Status: completed;

Keep Running

Saving Our Kid Brother

I kept going until I saw the familiar broken down diner in the distance. The glasses on the ground was the give away since it was glinting in the sunlight. Miles stayed behind me the whole time which made me happy since he trusted me.

“Tell me who Mikey is now?” he asked as we stopped, walking the rest of the way. The Trans Am was still in the front, meaning however Neon came in, he left the same way with Mikey.

“Mikey is,” I hesitated for a bit before looking at Miles. “Mikey is my kid brother.” I pushed the door to the diner open and smiled when Mary engulfed me in a hug. Musetta followed, squeezing me tightly as she rested her hands on my cheeks.

“I knew you’d come back, I felt it.” she smiled and looked at Miles, shooting him a glare.

“Who the hell is that?” Musetta asked, looking back at me.

“That’s my brother.” I responded. Ray came out from the kitchen, a huge smile planted on his face.

“Travis, my girl!” he called, hopping over the counter. Musetta let me go so that Ray could hug me as well. He ruffled my hair and looked at Miles. “You said that’s your brother?”
I nodded, resting my cheek on his chest. “I know, we look nothing alike. I was adopted apparently. Korse is our dad but Agent Cherry Cola is my mom.” Everyone gasped and I heard Frank laughing from in the bathroom. That son of a bitch. Gerard came out of the bathroom along with Frank. Gerard’s eyes went wide as he looked at me and he ran to me, picking me up, and spinning me around in his arms.

“Oh baby, I missed you so much!” he kissed my lips multiple times before moving them to my cheek. “I’m sorry for what I said. Grace left us which proved she never wanted us anyways.”

Mary squealed when Gerard said her name. “That is ‘It’! That thing is to only be referred to as ‘It’, Gerard!”

Gerard laughed but nodded. “It left us.”

I laughed and put my hands on both of his cheeks, pulling him into another kiss as he connected his hands together, supporting me by keeping them under my ass. Miles coughed and everyone laughed except us since we were busy.

“Miles, Gerard and Travis are a thing.” Frank told him. “I know, sick isn’t it. Its like he’s kissing a dog.” I used one of my hands to flip him off before replacing it back on Gerard’s cheek. Finally, our lips separated and Gerard put me down.

“You guys, I only came to say good bye.” I told them all honestly. “I’m going to find Mikey, kill Cherry Cola, and go back home. I’m not cut out to be a Killjoy. I need to be safe at home with all of the others.” Gerard shook his head, pulling me into his chest. He rested his chin on top of my head and I looked at everyone. Gerard let his arms drape over my shoulders and sighed.

“I’m going with you to get Mikey and Cherry Cola. We all are.” Everyone nodded and pulled out there guns, reloading it simultaneously. Weren’t they all just the greatest?

“Hey…hey, you guys. I can read his thoughts!” Musetta said excitedly, resting her index finger and middle finger on her temple so she could listen carefully. We all stayed quiet so she could hear. “He’s most definitely at BLI. He said they’ll let him go once Travis decides to do something with them.”

“Do what?” I asked, looking over at Musetta.

“I don’t know. They haven’t decided yet. Come on, we gotta get a move on it.” I nodded and Gerard let go of me, going to the Trans Am. I grabbed a bottle of water, drinking half of it so I could give the rest to Miles since we were a little on the thirsty side. Gerard started the car and everyone piled in with Ray in the backseat with Mary, Frank, Musetta, and Miles. Don’t ask me how the managed to all fit, but they did.

“I guess I’ve got the passenger’s seat?” Gerard winked at me and I hopped in, sliding my aviators on and running my fingers through my hair. I slipped off my leather jacket and put it on the floor, looking back at everyone as Gerard pulled off. “Well, are you ready Ray?” I asked with a smirk.

“Yeah,” he responded with a smile.

“How ‘bout you Frank?”

“Oh, I’m there baby,” Frank took out his ray gun and shot up at the sky.

“How ‘bout you, Mary?”

“Fuckin’ ready.” she said with a smile.

