Sequel: August Is Over
Status: Active. Comments = Updates

Secret Valentine

Secret's Aren't Always Easy To Hide...

"Hey Alex!" Jack was shouting and waving his arms wildly as he ran toward me. I was standing at my locker, and putting some books in it.

"Hi Jack!" I laughed at my best friend. He stood there, staring into my locker. I was confused until I saw it. It was a picture of me and Lexi. She was sitting in between my legs, both of us on the floor of Aly’s bed room. She had on her ‘Daddy’s Girl’ shirt that I bought her. You could tell that we were daddy and daughter.

"Who is that, Alex?" Jack asked me slowly.

I ignored him, and I shut my locker door.

"Hi guys," Rian called as he came up to us.

I nodded toward him, and he nodded back. Something behind him caught my eye. I saw Aly walking slowly down the halls, avoiding everyone’s stares. She appeared that she didn’t care what others thought about her, but I knew that it did hurt her. Aly wasn’t made of stone. She was human.

"What did she ever do to deserve all of this?" Jack brought me out of my deep thoughts.

"I don’t even remember." I replied. Then I saw Candy, and I remembered. "Aly..son can sing. That’s why. She beat out Candy in the 7th grade talent show. Candy just turned everyone against her."

"Oh yeah," Jack nodded. "Then she got preggo freshman year, and everyone just started calling her a slut."

"She’s not a slut!" I retorted all too quickly. "She doesn’t seem like a bad girl." I quickly recovered.

"I agree." Rian nodded. "Too bad no one has the guts to talk to her."

I nodded. I felt pretty shitty.

"Looks like Mandy does." Jack stated as we all looked over, seeing the two girls having a laugh. They were in hearing distance, and talking about Lexi’s birthday party.

"I will come over around 3-ish to start set up?"

"That would be great." Aly smiled. "At least it isn’t just us three, ya know?" She asked Mandy.

"I know," Mandy laughed. "Sit with me at lunch?"

"For sure." Aly smiled before Mandy waved to Aly as she left her to tend to her locker.

"Alyson’s kind of hot." Jack mused. Aly looked over at us right before my fist punched Jack’s skinny shoulder. I hit him really hard too. Aly rolled her eyes, and walked away from her locker.

"What the fuck, Alex?!" Rian asked.

"That hurt, you dick!" Jack rubbed his shoulder. "You know that I’m anemic! There is going to be a bruise there!"

"Sorry." I mumbled before walking away from him. I didn’t want to explain my sudden outburst.

 

 

Aly.

 

"I don’t understand why other people are so rude to you, Alyson. You’re amazing." Mandy laughed.

"People are people." I shrugged. "I’m just glad that I finally have a friend."

"Two actually." She smiled. "Then there is Alex."

I rolled my eyes.

"Alex is Alex. He’s an idiot." I laughed.

"But you love him anyway?"

I felt myself blush.

"That noticeable?"

Mandy shook her head no.

"Not to bad, but I can tell by the way that he looks at you. He loves you too."

"He doesn’t love me. He only loves our daughter, Lexi."

"He wouldn’t have punched his best friend, who bruises easy because of his anemia, if he didn’t love you."

I regretted telling her that Alex punched Jack for saying I was hot.

I rolled my eyes.

"Eat your salty cardboard, and hush up." I joked as she nibbled on a gross french fri.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you think they are going to find out?!

Comment pretty please?!

- Rae <3