Sequel: August Is Over
Status: Active. Comments = Updates

Secret Valentine

Zack Know's

“Alex?!”

Oh shit. I knew that voice. I was currently in the next town over shopping with Lexi in my arms. I felt my heartbreak increase as I turned to see Zack and Mandy walking right toward me. I had no way to hide my face or anything.

“Zack! Mandy!” I greeted. “What's up?”

Zack looked at Lex, then at me. He repeated this step so many times that it started to confuse Lexi.

“Daddy, what's he doing?” She asked as she laid her head on my shoulder.

“Daddy?” Zack whispered.

“Princess, he's just confused. Why don't you say hello?”

“Hey there,” Mandy smiled. “What's your name?”

“Lexi.” She replied almost quietly. She tugged on my 'L' necklace again. She does that a lot.

“There's the answer to the mysterious L necklace.” Zack almost chuckled. “You look just like your daddy.”

“That's what mommy says.” Lexi replied.

Mandy looked at me in shock.

“Really? Who is your mom, Lexi?”

Mandy happened to go to my school, unlike Zack. She knew everything about everyone... well almost everyone. Mandy was a nice girl though.

“Alyson.” She replied.

“Alyson James?” Mandy was talking to me.

I wanted so bad to ignore her question.

“Um.....yeah.” I replied.

“Daddy?”

“Yeah?” I turned my attention toward Lexi.

“Can I go play at the park?”

“Maybe tomorrow, Princess. Your bed time is coming up, and we need to get home.”

“Home? I thought that you went with your family?”

“Zack, it's my first weekend with my daughter alone. Can we talk before band practice on Tuesday or something?” I asked. “I just want this weekend to turn out special.”

“It will,” Mandy nodded.

“I will be over around nine to talk about why you have a secret child.” Zack stated.

“Lexi secret?” She asked. Before I could even answer, Zack held out his hands.

“Can I hold you, Lexi?”

“Yeah!” She stated. I laughed as I handed her to Zack. She clung to his neck as he held her. It was sort of sweet. “You know my daddy?”

“Yeah, I do.” He smiled. “He happens to be one of my best friends.”

Mandy smiled at her, and looking at all of my little girls features.

“Lexi, you look so much like your parents.” She told her. Lexi giggled. Mandy looked oer at me. “Do you realize how stupid you are right?”

I was a little shocked.

“What?”

“You've hidden your daughter from your best friends, and you've let Alyson go through Hell at school.”

“It isn't like you did anything nice for her, Mandy.” I snapped. “I've been there since day one.”

“Daddy are you angry?” Lexi asked me. I quickly turned toward my little girl.

“No, Princess.” I replied, smiling at her. She seems happy with Zack. “I'm sorry, Mandy.” I apologized.

“It's fine.” She nodded. “I deserve that.”

“Alyson doesn't exactly have friends.”

“She seems so nice.” Zack stated.

“She's the sweetest.” I agreed. “I feel like I am the only person to ever notice it.”

“Even if you never do anything about it?” Mandy asked. I avoided eye contact. “Come on, Alex. Do you know how much you could change things for her?”

I wanted to ignore her. I reached out for Lexi, and Zack handed her over to me.

“People at that school will never change.” I stated. “I've got to go. Lexi needs to get to bed. I've had her here like all day.”

“Daddy.” Lexi whined “I don't wanna leave.”

“Mandy and Zack can come over later, Princess.”

“And mommy too?” She gave me those brown puppy dog eyes.

I took one look at her.

“Anything for you.” I smiled at her. I would seriously give up everything for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
First two chapters just to get started :)

- Rae <3