Status: Just getting started!

American Idiot

Don't wanna be an American Idiot

“Mellissa…Mellissa…MELLISSA PLEASE WAKE UP!” I sprung up to my teacher’s voice. I looked up at her and smiled and mouthed ‘sorry’. “It’s alright dear, is everything okay? You have been falling asleep in class for the past 3 days.”

“Oh no I’m fine Mrs. C, just tired is all. Sorry again.”

“Like I said its all fine, it’s not like you’re failing. The bell is ringing in 10 anyway.”

“Alright then.” As my teacher smiled walked away I looked up at the clock. Yup only 10 minutes left. I grabbed my bag and put it around my shoulders and got ready to leave. I glanced over at Mrs. C again and smiled; I felt like she was the only teacher I could trust in this god forsaken place. I sighed as the bell ringing filled my ears. I walked out of the classroom and too my locker. After putting everything away I closed my locker and began to walk home. I didn’t feel like taking the bus so why not walk?

While I’m walking home in this gorgeous weather, I should tell you about myself; Hello there fellow reader! My name is Mellissa, which you probably know by now. I’m 18 and live in California, the suburbs to be exact. I live with my mother, my step father Brad and my older brother Johnny. I hate my mom and Brad, I can’t even call him dad. All they do is smoke and drink; they are never home and don’t give a shit about my brother and I. My brother, Johnny and I have a very close relationship with each other. We have always been close since mom and Brad are never around; we always take care of ourselves and look out for each other. I love my brother from the bottom of my heart, he’s the closest friend I have right now since I don’t have any friends…at all. Johnny and I have these little moments some nights where if we write in our journals, we trade, read them and talk about it. We never really keep secrets. He helps me with school even though he dropped out last year, and he was in his senior year; fucking idiot. One of my main goals is to keep going to school and graduate, maybe go to college? Who knows! Johnny has two close friends that are also dear to our hearts, Will and Tunny. I see them everyday, it’s like they live here or something. Will has a wonderful girlfriend named Heather who I have a close relationship with; I can talk to her about girl problems rather than going to Johnny for that shit. We all have a close bond and I love that. I think that’s about it, if any more information comes up I’ll be sure to include it somewhere!

I finally arrived home. Looking for my house key, I finally found it and unlocked the door. “Johnny! I’m home!” No answer. I looked around and saw a note from Johnny.

Hay baby girl! Went to 7-11 to get milk. By the time you read this I should be home!
Love you!


And Jonny was right, when I was done reading he walked through the door. “Hey shit face, how was school?” He asked kissing the top of my head and putting the milk in the fridge.

“Fine cock sucker, how was your day?”

“The usual.”

“7-11, came home, see what we needed, then went back and got what we needed?” I asked looking at him with the ‘are you serious’ face.

“You bet!” He said laughing. “Anything new happen at school?”

“Fell asleep during class again, nothing new.”

“Mel you gotta stop that.”

“J it’s not like I’m failing anything. Plus Mrs. C said she’ll help me with anything I need.”

“Well that’s good. Do you need help with anything now?”

“Nope, no homework, but I might write in my journal soon.”

“Awesome, we’ll trade tonight. 10 o’clock sound good?”

“You bet Johnny. I’m going to go rest. See you later for dinner.”

“Okay kido.”
I laughed and walked up to my room.

10 o’clock pm

“You ready?”

“Johnny you read mine first.”

“Okay.” I saw as Jonny found the date February 2nd. He read it over quickly and looked at me. “That’s it? You wrote like nothing!”

“Hey sometimes I write nothing. Now give me yours.”

“I don’t think you deserve to read my entry after those 5 sentences…”

“DUDE.”

“Okay okay here.” I snatched his journal and read over his entry.

February 2nd.
I jerked off into oblivion last night and today I forgot to shower… again. Oh well. It doesn’t matter, because I’m just gonna meet up with Will, and Tunny, and the usual suspects, again, for another afternoon of shit talkin’…


“Why did you stop writing?”

“Will and Tunny came over.”

“Ah okay. Well I guess I’ll go to bed.”

“You know mom and Brad come back tomorrow right?”

“Are you kidding me? They’ve been in Vegas for 2 weeks, can’t they stay there?”

“Maybe they will leave, but I’m going to bed too. I don’t want to be awake when they come back.”

“Night Johnny.” I gave him a quick hug and kiss on the cheek; he then smiled and walked out. I put my journal away, turned off my light while Johnny closed my door and looked up at the ceiling. Mom and Brad. Uh, even his name makes me shiver. Well whatever, I guess I’ll see in the morning what happens.

The Next Day

I woke up on a Saturday morning to screaming and what sounded like braking glass.

“You can not keep treating her like this! You’re just loosing more and more money when you are down in Vegas gambling and drinking your life away!”

“You shouldn’t be talking you stupid punk! You drink too! And you get just as bad as I do with your fucking group of messed up friends!”

“Yeah but I don’t get that bad every night! Why can’t you just fuck off and get out of here!?”

“I AM GETTING OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR MOTHER WHEATHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. NOW FUCK OFF JOHNNY. I’LL SKIN YOU ALIVE.” And then the door slammed.

“Son of a bitch.” I heard my brother yell out the window. I walked out of my bedroom and downstairs, and seeing Johnny closing the window. “Please tell me you didn’t hear any of that…”

“Skin you alive? We have to tell the police.”

“No we don’t. Let’s just keep living our lives how it is. We’ll be fine. I promise.” He came over and hugged me. I just hugged back and took a deep breath.

“DUDE. ARE YOU OKAY?!” Just my luck, getting out of bed, Will and Tunny walk through the door.

“Yeah we’re both fine just a little-”

“Freaked out.” I completed. Will and Tunny gave me a hug then greeted my brother.

“What happened?” Will asked sitting on our couch.

“Brad, that motherfucker.”

“Ha, yeah literally.” Will said laughing. I just looked at him with a ‘don’t mess around now’ face and he stopped laughing.

“He’s fucking insane. And he smelled bad too.”

“Well Johnny you haven’t showered, again.”

“Oh well.” He said sitting on a chair.

“HAHA, I’m beginning to pick up a pattern here!” Will said laughing again.

“Yeah, ya think?” Tunny said realizing what Will meant.

“What do you mean?” Johnny asked confused.

“Well your motherfuckin step dad hasn’t showered, you haven’t showered, and you curse a lot.” Johnny just leaned up, looking around shocked at himself and then looked back at us.

“Oh shit, is this my life?”
♠ ♠ ♠
American Idiot

Well um, hope you all liked it :)
comment for thoughts please?