Status: completed;

Keep Running

So Long and Good Night

As all of us ran from BLI, frantically stripping the Drac suits from our bodies, footsteps in the gravel followed us.

“Dammit you guys!” Gerard yelled since he was in the front, followed by Mikey, Musetta, Mary, Frank, Miles, Victoria, and then me. He was never really the one to get pissed but this was life or death…mostly for me.

“Party Poison!” I yelled, “Keep going without me!” I was obviously the weakest link in this situation and it was time I had to let go.

“Thunder, I swear if you don’t keep running,” he yelled back in response.

I didn’t want to let him down, hell, I didn’t want to let any of them down at all. This was my family but they could let me go easy enough. They did it with Gerard’s ex girlfriend, they could do it with me too.

“I love you guys!” I yelled before slowing my pace as they all carried on before stopping to look at me. My hand rested on my ray gun before I turned around, aiming the gun at a Drac before shooting, hitting him in the chest.

Gerard yelled in frustration before running to me with Mikey and Frank.

Korse approached the scene with It right next to him. All of the firing ceased as we stared at each other, her afro standing on all ends.

“Afro kid, we meet again,” I murmured, keeping my gun in my hand as I lowered it to the side.

“Well of course, dear, I birthed you didn’t I?” Our eyes locked and I shook my head.

“You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about, bitch.”

“Of course I do, Travis. I know for a fact that I birthed your ungrateful ass. All of your life you wanted to be good and wholesome and sweet. Where did Korse and I go wrong?” she asked, wiping away a single tear.

How could she believe I’d give her sympathy? Out of all people, why the hell would I feel sorry for her?

“You screwed us all over and I can’t believe you birthed me. You’re a sick, twisted bitch and I hate your fucking guts!” I yelled, quickly aiming my ray gun at her, eyes set to kill her right then and there. It occurred to me that if I killed her, Korse would most definitely kill me. But, if I didn’t, she’d probably go for Gerard or Mikey. Maybe even Ray, the girls, or Frank. Yeah, yeah, I said it, I don’t want Frankie as dead as I say I do.

Gerard stepped behind me, soft lips closed to my ear. His warm breath and calm breathing filled my ears and occupied my thoughts.

“Don’t do it, leave it to me,” he whispered, his eyes still looking at Korse and Cherry Cola.

“Or we’ll leave it to Songbird,” I replied, just loud enough for her to her what I said.

As quick as anything, a shot rang out through the eerie silence. In front of Gerard and I, Cherry Cola was falling to the ground, a trail of blood running down the side of that childish looking face of hers. Gerard and I looked back at Mary, seeing her black and gold ray gun still pointed out. She brought the tip of her gun to her lips before letting out a soft blow.

“I always hated that nasty ass afro,” she declared, the corner of her perfect lips slowing forming a smirk.

“My wife!” Korse yelled, dropping down next to Cherry Cola’s dead body before raising up again. “You’re a terrible daughter, Thunder Basher,” he paused and an evil grin spread across his pale face. “Goodnight.”

That was the last thing I heard before my world went black.

Gerard’s POV

My whole world came crashing down. Frank was the first to pick up Travis’ lifeless body and carry her back to me as Mikey, Musetta, Victoria, Miles, and Mary continued to fight Korse.
“Travis,” I whispered to her as Frank kneeled down, keeping her in his arms. “Frank, give her to me.”

“No,” he replied sternly, “I love her, dude. I wasn’t nice enough to her but I didn’t hate her. I need her,” Tears rolled down his dirty cheeks before he pressed his lips to her forehead. Frank ripped off his shirt, pressing the cloth on her bleeding temple.

Another shot rang out and I turned to watch Korse fall to the ground, obviously dead with four shots in his chest. The motherfucker gets to rot in hell.

Everyone else ran over to us, staring down at Travis in disbelief. She couldn’t be dead, I couldn’t bury her at all. She had to stay somewhere so I could visit her and take care of her, despite the smell of her rotting flesh.

“I’m tucking her into bed,” Miles looked at me and took her from Frank’s arms, getting into the Trans Am. We all followed him in with Ray in the driver’s seat, pulling off towards the home of where Travis used to live.
♠ ♠ ♠
What's the worst that I can say?