Gerard and I looked at each other before smiling.

“What about you, Gerard?”

“Well I think I’m alright.” he sped up and we all cheered, throwing our hands straight up, letting out everything we had to let Korse know we were coming. I turned the radio on and smiled when I heard the familiar microphone static.

“109 in the sky, ladies and lads. No word from the infamous Thunder Basher yet but what I do know is that her brother, Maroon Sun, is in fact, alive and well. Sendin’ all my love for the new and improved Killjoy gang. Hang in there, Dr. D out.” A very upbeat song came on and I looked towards Gerard.

“This is your song, Party Poison.”

A woman began talking in Japanese and he smirked.

“We’ll name it that. Party Poison.” We all cheered again, ready to kick ass.

Mikey’s POV
I looked around the white room and glared at Cherry Cola.

“Everyone trusted you. You’re such a bitch.”

Cherry Cola laughed and tightened the belts on my arms, making me completely stuck in the chair. She left and Korse walked in, looking at me with a smug grin.

“Ah, from what I know, you’re Kobra Kid. Am I right?” he cocked his ray gun, shoving it next to my temple.

“Yes,” I muttered. He laughed and looked down at me, flashing me a toothy grin.

“I could blow ya brains out right now,” he whispered, moving the gun from my temple, walking around me. “I could shoot you in the back of your neck and kill you right now. The only thing that’s stopping me is that precious Travis. She’ll come soon enough. If she rejects what I’m offering her, you’ll get it.”

I was honestly trying my hardest not to cry and I’m not even that. I’m Kobra Kid. Pokerface Mikey. Mikes. Kid brother. I’m the one that everyone loves. Why me?

Travis’ POV

“Damn Korse! I don’t know why he wants me.” I looked back at Musetta as Gerard parked a mile from BLI. He put his mask on, Ray put on his sunglasses, Frank put on a full monster mask, Musetta slid her purple and black striped mask on and Mary put on her black mask that had a white dove in the top right hand corner along with music notes trailing behind it. Miles had a mask too, which was, shocker, maroon with two white stripes on the far left. We all got out of the car and began walking. Gerard held my hand and kissed the top of my head.

“I don’t know why either, babe.”

“No, literally, he can’t have sex with me. I’m his daughter, that’s just wrong.” I mumbled, looking back at everyone else. Mary and Frank were flirting while Ray, Musetta, and Miles talked.

“Actually, Travis, he could. Its called incest.” Mary said. I rolled my eyes and gave her a soft smirk.

A scream broke all of our voices and we turned to see a girl with brown hair running towards us, looking rather alarmed.

“Please, help me!” she yelled, going to Ray first, tugging on his jacket.

“What’s wrong?” he asked her. By now, we had all stopped to face Ray and the girl.

“M-My friend is at BLI and I know you’re Jet Star. I need you’re help! I need all of your guys’ help!” she looked at all of us, her eyes stopping on Musetta. “Musetta?” she asked, cocking her head to the side.

“Victoria? Victoria Lexin?” she asked. They both smiled. “Oh my God.” they hugged each other and we all looked at each other, confused at what just happened.

“Muse, you know her?” Gerard asked, looking at the two of them.

“She was in my zone and I thought she would never make it out of there alive. I was the lucky one to have some radio activity fuck with my head.” Musetta smiled at Victoria again and we all shrugged, picking up our pace again.

“She can join the party.” Frank said nonchalantly, lifting his mask a bit, resting part of it on top of his head. I didn’t blame him, it must’ve been in the high 80’s or something.

“Victoria, this is the gang. Up ahead, as you know, is Party Poison and if you’ve been listening to Dr. D, then…"

“Yeah, that’s Thunder Basher and Maroon Sun, right?”

“Yup. There’s Fun Ghoul and Songbird, and obviously that’s Jet Star.”

Victoria giggled and I thought she was looking at Gerard so I turned around but her eyes were on Ray.

