Status: Please comment :)

Save Me

Epilogue;

Five Years Later...

RaeLynn Meadows groaned as another wave of nausea passed over her. Her breathing was labored and her throat burned from the acid of the bile that constantly rose from her stomach. This had been happening for nearly a month and it was becoming harder for her to hide from her boyfriend and her friends. Just as RaeLynn thought her stomach finally settled, more bile arose in her throat and she vomited for the umpteenth time that afternoon. After five minutes of nonstop dry heaving, RaeLynn pulled herself off her bathroom floor, flushed the toilet, brushed her teeth, and stumbled downstairs into her living room.

“Hey, baby, how are you feeling?” RaeLynn’s boyfriend, Matt, asked her as he wrapped his arms around his weak girlfriend.

“I’m fine; it must have been something I ate earlier.” RaeLynn swiftly lied causing a sigh to pass through Matt’s lips. He knew she lying through her teeth; he could see through her as if she were a piece of glass. RaeLynn placed her lips on Matt’s before he could protest.

“Baby, I’m okay. It’s nothing to worry about.” RaeLynn lied once again. She pecked Matt’s lips before walking into the kitchen, pouring herself a glass of Ginger Ale in hopes that it would help soothe her upset stomach. Once she was certain that the nausea was kept at bay, she walked into the living room and sat on Matt’s lap. Matt smiled and pulled her close to his chest, wrapping his arms around her. RaeLynn’s hands rested on her stomach, partially out of worry and partially out of nagging knowledge.

“What if he’s not ready for this? What if he doesn’t want this? What if he leaves me?” RaeLynn thought to herself and she slipped into her own world, thinking of all the horrific possibilities that could play out if her suspicions were confirmed. Matt, having noticed the distant yet worried look on his girlfriend’s face, pecked her lips, instantly receiving her attention.

“Are you okay, baby?” Matt asked as he intertwined his fingers with RaeLynn’s. RaeLynn smiled sheepishly and nodded.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” RaeLynn stated as she removed herself from Matt’s lap and briskly walked upstairs. She glanced behind her in hopes that Matt stayed downstairs and walked into their bathroom, instantly locking the door. RaeLynn took a deep breath before stepping forward and grasping the test in her hands. The thin stick instantly fell from her hands and a scream emitted from her throat. Within seconds, RaeLynn heard brutal pounding coming from the bathroom door.

“RaeLynn, are you okay?! Open the door, baby!” Matt screamed as he repeatedly pounded on the bathroom door. When RaeLynn didn’t answer the door, he kicked it in and immediately gathered RaeLynn in his arms.

“Baby, what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” Matt asked frantically, wiping RaeLynn’s tears and repeatedly pecking her lips.

“Come on, baby. You gotta talk to me, please.” Matt said hysterically. RaeLynn looked up at her boyfriend, uncertainty buried deep in her eyes.

“I’m…I’m p-pregnant, Matt.” RaeLynn whispered, instantly burying her face in the crook of Matt’s neck. Matt chuckled lightly and stroked her hair. He lifted her chin, locking his eyes with her and captured her lips in a passionate kiss.

“That’s great, baby. That’s absolutely wonderful. Why are you upset?” Matt questioned before wiping away RaeLynn’s stray tears. RaeLynn sniffled before speaking.

“You mean…y-you w-want to keep the baby?” RaeLynn mumbled. Matt pecked her lips and nodded.

“Of course I want to keep the baby. You just made me the happiest guy in this world and I wouldn’t ask for any other woman to be the mother of my child.” Matt whispered against RaeLynn’s lips before kissing her once more. He gently stood with her in his arms and placed her on the floor in front of him. RaeLynn looked at her boyfriend with a questioning twinkle in her eyes and Matt smiled slightly before retrieving a black velvet box out of his pocket. He held the box firmly in his hands as he spoke.

