay, I think your house is awesome," Travis said after I has showed him around.

"Its not near as cool as your house." We collapsed on the couch.

"Yeah, you're right. My house is cooler than yours," he said smirking.

"Whatever," I said rolling my eyes. "So how long are you staying?"

"Three days," he said. "And then I was kinda, maybe hoping that you would go back with me."

"Travis," I said not sounding very sure. "I kinda quit racing and everything for a while."

"I know," he said smiling. "I saw your interview. I still want you to come even if you just sit there and watch us, but I have a feeling you can't just watch."

"I don't know, Travis. I'll have to think about it."

"What's there to think about?"

"I've barely been at home the past three months. I miss my friends. Jeremy and Bam are here. All I've done since I was 16 is ride dirt bikes. Its nice not having to have to ride everyday."

"Okay. Well, think about it."

***

"Dylan, don't plan anything tonight," Travis said to me the next morning while we ate breakfast. "I want to take you somewhere."

"Take me where?" I asked. For all I knew, he could taking me to jump out of a plane.

"Its a surprise," Travis said grinning.

"Do you guys know what he's planning?" I asked Jeremy and Bam, who were silently eating and listening to our conversation.

"Um, no," Jeremy said glancing at Travis.

"You guys are so mean to me," I said. "I thought you guys were my friends."