“Ooh shit,” I whispered, biting my lip as I watched her. Ray made eye contact with her and gave her a smile. He looked super confident. Like, no joke, his fro was looking higher than normal. Gerard wrapped his arm around my shoulder and turned me around as we continued walking down the path.

Once we finally all arrived, Frank stepped in front on all of us. “Over there,” Frank pointed to a small, white van with the BLI logo on it, “should be Drac suits. Let’s put them on so we can get in. Ray guns ready.” he commanded.

I raised my eyebrow and placed my hand on my ray gun, slowly following him with Gerard, Ray, Musetta, and Victoria behind me. Frank kicked the side of it before aiming his gun at the door, waiting for something to happen. When nothing did, he went inside and tossed us all suits and matching ray guns. We all put out ray guns in our holders before slipping the suits on, looking at one another before laughing.

“Alright, let’s do this,” Gerard held my hand, squeezing it tightly before leading us inside the building. All of the heads of other Dracs turned before returning to their jobs. Ha, stupid mother fuckers. We all continued walking, Gerard casually looking at the see through rooms to try and find Mikey. Finally, he stopped at the room with Korse pointing a gun at poor Mikey’s head. I could Korse was laughing, just by the way his face looked. “Right here,” Gerard murmured before knocking on the door. Korse and Mikey both looked and Korse opened the door.

“Take care of him, boys.” Korse patted Gerard on the shoulder before walking past all of us. We all piled inside the room, closing and locking the door behind us.

“Fuck you all, seriously, I hate all of your fucking guts. I hope you all rot in hell.” Mikey growled, staring us all down.

“Mikey, oh my fucking God, if there is someone standing in front of you, saying they’re gonna kill you, the two words out of your mouth should never under any circumstances be ‘fuck’ and ‘you’. Seriously, say something that’ll be valuable like, “Hey, I’m gay, I’m pretty good in bed so untie me and let’s get it on,” or “I got a shit load of money back in Battery City, if you kill me, you ain’t gonna get any,” or my favorite, “I am your son”. You know just something that’ll make them NOT want to kill you.” Mary took a deep breath before crossing her arms.

“Oh my God, Mary.” Gerard and I both said at the same time, sounding like it was only him speaking since I was gonna trick Mikey. He looked at me and I looked at him before looking at Mikey.

“Mikey, how are you holdin’ up?” I asked, getting closer to him to untie the ropes around him.

“Pretty good Travis.” he answered simply. Everyone started laughing and I huffed, finally getting out one of the knots.

“Now how the hell did you know it was me?”

“Well because Gerard wouldn’t untie me from the right side, he’d do it from the left. He always unties thing from a left angle.” Mikey stated in a matter of fact tone, making him seem like captain of the know it alls.

Gerard laughed, taking the rope from me to put in a closet. It was good to see Mikey was doing okay after being trapped at BLI for a day. We hadn’t slept ever since the explosion and we were all pretty beat but the important thing is that we got our Mikey.

“Uh, last time I checked, there was 7 of you. Who are the last two?” Mikey asked, confused, his hand resting on his ray gun.

“Calm down!” Musetta stood in front of Victoria, her arms spread out to the sides. “This is Victoria, she’s from my zone.” Victoria sheepishly waved at Mikey and he waved back, moving his hand to his leg.

“That’s my brother, Miles.” I told Mikey, stretching my arms out a little bit.

Mikey looked at Gerard and laughed. “I can’t take any of you seriously in those costumes, oh my God.”

We all laughed with him and slid the masks up a little bit, only revealing our mouths to him, just in case someone saw us.

“Come on, we’ll sneak you out this way,” Frank pointed towards the back entry. “We have to hurry.” Gerard and I grabbed Mikey’s arms, forcefully dragging him out of the room to make it look like we were about to end his life. Everyone followed behind us quickly in a single file line. Mikey was making a fuss to fool everyone else around us and it was coming out beautifully. No one suspected one thing.

Time to get out.
♠ ♠ ♠
this one took wayyyyyy too long to get out! this is for Amy, Kofi, and Izzy!