“These past few years have been one hell of a ride for us, RaeLynn. We’ve been through many trials and tribulations and we’ve suffered from intense emotional pain. But, no matter how much of a rollercoaster ride it’s been, I’ve loved you through it all and nothing will ever change that. Baby, I wanna be with you for as long as I live. I promise to cherish you; I promise to give myself to you and only you. I promise to always be there for you whenever you need me and I promise to give you the love and support you deserve. I promise to be everything you need and more, baby. Will you marry me?” Matt stated with a slight tremor in his voice. He swiftly opened the tiny box to reveal a silver diamond engagement ring. Tears streamed from RaeLynn’s eyes and she couldn’t form the words to accept Matt’s proposal. Therefore, as an alternative, she nodded shyly before capturing Matt’s lips in a searing kiss. Matt smiled into the kiss and slipped the ring on RaeLynn’s ring finger.

“How about we celebrate our engagement, baby?” Matt whispered huskily into his fiancée’s ear causing a giggle to escape her lips. She looked into his eyes before kissing him as they stumbled to their bed, setting off an entire night of events.

Image


“Do you, Matthew Charles Sanders, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish, ‘til death do you part?” Matt smiled as these words were being recited to him in question.

“I do.” Matt stated simply before taking the wedding ring in his hand and slipping it on RaeLynn’s ring finger. The very place her engagement ring resided just a mere five months before.

“And do you, RaeLynn Denise Meadows, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish, ‘til death do you part?” Tears made themselves known as RaeLynn took in the reality of what was happening. She was getting married. Never in her dreams had she thought that she’d meet someone as passionate and as caring as the man standing before her. Matt chuckled lightly before gently wiping away RaeLynn’s tears, resting his hand on her cheek. RaeLynn placed a chaste kiss to the inside of Matt’s palm and smiled.

“I do.” RaeLynn managed to whisper before placing the wedding ring on Matt’s ring finger.

“You may now kiss the bride.” Matt seized RaeLynn in his arms and kissed her passionately, nearly breaking away from the world around him.

“I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Sanders.” An eruption of claps and cheers flooded the newlyweds’ ears and Matt scooped RaeLynn into his arms bridal style. He kissed her as he walked down the aisle. Matt chuckled when he and his wife were doused with rice and rose petals. He gently placed her on the ground before turning to his groomsmen.

“Congratulations, man. I never thought you of all people would be the first to get married out of the group.” Brian stated as he patted Matt on the back. Matt laughed along with his friends and smiled when he saw RaeLynn laughing with her bridesmaids. Brian followed his gaze and smiled when his locked with Camille’s. Matt nudged him lightly in the ribs before chuckling.

“Never know, man. You could be next.” Matt stated playfully before saying goodbye to his friends and gave his parents a hug goodbye. He briskly walked over to his wife and wrapped his arms around her.

“Ready to go, baby?” Matt questioned before placing a soft kiss behind her ear. RaeLynn giggled and nodded before hugging her friends and parents goodbye. She walked hand-in-hand with Matt to his awaiting car. RaeLynn climbed into Matt’s car along with her husband and they drove away from the wedding chapel. RaeLynn intertwined her fingers with Matt’s and watched him as he drove. She smiled contently and realized that the man sitting beside her truly cared for her and loved her for who she was. And quite frankly…that was all she really wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well...this is it...this is the end.
This chapter is dedicated to XAskingAlexandriaX & Undead Angel.
I'm actually quite saddened...I'm not ready to part from this story. *sniffle*
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
I also hope you all enjoyed RaeLynn's journey.
I did.
-----
Thanks to all the commenters who have inspired me to keep pushing with this story!
yellowjellybean14
XAskingAlexandriaX
Te'Amo_Alexx
Star Angel
shutupstevie
Undead Angel
CoolStory.Lynn
trisha808

I greatly appreciate your comments! Thank you so much :D
Much appreciation and love also goes out to all the subscribers who have stuck with this story from the beginning to the end!
See you soon! ♥