Status: Finished!

Find Me On My Better Days

Find Me On My Better Days

In front of me I saw Johnny and Zacky. Both of them shit-faced. I noticed a half-empty bottle of Jack Daniels in Johnny’s hand.
“What’s up, Jenna?” Zacky asked, he tried to have a seductive voice, but it was slurred and hard to understand what he was saying. Johnny was no better.
“Zacky! You see what’s up! She’s standing in the doorway, talking to the most beautiful men she’d ever known!” They both found this hysterically funny and cracked up. I yanked them inside, didn’t want them to wake up the entire neighbourhood. I sighed as they went to the living room and literally passed out on my couch. I picked up the phone and rang Matt. He asked at the second ring.
“What?” he snarled. I felt my throat thicken for no reason.
“Uhm.. Johnny and Zacky’s here. They both are shit-faced, and I can’t take them home, since I’m busy packing.” The phone line was silent for a couple of seconds. I could hear Matt breathe deeply before he said: “I’ll be there in five.” Then he hung up.

Matt kept his promise, he came after five minutes. We said nothing to each other as we carried Zacky and Johnny to Matt’s truck. Once we had made sure they would be safe, Matt seized my arm.
“What are you packing for?” His eyes looked deep into mine, as if he was trying to read my mind.
“I’m moving. Figured that would be the best thing?” I said sternly. His face looked disappointed and mostly hurt, but it disappeared so fast, I thought I’d just imagined it. He nodded and got in the truck. Then he left. I reckoned this would be the last time I would see him. I was wrong.

It was the day I would leave for Arizona. I had fixed myself an apartment and a job as a pre-school teacher. I knew that I would never be happy. I loved Zacky with all my heart, I would miss Johnny. I would never find anyone as great as him. I would miss Matt and his dimples, his humour and how he treated me as a sister. I would miss Brian and his cockiness, no one could ever replace any of them. I didn’t care if Matt didn’t consider me as a part of their family, I would forever consider them as my family. Tears streamed down my face, and I grabbed my last suitcase. I looked around in the empty room, saying goodbye to all my memories. I would be happy, but I would be forever alone. This was something I knew and I didn’t really care. Mostly because I knew that those I loved more than anything would be better off this way. I sighed and opened the front door. I carried my suitcase out in the car and went back to lock the door. I had to sit on the porch and wait for those who had bought the house, so I decided to listen to my iPod. I closed my eyes and listened to ‘summertime’ by My Chemical Romance. I imagined that everything would be okay.

Someone shook my arm. I opened my eyes carefully, the sun shone so bright that I couldn’t see who was standing in front of me. The person in front of me lifted me up and gave me a great hug, almost crushed me, would be a better description.
“Can’t.. Breathe!” I tried to say, but it came out as more of a whisper. I could feel the person chuckle, couldn’t hear it, I was still listening to my iPod. The person removed the music from my ears and when I heard his voice and what he said, I was surprised.
“You’re not running away from us, Jenna. We let you down when we didn’t listen to you two years ago, but now.. You’re not going anywhere. You belong with us, I’m here to take you to your new home, and I’m not talking about fucking Arizona.” I gave him a glare and crossed my arms.
“I thought you said I wasn’t a part of your family? And how did you know about Arizona?” My voice was cold and distant, he had hurt me so badly.
“I was angry. I said things I didn’t mean. Jenna, please, forgive me, you know I love you. And as an answer to your last question,” He smiled widely, his dimples made him look gorgeous, “Let’s just say I know people that know people.” I had to smile at this. When he saw my smile, he gave me another bone-crushing hug.
“Matt!” I exclaimed, “I can’t breathe!” He smiled viciously to me, and threw me over his shoulders. I screamed and slapped his ass.
“Ooh, I like that.” He said dead serious and with his dark, sexy voice. I had to laugh at this.
“You sound like Brian.” I laughed. This time he slapped my ass.
“Do not!” He said, I could hear the smile in his voice. He threw me inside of his truck and ran over to the driver’s side.
“Is this considered kidnapping?” I asked when he drove out on the street. He smiled, but didn’t say anything.
“What about my stuff?”
“Jenna, it’s all taken care of. We have kidnapped your stuff, and moved it to your new home.” I frowned.

We had been in the car at least an hour. Matt and I had talked about everything, just like we did when I was with Jimmy. We drove past a church, and Matt stopped. I frowned.
“You have to see someone here, Jenna.” Matt stated simply. He got out of the truck and opened my door. He seized my hand and led me to a grave.

Beloved Son, Brother, Best Friend
James Owen Sullivan
1981 – 2009
Jimmy jumped into life
and never touched bottom

I felt the tears sting in my eyes.
“Hey, Jimmy.” I said softly, my voice shook and I wanted to cry badly. But I didn’t do it.
“I’m sorry for everything. We would’ve had a beautiful girl on two years now, Jimmy. I named her Claire.” The tears streamed down my face, but I didn’t notice them.
“I’ll always love you, Jimmy.” I felt a couple of arms wrap around my waist. I turned around and wrapped my arms tightly against Zacky’s neck. I felt his scent embrace me.
“Jenna, I’m so sorry for all the shit I’ve been putting you through. Please, forgive me? I promise I’ll never hurt you ever again.” I looked straight into his eyes.
“I forgive you Zacky.” He kissed my forehead gently.
“I love you, Jenna.”
“I love you to, Zacky. But what about Gena and Johnny?”
“Johnny loves you, but not boyfriend love you. Even though Matt might thought he did. And what about Gena?”
“She told me she’s pregnant with your child.” He looked directly into my eyes, making sure I knew he wasn’t lying.
“We thought she was pregnant. She wasn’t. Thank God!” I nodded and hugged him again. He held me and took a deep breath.
“Hey Jimbo. I need to ask for your approval for something.” He caressed my back as he said this.
“Can I please marry your ex-girlfriend?” His words surprised me. A warm wind blew around us, and made us held each other tighter. Zacky chuckled and mumbled in my hair: “I guess that’s a yes.” He pushed me one step back and got down on his knees.
“Jenna Thompson, will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?” I smiled.
“Off course I wanna marry you, Zachary James Baker!” He got up and kissed me passionately.
“But what about my job and apartment in Arizona?” I asked him concerned. He got an embarrassed look on his face and scratched his neck.
“Well, uhm, here’s the thing. We have already taken your stuff and moved it to my place. Brian called the owner of your apartment and told him that there would be no deal, and well.. Johnny kind of told your boss that you won’t start.” I looked at him, my mouth was wide open. He continued.
“We were positive you would say yes.” He smirked and I laughed. Then a new concern hit me.
“Zacky, what about children?”
“What about them, Jenna? We can adopt. As long as I’m with you, it doesn’t matter. I love you.” I kissed him, and all the other guys came and hugged us. I guess Zacky found me on my better days. I couldn’t be happier and kissed the man I loved. Finally things were going my way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter. Please, can someone take, like, thirty seconds to tell me what they think of this story? Good or bad - just tell me : )
I really would appreciate it : )